• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I went with the wheat. Navy and cocoa are the clear winners in my opinion.

Effin hilarious....I pre-ordered navy and cocoa and when I saw the wheat, said, oh ****. I want the one I can't have, and its driving me mad, its all over my face!

I went with the wheat, and when I saw the navy and cocoa I wanted both of those too...oh well, I guess I can't afford to buy every pair of pants Epaulet makes. I don't know if the wheat is my favorite out of all of them, but it will fill the biggest gap in my wardrobe, so I'm happy with my choice. I already have the navy marl lambswools and a bunch of brown pants, but I don't own anything even close to these wheats. Just checked the tracking and they're on the way here!

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would those Donegal trousers shrink after wash? I want the Wheat! :slayer:

kgmessier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Would those Donegal trousers shrink after wash? I want the Wheat!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I wouldn't put those in a washing machine if I were you.

bakatora

Reaction score
pretty sad i didn't get in on the rudy pre-orders. :(

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I went with the wheat. Navy and cocoa are the clear winners in my opinion.

Effin hilarious....I pre-ordered navy and cocoa and when I saw the wheat, said, oh ****. I want the one I can't have, and its driving me mad, its all over my face!

I went with the wheat, and when I saw the navy and cocoa I wanted both of those too...oh well, I guess I can't afford to buy every pair of pants Epaulet makes. I don't know if the wheat is my favorite out of all of them, but it will fill the biggest gap in my wardrobe, so I'm happy with my choice. I already have the navy marl lambswools and a bunch of brown pants, but I don't own anything even close to these wheats. Just checked the tracking and they're on the way here!

I ordered the wheat originally and just ordered the cocoa to go with them. Already have the navy marls so didn't feel the need there but damn! Those charcoal tweeds are singing their siren song.

vespajg

Reaction score
Fresh off the UPS truck and opened the box in my office to reveal my first pair of Epaulet trousers. Slim Walt Oxford Gray Flannels. Ordered a 33 as the measurements seemed right and the fit is almost dead, spot-on perfect. Maybe a half inch loose in the waste. Maybe. And a bit slimmer than I'm used to so contemplating the Rudy's. But wow. Just wow. After trying all different brands, both less expensive and more expensive, I've finally found a great trouser with the fit I want out of the box, made in the USA, and with unrivaled customer service. At least someone is doing it right...my complements to Mike and Adele for filling a niche that has been missing in men's fashion: originality, quality, trad-ness without being stuffy, and excellent value. Nicely played....

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I'm seriously going to have to unsubscribe this thread, it's painful opening it and finding amazing stuff I can't afford before it sells out. :(

Haha, we're dangerous that way!

just came home to my taupe birdseye. Absolutely fantastic as usual. Pattern seems more subte irl. Looking forward to walt #8... Wheat tweet looks gooood :fonz:

Thank you sir, glad that you're pleased with them. And this just in: our three plaid Walt's are getting cut on Monday and should be delivered about 10 days afterwards. It's going to be our last trouser delivery of the season, and a killer one!

I know this has been asked many times, but when can I expect a re-stock on the natural cxl penny loafers?

I've got the leather now, but we probably won't do the next run of loafers until early Feb. We don't really sell handsewns in the winter for the most part.

But if you're hankering for a pair of Natural CXL shoes, check out our two Alden makeups. They're off the hook, and very season-appropriate. We sold about half the stock, but I still have a good size distribution.

Okay.. I only have black shoes/boots. Cocoa or charcoal? wanna grab a pair before anyone else gets it

Definitely Charocal for black footwear.

Now that the donegal pics are up, my least favorite are the ones I ordered. Damn it! Oh well, at least I got a pair.

Don't sweat it, you'll like the wheat. It's a hard color to capture in photography. No matter how much I mad-dogged it in Photoshop, it still came out too yellow/green. In person it's a really handsome and easily matched color. It's absolutely ace with a navy jacket.

Where do I kop this watch strap? :slayer:

It came with the watch. It's a Seiko called "Cocktail Time" and we got it from Seiya Japan. Awesome watch and a very good price for it.

Would those Donegal trousers shrink after wash? I want the Wheat! :slayer:

You'd never want to machine wash these trousers or any of the wool ones that we offer. It's possible to handwash them, but you should probably just get them dry cleaned. No worries about shrinkage at all.

Fresh off the UPS truck and opened the box in my office to reveal my first pair of Epaulet trousers. Slim Walt Oxford Gray Flannels. Ordered a 33 as the measurements seemed right and the fit is almost dead, spot-on perfect. Maybe a half inch loose in the waste. Maybe. And a bit slimmer than I'm used to so contemplating the Rudy's. But wow. Just wow. After trying all different brands, both less expensive and more expensive, I've finally found a great trouser with the fit I want out of the box, made in the USA, and with unrivaled customer service. At least someone is doing it right...my complements to Mike and Adele for filling a niche that has been missing in men's fashion: originality, quality, trad-ness without being stuffy, and excellent value. Nicely played....

Thank you sir, glad that you're pleased with the trousers! And you can expect the flannel to give a bit in the legs with wear, so if they're not uncomfortably tight, then you'll most likely be happy with the fit after you break them in a bit.

Last edited:

brokeassp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
doh im an idiot. I`ll be placing an order on the wheat one as soon as I get home :slayer:

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Please, please, please, let you get the one(s) that you want? Lord knows it would it be the first time?

laughter95

Reaction score
i'm glad that i had the chance to change my order from navy + cocoa donegal tweed to wheat + cocoa. good thing my order wasn't shipped yet. i forgot that i ordered the blue marl pants, so no need for another pair of similarly-colored pants.

when will you get another batch of mitsi print liberty of london shirts? i've been wanting that print shirt since it dropped, but balked at the price. now that it's been on my mind for a month or more, i think i should just get it anyway.

monologuist

Reaction score

How's the weight on that flannel? Can you wear it early fall, west coast "winter" or is it more of a late fall, east coast winter kind of thing?

nbernie

Reaction score

How's the weight on that flannel? Can you wear it early fall, west coast "winter" or is it more of a late fall, east coast winter kind of thing?

I wear my Ep flannels from October to March in NH, though not outside too much. Might be ok for a SF winter....

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads