• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Coffandcig

Reaction score
DCBD bill of material sheet for our sewers to match thread color and buttons to your pre-ordered shirt fabrics. We’ll have some extra stock in some fabrics as well if you missed out on the preorder.

Sneak peek at the bonus fabrics we’ll be stocking also. 👀

View attachment 1947995
super stoked for these. i picked up the dusty rose and charcoal denim. also, the cruising shirt from p&s is super rad.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
super stoked for these. i picked up the dusty rose and charcoal denim. also, the cruising shirt from p&s is super rad.

Excited to see how everything makes up too. Dusty Rose and Sapphire Denim were among my favorites when I was sourcing.

And I’m glad you dig the Cruising Shirt, might make it in cotton gauze or something fun for the summer! Did you get one of the Natural Yoshiwa ones? Been focused on making my new 9.5oz Uprock Raglan Denim Jackets at the moment.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wore my new butterscotch rivets for the first time this week, and when I went to put my wallet in my right pocket, the stitching ripped. pictures attached of the left pocket with the stitching all the way down to the pocket, and the right where it ripped above the pocket and the pocket is slightly loose/open below where the stitching was

is this going to be an issue?

Attachments

• IMG_7869D.JPG
    IMG_7869D.JPG
    168.7 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_7870D.JPG
    IMG_7870D.JPG
    236.2 KB · Views: 99

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SASHIKO UPDATE

Hey guys, I'm going to the dye house in an hour to get all of our Ink and Dagger Sashiko pieces. The pants need drawstrings and the jackets need buttons, so will be a few more days before we're shipping, but everything is still planned to go out this week.

I did a small amount open stock in both shapes and both colors, and I'm going to launch that today. Price is higher than the preorder rate, but if you missed the deadline then this is your chance to get a piece. And if you bought one sashiko item, this is going to be the only chance to get the matching jacket or pant from the same dye lot. Will be live on our site early this evening

mhip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SASHIKO UPDATE

Hey guys, I'm going to the dye house in an hour to get all of our Ink and Dagger Sashiko pieces. The pants need drawstrings and the jackets need buttons, so will be a few more days before we're shipping, but everything is still planned to go out this week.

I did a small amount open stock in both shapes and both colors, and I'm going to launch that today. Price is higher than the preorder rate, but if you missed the deadline then this is your chance to get a piece. And if you bought one sashiko item, this is going to be the only chance to get the matching jacket or pant from the same dye lot. Will be live on our site early this evening
How about those Doyles?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Ink and Dagger Pieces are here

Our exclusive "Ink and Dagger" Sashiko sportcoats and laidback pants are ready! We took delivery on these today and they're absolutely gorgeous.

We'll be shipping preorders over the next three days, with the goal of having everything dispatched by the end of the week.

In the meantime, we have limited open stock in both shapes and both colors. Click through the links below to get one of these incredible pieces for yourself!

And if you preordered one item and you're interested in making a suit, then this is the only chance to get a perfectly matched mate from the same dye lot. Links are below:

Laidback Pant in Dagger Grey Sashiko: $150
Grey2.jpg

Laidback Pant in Ink Navy Sashiko: $150
Blue5.jpg

Sinclair Sportcoat in Dagger Grey Sashiko: $265
Grey3.jpg

Sinclair Sportcoat in Ink Navy Sashiko: $265
Blue9.jpg

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Linen And Summer Shirt Promo tomorrow

Hey guys! Quick heads up... we're going to do a quick flash sale of 20% off Linen, Madras, and Summer poplin custom shirts tomorrow. With a 6 week lead time, we'll be shipping in early July, so it's the last chance for a timely Summer delivery. I'll post up the links and code once it's live.

To get you prepared.. here's two of our latest makeups to arrive...

Watermelon Mojito Madras
Watermelon Mojito Made Up.jpg

Papaya Gingham
Papaya Gingham Made Up.jpg

herzzreh

Reaction score
Remember back in '17 or so, you guys had these Somelos oxford button downs with this collar that kinda rolls when first few buttons are unbuttoned. What is that type of a collar called? I love those shirts but they're on their last threads by now.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Remember back in '17 or so, you guys had these Somelos oxford button downs with this collar that kinda rolls when first few buttons are unbuttoned. What is that type of a collar called? I love those shirts but they're on their last threads by now.
Oh yes, it's called a one-piece or a Capri collar. I loved those shirts! Was one of those weird products where we'd sell a bunch on delivery and the the balance of the inventory died harder than John McClane, so I regretfully had to stop making them.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last Chance for off-price suits in "Charcoal Crosshatch Fresco"

Hey guys,

We've been shopping this promo fabric around for the past few months and I'm down to the last 10 yards. Its enough for 2 suits and maybe a separate pant.

If you're in the market for a grey suit, then this is an awesome fabric and we have it priced a little above $1K with the 15% discount code. It's a phenomenal deal for a custom Hickey suit in a really versatile and cool four-season wool.

You can order the suit here until tomorrow (Friday). Just use the code below to save 15%

suit15

And here's a quick video that shows the cloth fully made up:

Mister GeeGollyGosh

Reaction score
I am tempted to order a pair of Wilhelms in that twill you just posted. However, it has been over a year and a half since my first Rochester order and I still have not gotten anything I have actually ordered from them; it does not do much to inspire confidence.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh yes, it's called a one-piece or a Capri collar. I loved those shirts! Was one of those weird products where we'd sell a bunch on delivery and the the balance of the inventory died harder than John McClane, so I regretfully had to stop making them.
some of my favorite shirts. i could use some new white and blue ones.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I am tempted to order a pair of Wilhelms in that twill you just posted. However, it has been over a year and a half since my first Rochester order and I still have not gotten anything I have actually ordered from them; it does not do much to inspire confidence.

I'm not sure if I can cross-reference your real name with the username, but hopefully we've been in touch about this. I do have a few remakes in work and some things that the factory missed from our last promo round, but overall stuff is coming through well and we should be able to deliver these pants in the 6 week frame. Definitely drop me a line ([email protected]) if we haven't spoken on this though.

some of my favorite shirts. i could use some new white and blue ones.

Man, yeah I miss them.. all the shirts made by that factory were so excellent. It was one of the oldest facilities in Portugal, and their shirt make was awesome. I remember that we ran two factory finds rounds there too, and some of those pieces were stunning! Sadly no plans to bring those back, I'm really focusing on stuff from here and Peru for the moment

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hattori Leader NL.jpg

The Greatest Trouser Twill That We've Ever Offered

Hey guys, I've got an awesome limited run fabric for our custom trousers with RTC.

Composed of slate grey and natural indigo yarns, this 11oz pure cotton fabric hails from the famed Hattori Textile Co. of Kyoto Japan. It was most likely created for cotton Yukata garments, but it will work wonderfully as a casual or biz caz trouser. The mill is a 200 year old business that makes seriously traditional Japanese textiles in Kyoto.

It's machine washable, and you can expect the indigo yarns to fade with wash and wear, increasing the contrast over time.

This cloth is luxurious, rare, and very expensive to purchase and import. We secured a single roll of it at a great price, and we have enough to make another 6 or 7 pairs as of today. Once it's gone, it's gone for good!

YOU CAN SEE IT ON OUR WEBSITE HERE

A few quick notes:

1) You can take 15% off with the code twill15. This will be active till Wed 5/10.
2) There's no set deadline on this going offline. If we don't sell all the units tomorrow, then it will just say up until we do. But I'm going to ship the cloth tomorrow to RTC for orders, so ordering by tomorrow will give you the discount and the fastest turnaround. Should take them about four weeks to make the pants after the cloth lands there.

3) If you get a Nico pant in this then it might seriously be the best Nico ever. Two guys ordered this shape so far and I'm jazzed to see it.

4) I shot a video that talks all about it and shows the fabric in both shade and sun. I'd love to know your thoughts on the video format. I'm trying to use voiceovers and multiple edits and camera angles to make the videos more dynamic and shorter overall. Trying to hit a balance between upping the overall quality but still keeping it fast and realistic to make.

Hattori1.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads