1. In 2018. by way of thanks for being a part of this community, we'll be choosing 16 active members of our community at random to receive a special gift and a gift certificate for one of our affiliate vendors, to represent each of our 16 years.

Fok and the Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. lagsun

lagsun Distinguished Member

Finally pulled the trigger on my first Epaulet order for the Navy Rivet Chinos. Been eyeing them for a while now.

2. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Finally got the shirt after the post office problem, shoulders are definitely way too small, check my sig for a slight discount on the item.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

3. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Crossfit

How tapered was the midsection? I usually wear medium, but I am guessing i will have to size up to L as well

4. stevent

stevent Distinguished Member

Pretty tapered, but not unreasonably so. I fit fine in the midsection (a little tight but I'm fat) the shoulders were way too small and the armholes are a bit tight. Nice shirt, wish it fit.

5. Rincon

Rincon Senior Member

I guess it's all relative.

I am thin but fit with broad shoulders and the tapering was equivalent to a J Crew esq "slim fit" style.

6. lachyzee

lachyzee Distinguished Member

A minor thing, but I think the size charts for the Rudy trousers (at least in the cramerton/lambswool) are off in terms of the leg opening.

I was taking my size 33 cramerton/lambswools to the tailor today and noticed that the leg opening on both is a solid 8.5", not 8.25" as it states on the sizing chart.

[​IMG]

7. defan

defan Well-Known Member

Here's to hoping mine fits in L.

8. sazon

sazon Distinguished Member

i could holdout no longer Mike.

Oxford Flannel and Pale Grape trousers to NJ please.

for the LOVE OF GOD MICHAEL!

9. afixedpoint

afixedpoint Crossfit

When you say equivalent tapering, do you mean the Epaulet L is equivalent to J. Crew SF M, or equivalent between the same size?

If the taper is equivalent between the same size, then i probably would look ridiculous in either Epaulet M or L :(

10. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior Member

Just received my first pair of epaulet rivet chinos and I must say that these are some of the most beautifully constructed pants I have seen, unfortunately I knew sizing down one on the waist could potentially put me in a bad position. Sure enough the crotch, ass, legs all fit like a glove, probably the best fittings pants I have tried on, but the 31 is just too tight up top, i hate when that happens. May get a 32 and tailor the living shit out of them or just return and call it a loss altogether. I'm pretty bummed.

EDIT: I could always try losing a couple of pounds up top but I would hate to have such beautiful pants collect dust in my closet while I diet.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2011

11. meso

meso Distinguished Member

The rivets are legit. Really like the durability and weight of the fabric. I'm going to have to get a pair of the navy or gray.

12. thecool85

thecool85 Senior Member

It was between the gunmetal chinos and the navy marl trousers for my first epaulet purchase. I went with the navy marls. They're just too good to pass up.

13. lachyzee

lachyzee Distinguished Member

To bump a question I had a few pages back - what do you guys who wear a Rudy fit trouser wear in the Rivets? Same size or one up?

My 33 Rudys fit perfectly around the thigh/seat, and im worried that a 33 Rivet might be a bit slim in that area. Particularly in the navy canvas which is what im looking at. Can't imagine its too stretchy/forgiving.

14. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior Member

good choice, i have the navy marl walts and was wearing them today. excellent color and texture.

15. applky

applky Distinguished Member

I have rivet chinos in both sizes 31 and 32. The difference between the two is pretty negligible, except in the waist. I think if you get a 32, you'll be happy with them and probably won't need to tailor them.

That being said, I've gotten other, more ill-fitting pants tapered before and it makes a difference.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2011