• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

ghdvfddzgzdzg

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If one were interested in shortening one of the patch pocket sportcoats, are these coats constructed in a way to allow removing the patch pockets to move them up as part of the shortening process? I know that a good tailor can move the patch pockets up when shortening the coat.

racknac

Reaction score
damn, shouldn't have slept on the Navy Pindot... out of mediums.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
I know it's a little bit early, but when will your Xmas vacation start? I'm planning to check out the store when visiting NY before Xmas, probably around 22nd.

elwood49

Reaction score
Just wanted to pop in and say that I wore my navy lambswool Walts with my Leffot Ravello Day Trippers tonight and never have gotten so many compliments in my life. I had 2 hot girls ask me where I got the pants from, so I'm getting the word out Mike.

Definitely jump on those navy flannel Walts if you haven't done so yet.

Last edited:

nycxandy

Reaction score

Just wanted to pop in and say that I wore my navy lambswool Walts with my Leffot Ravello Day Trippers tonight and never have gotten so many compliments in my life. I had 2 hot girls ask me where I got the pants from, so I'm getting the word out Mike.

Such a shame that most sizes in the Walt are gone, but all sizes are still available in the Rudy. :mad:

Last edited:

theclipper

Reaction score

Wish the 28's were still in stock :confused:

DahveedNG

Reaction score
Was there a massive run on the thing, or did the Navy herringbone Harris Tweed Daltrey (i.e. the one I've been mulling for a couple weeks now) just get lost from the website when the new coats went up?

And just to second many others - the navy marl Lambswool trousers are awesome. If you're at all considering them, grab 'em while you have the chance.

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

No, sorry dude - but we made 12 other sportcoats this season :)
The other waistcoats are just separates. Only the brown houndstooth will actually hook up into a 3-piece.

I was actually wondering the same thing too...that would have been a sick 3-piece, but after the brown houndstooth I probably wouldn't be able to afford it right now anyway, haha.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

New Southwick delivery is out of control. Sub-$800 for a cashmere sportcoat is ridiculous, and the overcoat is beautiful.
NIce stuff Mike, as usual. That first olive jacket rocks.
Thanks guys, really glad that you like it! Man, I'm so thrilled with the new Southwick delivery, it's great to carry such good merchandise. I'm rocking the Navy Cash-blend Daltrey hard as hell these days.
Haha no worries, and yes, the new sportcoats look absolutely incredible! I'm really tempted but have to hold off for now -- but things are really shaping up in terms of having a full line, which is really great to see. I just hope the Desmond isn't totally dead in the water now.
haha, no worries. Unfortunately, due to capacity, I wasn't able to run the Desmond again this year, so I'm afraid that the only sportcoats we'll offer will all be the Southwick pieces.
If one were interested in shortening one of the patch pocket sportcoats, are these coats constructed in a way to allow removing the patch pockets to move them up as part of the shortening process? I know that a good tailor can move the patch pockets up when shortening the coat.
Hmm, I'm not sure. The stitching isn't exceptionally heavy, so I imagine that you could do that - especially on the Donegal or Harris Tweeds. You'd probably want to check with your tailor first though.
I know it's a little bit early, but when will your Xmas vacation start? I'm planning to check out the store when visiting NY before Xmas, probably around 22nd.
Oh we'll definitely be open on the 22nd and 23rd. And we'll have just the Brooklyn store open on the 24th until 5PM. Last year on Christmas Eve we sold 125 pairs of socks and over 100 scarves. We're all about last-minute holiday sales!
Just wanted to pop in and say that I wore my navy lambswool Walts with my Leffot Ravello Day Trippers tonight and never have gotten so many compliments in my life. I had 2 hot girls ask me where I got the pants from, so I'm getting the word out Mike. Definitely jump on those navy flannel Walts if you haven't done so yet.
Nice! Navy Lambswool and Ravello is like Ham & Eggs. Tough to imagine a better combo than that. When hot girls ask you about your pants, we must be doing something right! Thanks!
Such a shame that most sizes in the Walt are gone, but all sizes are still available in the Rudy. :mad:
Haha story of my life over here! We will have a Navy Flannel restock pretty soon.
Was there a massive run on the thing, or did the Navy herringbone Harris Tweed Daltrey (i.e. the one I've been mulling for a couple weeks now) just get lost from the website when the new coats went up? And just to second many others - the navy marl Lambswool trousers are awesome. If you're at all considering them, grab 'em while you have the chance.
Oh snap, sorry about that! Looks like we saved over the Navy Harris instead of copying it when we built out Olive Marl. It's back up now: Daltrey Sportcoat Harris Tweed Navy Herringbone: $795
I was actually wondering the same thing too...that would have been a sick 3-piece, but after the brown houndstooth I probably wouldn't be able to afford it right now anyway, haha.
Hey thanks for coming in today - it was great seeing you!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We won the Racked Competition!!!

Okay, some huge thanks are in order! I'm thrilled to say that we are the official winners of the Racked "Best Menswear Store in New York" competition. Check out the chart below - we narrowly edged out Odin by about 8 votes and J.Crew by about 15.

Needless to say, we never could have done it without you. Thanks again everyone! We're going to shout out SF at the awards ceremony on Tuesday and they'll be pics a plenty!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

We won the Racked Competition!!!
Okay, some huge thanks are in order! I'm thrilled to say that we are the official winners of the Racked "Best Menswear Store in New York" competition. Check out the chart below - we narrowly edged out Odin by about 8 votes and J.Crew by about 15.
Needless to say, we never could have done it without you. Thanks again everyone! We're going to shout out SF at the awards ceremony on Tuesday and they'll be pics a plenty!

Congrats Mike. You guys deserve it...way to rep the boro baby! I think a meeting with Marty Markowitz is in order!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads