• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

lagsun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Finally pulled the trigger on my first Epaulet order for the Navy Rivet Chinos. Been eyeing them for a while now.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Not sure if you already ordered but these shirts run very small.

I normally wear medium in most brands. I ordered a large to size up just in case as I hadn't ordered from Epaulet before and it is very small on me in shoulders/arms and length.

Finally got the shirt after the post office problem, shoulders are definitely way too small, check my sig for a slight discount on the item.

Last edited:

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

How tapered was the midsection? I usually wear medium, but I am guessing i will have to size up to L as well

Pretty tapered, but not unreasonably so. I fit fine in the midsection (a little tight but I'm fat) the shoulders were way too small and the armholes are a bit tight. Nice shirt, wish it fit.

Rincon

Reaction score
How tapered was the midsection? I usually wear medium, but I am guessing i will have to size up to L as well

I guess it's all relative.

I am thin but fit with broad shoulders and the tapering was equivalent to a J Crew esq "slim fit" style.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A minor thing, but I think the size charts for the Rudy trousers (at least in the cramerton/lambswool) are off in terms of the leg opening.

I was taking my size 33 cramerton/lambswools to the tailor today and noticed that the leg opening on both is a solid 8.5", not 8.25" as it states on the sizing chart.

defan

Reaction score

I am thin but fit with broad shoulders and the tapering was equivalent to a J Crew esq "slim fit" style.

Here's to hoping mine fits in L.

sazon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i could holdout no longer Mike.

Oxford Flannel and Pale Grape trousers to NJ please.

for the LOVE OF GOD MICHAEL!

afixedpoint

Crossfit
Reaction score

When you say equivalent tapering, do you mean the Epaulet L is equivalent to J. Crew SF M, or equivalent between the same size?

If the taper is equivalent between the same size, then i probably would look ridiculous in either Epaulet M or L :(

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Just received my first pair of epaulet rivet chinos and I must say that these are some of the most beautifully constructed pants I have seen, unfortunately I knew sizing down one on the waist could potentially put me in a bad position. Sure enough the crotch, ass, legs all fit like a glove, probably the best fittings pants I have tried on, but the 31 is just too tight up top, i hate when that happens. May get a 32 and tailor the living **** out of them or just return and call it a loss altogether. I'm pretty bummed.

EDIT: I could always try losing a couple of pounds up top but I would hate to have such beautiful pants collect dust in my closet while I diet.

Last edited:

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The rivets are legit. Really like the durability and weight of the fabric. I'm going to have to get a pair of the navy or gray.

lachyzee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To bump a question I had a few pages back - what do you guys who wear a Rudy fit trouser wear in the Rivets? Same size or one up?

My 33 Rudys fit perfectly around the thigh/seat, and im worried that a 33 Rivet might be a bit slim in that area. Particularly in the navy canvas which is what im looking at. Can't imagine its too stretchy/forgiving.

runningfrog

Reaction score

It was between the gunmetal chinos and the navy marl trousers for my first epaulet purchase. I went with the navy marls. They're just too good to pass up.

good choice, i have the navy marl walts and was wearing them today. excellent color and texture.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received my first pair of epaulet rivet chinos and I must say that these are some of the most beautifully constructed pants I have seen, unfortunately I knew sizing down one on the waist could potentially put me in a bad position. Sure enough the crotch, ass, legs all fit like a glove, probably the best fittings pants I have tried on, but the 31 is just too tight up top, i hate when that happens. May get a 32 and tailor the living **** out of them or just return and call it a loss altogether. I'm pretty bummed.
EDIT: I could always try losing a couple of pounds up top but I would hate to have such beautiful pants collect dust in my closet while I diet.

I have rivet chinos in both sizes 31 and 32. The difference between the two is pretty negligible, except in the waist. I think if you get a 32, you'll be happy with them and probably won't need to tailor them.

That being said, I've gotten other, more ill-fitting pants tapered before and it makes a difference.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads