Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Rincon

Rincon Senior Member

Appreciate the insight guys... but I guess it goes back to the "how slim is slim?" question ; )

This is what I consider slim - are we talking the same thing?
    [​IMG]

2. rennavate

rennavate Distinguished Member

Yeah, I'm 6'0", 180lbs, and my thighs are 25". I don't think I could fit into ANY Walts, no matter the size. I wear a 34 in the Rudy.

3. nbernie

nbernie Senior Member

My walts are a little looser than that, but you could get them tailored that slim if you really wanted.

4. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

TheWalts are slim for me, but I have hockey player thighs and ass. Mike also is a bigger guy and not the "skinny hipster type". Were more muscular hipsters...lol. I think these are "our slim". I don't get plumber crack in these pants, the rise is decent, even on the rivets, and I have room in the claf without it being "Bills Khakis". Hope that helps. Also, if all esle fails, do what I did. Get a pair that you like on sale (I was lucky the plaid was on sale so I got one) and I was happy with the fit. Worse case, he makes returns nice and easy.

5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

TheWalts are slim for me, but I have hockey player thighs and ass. Mike also is a bigger guy and not the "skinny hipster type". Were more muscular hipsters...lol. I think these are "our slim". I don't get plumber crack in these pants, the rise is decent, even on the rivets, and I have room in the claf without it being "Bills Khakis". Hope that helps. Also, if all esle fails, do what I did. Get a pair that you like on sale (I was lucky the plaid was on sale so I got one) and I was happy with the fit. Worse case, he makes returns nice and easy.

6. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

There are a bazillion photos on the site that show the fit of the pants...

for example:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Distinguished Member

There are also measurements on the website that you can use to compare to a pair of pants you already have.

8. nbernie

nbernie Senior Member

Speaking of trousers, this should be the week for the new ones. I'm planning on getting mid gray and gray on gray glen plaid this time around. Also excited to see full shots of the tweeds and any surprises.

9. Doctor

Doctor Senior Member

WAT?! They are not that slim. If they were, they'd explode off me and many other Epaulet customers.

10. ceoceo

ceoceo Distinguished Member

:rotflmao:
    Mike, hate to bug you on this, but any plan on gloves/ winter hats?

11. Jsoftz

Jsoftz Senior Member

I just got what looked like it was the last pair of Tapered Rudy Moleskin Trousers in 30". These are my first moleskins having lived most of my life in the Texas heat up until now, and I have to say, damn these rock! Fit was great and I am a guy who can't usually fit in some of those skinny people pants, having comparatively large hips and thighs next to other 5'6" guys. These feel extremely comfortable and substantial, I can't wait to get them back from the tailor.

12. Doctor

Doctor Senior Member

Epaulet could start a workplace sartorial revolution. I have a lunch at a major law firm tomorrow, dress code "business casual." I will be wearing my burgundy windowpane walts. Think I'll get away with it?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011

13. applky

applky Distinguished Member

^ Wore my Olive Gunchecks the other day. I imagine a solid shirt is probably safest with them, but I went for an Ashland multi-stripe oxford and a navy shawl cardigan. The Olive Gunchecks are ridiculous -- probably the best trouser fabric I've ever seen. I mean, come on:

[​IMG]

(sorry, didn't save fit pics of my own)

14. kgmessier

kgmessier Distinguished Member

Haven't been around for a couple months—Hi Mike!—so I thought I'd post something from yesterday:

[​IMG]

Epaulet Greyscale Corduroy Black Watch Button-Up
    (as always, click to enlarge)

Oh, and a belated CONGRATS to everyone at Epaulet on their Racked award! The competition never stood a chance.

- K

15. CHRK33

CHRK33 Distinguished Member

KG, welcome back!! By the way, I love the blackwatch corduroy shirt you are sporting. I want that badly, but doesn't look like there is anything like that coming down the pipe from Epaulet this winter. Similar/identical fabric by Thom Browne this season for almost four bills, which is too pricey for a casual shirt. But damn its sick.