Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

pretty sure sale items are always final

2. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

^ Yes, Mike confirmed this with me via PM. Thanks!

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, here's some closer up shots of the Donegal Tweeds. The actual colors are better represented in the first pic of all four swatches, but this will give you an idea of the textures. The tweeds aren't monochrome - each of them have slightly off-color yarns running through the weave which give a great marled effect when you look at it closely.

[​IMG]
    Cocoa Donegal

[​IMG]
    Wheat Donegal

[​IMG]
    Charcoal Donegal

[​IMG]
    Navy Donegal

4. PDinh

PDinh Senior member

Got my cocoa preorder in :slayer:

5. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

The orange paisley pocket square is so nice in person, picked that up today on a whim while I was getting a pair of Cramertons.

6. applky

applky Senior member

These look amazing. I have a donegal Walt from last fall (one of the deadstock ones; looks similar to the cocoa above), and, aside from this season's Olive Guncheck, it's probably my favorite trouser. It's warm but breathable -- I wear roughly from Sept to April or May, weather depending. If these are at all similar, then you will not want to sleep on them. The subtle color variations in the fabrics are beautiful, and they're astonishingly soft -- not just for tweed, but for any fabric.

I could see wearing the wheat color year round if I didn't live in a place that was humid during the summer.

7. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

The wheat looks amazing...so glad I got my pre-order in!

8. Rincon

Rincon Senior member

Your clothing looks beautiful... question: are the fits in general slim?

By slim, I mean more "Sweedish" slim, not "American" slim (6'3", 180 here!).

In particular I am curious about the Slim Walts - I need a few wool pants.

9. Atleee

Atleee Senior member

Every time I see this thread I get so pissed at the danish toll system. I would empty the store if it had not been for the fact that a pair of $225 ends up costing me approx 380 dollars.

10. MaxK

MaxK Senior member

Hey Mike,

I saw earlier in the thread that the Cramertons are machine washable. Should I expect any inseam shrinkage if I wash cold and hang dry? I'm trying to decide if I should give them a cold soak before having them hemmed. I think these will look great with a cuff!

11. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

I'm 6'4 and 175lbs, and own a ridiculous quantity of Walt trousers. So you should be fine there.

12. Beatlegeuse

+1

I'm 6'4" and 190 lbs and I can't even fit into a pair of Walts, so they're definitely slim. Even the Rudy is slimmer that most trousers from American companies.

13. samsterdam

samsterdam Senior member

Beatlegeuse, what size did you try in the Walts? I'm the exact same height and weight as you (occasionally up to 195 after a rough weekend) and find the 33 Walts to fit beautifully with a shirt tucked in. Untucked they're maybe a little loose in the waist, but fine with a belt. I suppose same height/weight doesn't mean same thigh/waist measurements, though. Are you one of the rare SFers that actually has big thighs (and doesn't just think they do)?

14. Beatlegeuse

haha, yeah I guess I do actually have big thighs...I wear a 33 Rudy, and I tried a 33 Walt once and I could barely squeeze my legs in. The waist fit fine, just like it does in the Rudy, but it was definitely a little too snug in the thigh area. I thought about trying to size up to 34 in the Walt and maybe taking the waist in, but the Rudy fits me so perfectly that I never bothered to try.

15. unclesam099

unclesam099 Senior member

FWIW, I'm 6'3" and 195ish.

My legs are about 23" right now, they grow when I'm rowing more in spring/summer to be more like 24".

I take a 36" in the Walt and I find that those allow for my thighs. You guys must have small waists compared to me, so I can see how you might want a Rudy. You likely could size up 1 on the Walt and take the waist in, depending on the waist fit, thigh fit, and how much the measurements jump from size to size. I could wear a 34" waist, but the thigh is too tight in those for me. I can wear a 36" and the waist is a little loose but the thigh is perfect. So I go with the 36" and take in the waist as necessary (maybe 1/2" ).