• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Any way we could get a picture of the Sienna and Pale Olive twill against a blue oxford?

The top two are Sienna and Olive but here’s a assortment of other twills as well over an Oxford Shirt.

B3AEEDB5-3296-4A3D-B233-D7282C0CB7FE.jpeg

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Last edited:

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Also we just got in an Individualized customer's shirt made up in the Blue Note 130s Wool Shirting from Weba Mills's Limitless line. It has an extremely soft and luxurious texture for wool that you just have to touch to believe.
The fact that it's a washable wool really makes these fabrics a step above as well. Though we definitely recommend a delicate cycle and hang dry.

Blue Note.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys!

1) I’m getting all of our EZ Pants and Wilhelms in an hour. We’ll be shipping all preorders today, and listing open stock tomorrow.

2) I got to see Yuki Matsuda at the Rose Bowl this past weekend. He talked to my daughter about his favorite steakhouses of LA and he said to to say hello to everyone on Styleforum….

9DDEF181-527B-4B79-B2BA-111046C53CAA.jpeg

utopiaburger

Reaction score
How similar is the colour of the 9oz twill in moss vs 12oz cannonball canvas in olive?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How similar is the colour of the 9oz twill in moss vs 12oz cannonball canvas in olive?

The Moss is darker and a bit less green. The big difference is texture and weight. Cannonball is heavy and really stiff on the first wear. It's a legit workwear fabric that takes some time to break in, but will fade like a beast over time.

The Moss Twill is really soft and comfortable on the first wear. The hand on it is amazing actually... it's 100% cotton but honestly feels just like the cotton-cashmere blend that we used to run with Hertling.

@Epaulet Any update on the remaining HF trousers? Fingers crossed! Thanks.

Just got about a dozen pairs yesterday and anticipating another box of 20 leaving the factory this week. Shouldn't be much longer! I'll definitely post up a video once I shoot the next unboxing feature.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
THE RIVET SELVEDGE JEAN & WILHELM SELVEDGE CHINO COMETH

We had a great meeting yesterday with our patternmaker. For the first time in about 8 years, we're going to develop and offer selvedge denim jeans.

Although I've done jeans here and there, I believe that 2015 was the last actual selvedge product that we offered. It was a good product then, but we can do a LOT better now. Our patternmaker really understands the nuances of fit on a 5-pocket jean. Our factory does a wonderful job making them. We have reasonable production minimums and access to a ton of great denims.

We're going to start with two products. First to be released will be the Wilhelm Selvedge Chino. This is going to look quite a bit like the Garand/Thompson chino that we made with Hertling. Figure that the Wilhelm is right in between those two fits. It will work for guys with bigger legs, but also offer a cool and slightly relaxed fit for those with slimmer legs. And if the Hertling items were $275, I think that we can offer the LA product for $195 max.. maybe even as low as $175 for a preorder.

Next will be the Rivet Jean. It's a five pocket design with the usual denim bells and whistles (rivets, bartacks, button fly, chainstitch waist & hem). The idea is to effectively port the Rivet fit into this shape. It's going to have parity in waist, rise, thigh, and leg opening measurements. So if you wear a 32 Rivet comfortably, you can expect a 32 jean to fit you well. I'm hoping that this is enough to juice some early sales, and we can expand from there. The jeans market is a crowded one, but I think that we can offer the best fit out there ("best" is subjective, but dudes do live the Rivet fit), and a really strong value for price. It's easy for us to run awesome preorders with multiple denim options too. And we'll offer a chainstitch hem service for an upcharge.

I'll keep you guys posted as this develops! We'll start sampling the first Wilhelm chino next week.

L.I.T.

Reaction score
KAMIGATA PROJECT: FLECKED DENIM, CROSSHATCH, & TWEED
KamigataLeaderNL_800x.jpg

KamigataSpeckle6_800x.jpg

New pre-order up for Kamigata's in case you missed the newsletter. We have six fabrics available in sizes 36 to 48. The finished products will ship before Christmas 2022.

order link below
KAMIGATA PROJECT: FLECKED DENIM, CROSSHATCH, & TWEED PRE-ORDER

SaffronDenim_2048x.jpg
CharcoalCrosshatch_f3e6cbbb-2bcd-40d7-9966-f9012d9e173c_800x.jpg

Ultrafleck_800x.jpg
Tobacco10ozDenim_800x.jpg
UltrafleckDenim_800x.jpg
SaltPep_800x.jpg
WoolrichHerringbonepocket_173dd134-5b6c-4ef8-98bc-7a6c77c5c060_800x.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads