• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • Epaulet x Styleforum Alpine Loden Collection

Loden wool, woven in Tirol for centuries, is known for its resistance to cold and wetness. Our project in collaboration with Epaulet introduces Alpine Loden, a modern 18oz fabric blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon, woven in Italy. It's lighter, more durable, wind-resistant, and more comfortable than traditional Loden fabric. Partnering with Rochester Tailored Clothing, we offer custom garments like sportcoats, suits, and overcoats, made to your specifications. Learn more about the Loden collection here.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

DoubleDB

Reaction score
Is anyone else having trouble initiating a return lately? I have emailed the address on the website multiple times and messaged Eva through this forum, with no response.

alexbowles

Reaction score
Hi, yes - I have had some difficulties/delays recently. Eva did eventually get back to me and we got the return sorted out. That was after I posted here about the issue; might have been a coincidence but I know Eva reads this forum closely!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Really, these look SO good. My guys at the factory said that it's the nicest Doyle delivery that they've seen, and I'm inclined to agree.

The Ripcord collab jackets are bonkers good.

I LOVE the French Blue Twill. Seriously the color tone on this is perfect. It's one of the few times that it's a perfect French Blue and not too light or too saturated. I've actually got one extra unit in size 40, but the rest are claimed.

And oh man the Holland & Sherry Houndstooth is incredible as expected. I'll take pics of all these before shipping them out.

We have open stock in Auburn Cotton/Cashmere,. Grey mid-century static, and a really beautiful OG Cramerton Khaki that had tags on it for Orvis. I think it's the first really proper light khaki twill Doyle that I've done. Looks so great! I'll put them online tomorrow.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Quick fit pic of friend Nellie in an Unfinished Horsehide Aero jacket and a custom camo RTC trouser 💪🏻

IMG_2329.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2329.jpeg
    IMG_2329.jpeg
    119.1 KB · Views: 22

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Doyle Lead.jpg

The Doyle is our signature casual jacket, and it's been too long since our last delivery! The preorder fabrics sold out quickly, but we do have inventory in three amazing new colorways.

I really love these - the palette is neutral and refined, and they could easily be dressed up or down.

Speckled Herringbone has a perfect drape and a mid-century vibe. Cramerton Khaki gives off a safari look and ties back beautifully to light denim. And Auburn cotton-cashmere is not only super luxe, but it's the best brown-toned jacket that we've ever released.

There's between 8 and 12 units available per jacket. Use the code below for 15% off and feel free to message me with any questions:

doyle15

Thanks, Eva 😁

Speckled Herringbone Washable Wool-Nylon: $191 with code doyle15
Charcoal Midcentury Doyle Main1.jpg

Cramerton Khaki 8oz Cotton Twill: $148 with code doyle15
Doyle Khaki Cramerton Fit.jpg

Auburn 9oz Cotton & Cashmere: $165 with code doyle15
Doyle Auburn Fit1 copy.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Alpine Loden Newsletter Leader.jpg

View attachment 2203697
A Modern Take on a Legendary Outdoorsman Fabric
Offered in Partnership with Styleforum and Rochester Tailored Clothing at a Great Price

Hey everyone!

As a Styleforum affiliate for over 15 years, I'm super excited to introduce this new collaborative project. We're working with Rochester Tailored Clothing (based out of the original Hickey Freeman factory in New York) to offer a beautiful range of custom clothing in our exclusive "Alpine Loden" wool blend.

We're collecting orders now for delivery between end-August and mid-September. We've discounted the MSRP by 15% and your brand new garments will arrive before the start of Fall. Orders will be open until the first week of July.

For centuries, Loden wool has been woven in Tirol - the mountainous region between Italy and Austria. This rugged cloth is often considered to be one of the first performance fabrics, as its finishing process made it uniquely resistant against cold and wetness.

For this project, we've sourced an exceptional and modern iteration of this storied fabric. Its standout features include:

1) Woven in Italy in an 18oz blend of 75% merino wool and 25% nylon.

2) Compared to traditional Loden, Alpine Loden is lighter, more durable, and more wind resistant. It protects against light moisture from drizzling or snow.

3) It's very comfortable. Traditional Loden is quite coarse, and many wool-nylon blends are rigid. Alpine Loden has a nice hand and a wonderful drape.

We're offering Sportcoats, Suits, Trousers, Overcoats, Chore Coats, Teba Jackets, and Field Jackets. We can make any size and any length. Your garments will be made expressly for you.

There's a lot to talk about, so let me start with the direct links to each item....

Custom Sportcoats and Suits in Alpine Loden: From $1100

Custom Overcoats in Alpine Loden: From $1440

Custom Teba Jackets, Chore Coats, and Field Jackets: From $505.75

Custom Trousers: From $382

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Stitchwork Sashiko on Sale

Earlier in the Spring, this intricate new variant of cotton Japanese Sashiko became our best-selling fabric of 2024. It's soft, comfortable, and has an incredibly distinct texture.

We're getting down to the last few units of each color, so I'm clearing them at a great price. These specific colorways will not be offered again, so definitely grab something if you've had your eye on them.

Check it out here, right at the top of the sale section. Rivets are $135 and Kamigatas are $175. They work great as a 2-piece set too!

hpreston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stitchwork Sashiko on Sale

Earlier in the Spring, this intricate new variant of cotton Japanese Sashiko became our best-selling fabric of 2024. It's soft, comfortable, and has an incredibly distinct texture.

We're getting down to the last few units of each color, so I'm clearing them at a great price. These specific colorways will not be offered again, so definitely grab something if you've had your eye on them.

Check it out here, right at the top of the sale section. Rivets are $135 and Kamigatas are $175. They work great as a 2-piece set too!
Link not working. I think you’ve got an extra dot between the .com and /

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The 7PM light perfectly brought out the complex tones of this beautiful navy herringbone from Harris Tweed

This sportcoat is a custom makeup for one of our best clients. It's designed with slimmer lapels and a ticket pocket.

As always, it's crafted in the USA with love and precision by our friends at RTC

Drop me a line to commission one for yourself! We have over 20 varieties of Harris Tweed available. 💪🏻

Navy Harris Tweed Sutton.jpg

Navy Harris Tweed Sutton2.jpg

Navy Harris Sutton3.jpg

DoubleDB

Reaction score
Hi, yes - I have had some difficulties/delays recently. Eva did eventually get back to me and we got the return sorted out. That was after I posted here about the issue; might have been a coincidence but I know Eva reads this forum closely!
Thank you! Eva, can you please DM me?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Washed Howitzer Khaki Lead.jpg

Woven in the UK, Dyed & Enzyme Washed in the USA
10 units are available

This incredible fabric was a personal project for me. My concept is to deliver is brand new custom trouser that looks and feels like a broken in and beloved vintage pair.

I began with a gorgeous 10oz white cotton twill from Brisbane Moss in the UK. This base cloth was reactive dyed to a perfect light khaki tan and then enzyme washed twice. The resulting fabric is beautifully softened and broken in. It's also entirely pre-shrunk and machine washable.

By treating the cloth before its sewn, your resulting custom trousers will be easy and comfortable from the first wear. And since Brisbane Moss twills are deservedly famous for their strength.. you can be confident that these trousers will serve you well and age wonderfully. The 10oz weight is wearable all year round.

I have enough cloth for approximately 10 units. You are going to love these!

Custom Trousers in Brisbane Moss Dyed & Enzyme Washed 10oz Twill: $285

Featured Sponsor

Invisible Socks: Convenience or Curse?

• Convenience

• Curse

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
david.m.morris@talkta