Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

since I just got the navy lambswool, I think I'll go for the wheat in the new donegal fabric

2. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

3. astris

astris Senior member

Want... All... Donegal. If only a matching waistcoat could be made! Any close up of the fabric?

Mike, I only own Rivets, so I'm sending you a PM about sizing.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  4. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Hey Mike how does the weight of the Donegal Tweed compare with the flannels or the merino wool?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  5. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

ding ding dimg, awesome question...what the oz on these Mike? Will send you pm later today, taking the kiddies to Greenwood Cemetery, won't be home till later, will try not to lave any there.

6. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, thanks for all the PM's! We're going to send a newsletter in about two hours, and I'll get back to everyone after that goes out.

Hmm, I don't have an actual weight on the fabric in ounces - it's not something that most suiting & trouser wool mills really put onto their spec sheets. But this is significantly heavier than the merino wool, and a bit heavier than the flannels. Nothing crazy, but definitely a late Fall through very early Spring trouser.

I'll post a nice natural light shot later that really shows the detail on the weave - it's gorgeous!

@Rhodia - if you live somewhere warm, then I'd definitely opt for either the Brown Houndstooth or Olive Guncheck, you'll get much more wear out of those. You'll absolutely love how those feel. The Guncheck is especially mind-blowing.

Hmmm, tough call. From what I've seen of your wardrobe, I feel like you'd get more use out of the wheat. But a Navy Donegal like this is pretty hard to come by. Can't go wrong with either one.

Thank you sir, and thanks for posting the pic - the shirt's a great fit on you!

7. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Thanks, this is helpful....I'm in Texas, so will probably pass on the Donegals and put the $ towards a sportcoat.

8. AHShadow

AHShadow Senior member

Hey Mike,

First I just wanted to congratulate you on your win on the racked competition! I feel proud to say that I contributed to your win hahaha. :slayer:

I was wondering if you had any recommendations for a first suit? I'm in my second year in University and started looking for internships and I would really like to have a nice black/charcoal suit I can count on. It would also be used for any important events I need to attend to (i.e. weddings). I actually have a big oral presentation on November 15th and need to have a suit by then, can you work your magic to make it happen?? :embar:

Also, do you know when you're going to get the fair-isle sweaters?? It's starting to get cold here in Montreal!!

Thanks!

9. iluvatar

iluvatar Well-Known Member

I finally pulled the trigger and picked up a pair of the grey flannel cargos; I can't wait for these guys to arrive. With all the great pants coming in (especially the tweeds!), I had the hardest time making up my mind. I think my crazy indecision has been evidence of what a great job you guys have been doing this season!

10. Epaulet

Italian Donegal Tweed Preorder

Hey guys, thanks for all the PM's! Invoices will go out this weekend, and all the trousers will be cut on Tuesday. I'm pretty confident that we'll have the actual delivery before 11/15.

Just to stress to any Rudy fit guys out there: these fabrics will not be cut into any Rudy sizes unless they're special ordered. I get a few PM's every day asking for more options in the Rudy fit, so I'm hammering away at this point. Outside of our basic grey flannel, there are no additional Rudy styles planned for 2011. The Donegal special order is the last-chance saloon. I can take preorders up until tomorrow evening. Details and swatches are here. Thanks!

11. dmass1

dmass1 Senior member

Mike,

I know you don't carry the Ben Sherman Millerain coat with the fireman's clasps from last year anymore, but can you (or anyone else who has tried it on) tell me how warm of a jacket it is?

12. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Epaulet inspired fit here:

Pants are the rivet chino's in the heavy weight...perfect for today's misery from the sky. Jacket and shirt new bespoke from Ercoles:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    So much for "Fall"
    [​IMG].

Here's with out Jacket and tie (with Western Print belt):
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  13. Epaulet

I think that's a good call, these are going to be pretty thick. We'll have a few lighter, more TX-appropriate trousers with the next delivery too.

Thank you!

To your suit question, I've got two answers for that:

1. Navy or Grey Suit
    Navy and Grey are typically the most popular and versatile colors for suits, and they'll work for whatever job you're applying for. A charcoal is OK too, but I'd stay away from a dark charcoal or a black suit, unless you're going to work in the fashion industry. I wore a black suit to my first internship interview, but I only got away with it because I interned at Calvin Klein. They practically force you to wear black there.

At the moment, I've got suit separates available in both Grey and Midnight Blue. Either of these would work nicely for you - but I'd probably lean towards the grey for a first suit.

2. Perfectly Tailored Navy Sportcoat
    Depending on what your industry is, it's totally possible to wear a sportcoat to an interview and look entirely presentable. It's hard to beat the navy sportcoat, medium to dark grey trousers (not charcoal), white shirt, and conservative tie. Provided that this stuff fits you spot on, it will look ace. If it fits you lousy or the stuff is cheap, you may look like a security guard. Depends on what you're studying though. If it's law, finance, or medicine, you'll probably want to go with a suit. For academics, media, design, I think that a sportcoat and trousers are fine. It can actually set you apart from the competition, as it takes more work to put together a beautifully coordinated separate look than it does to throw on a suit.

If you want to consider this, then our Caine jacket is excellent for it, and we offer grey trousers in both the Walt and Rudy fit. The other benefit here is that you can easily wear the sportcoat in your daily life. Unless you wear one daily to work, suits can be hard to work into your wardrobe. I own two and barely ever wear them. But you can wear a sportcoat every day, and something like the Caine can be easily matched to denim or chinos for more casual fits.

Fairisle sweaters should be here soon - I'm thinking another week or two. You guys will be the first to know!

Thank you sir - hope that you like them!

It's a solid Fall coat. For real winter days, you'll need a very thick sweater or a down liner beneath it.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2011
  14. Epaulet

Ashland by Epaulet

Hey guys,

We just received our first delivery of Ashland pocket squares and a seriously ill new necktie. Perfect to punch out that sportcoat fit! Here they come:

[​IMG]
    Ashland Pocket Square Blue and Orange Paisley: $55

[​IMG]
    Ashland Pocket Square Red and Navy Paisley: $55

[​IMG]
    Ashland Pocket Square Gold and Light Blue Florets: $55

[​IMG]
    Ashland Pocket Square Pink & Navy Florets: $55

[​IMG]
    Ashland Pocket Square Blue Colorblock: $55

[​IMG]
    Ashland Pocket Square Ikat: $55

...and a matching tie to that Ikat square...

[​IMG]
    Ashland Ikat Tie: $55

15. oboy_oboy

oboy_oboy Senior member

Hey Mike, are all sale items final sale? I'd like to pull the trigger on the Aroostook mocs, but I'm definitely a borderline size so was thinking of getting two and keeping the winner. Let me know.

Also, hotness all around on the Ashland fabrics.