Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

If only the Lytro camera were available now. I'd own the contest based on sheer cool factor.

2. theclipper

theclipper Senior member

3. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

I think a trouser fit similar to the rivet chino would be really sweet. I find the Walt rise to be a bit high (12.5" vs 9.75") and the leg opening is greater (7.5" vs 7.0") than the rivet chinos. For me, the rivet fit is pretty much perfect, but it's mostly cottons and more casual materials.

I got my #8 Brixtons yesterday and they're sooo sweet. The ravellos are gonna be killer. :D

4. yulun405

yulun405 Well-Known Member

Just received my first Walt trousers in British Khaki Herringbone and Grape Herringbone. Love it so much! I just hope the weather in Hong Kong is cold enough to wear them now!

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Well, the Walts are actually a bit slimmer than the Rivet Chino, so you'd either want to go up to a 31 or 32 in the Rivet Chino (if it's too tight in the waist) or go for a 30 in the Rudy (if it's too tight in the thighs)

Oh you should be totally fine. When we talk about drops, we're always talking about clothing sizing, not actual physical waist measurements. If you take a 38 jacket and a 32 or 33" trouser, you should be right in our pattern fit. You'll need either a Medium or a Large in the shirts, probably a Medium.

Thanks for picking them up!

6. Epaulet

Southwick for Michael Kuhle Delivery Two

Hey guys, our 2nd Fall delivery of Southwick for Michael Kuhle has arrived and holy god, are there some winners! Here's the lineup below, along with my comments in italics

Note: the Olive Marl Harris Tweed still has fabric available to cut Short or Long special orders. Everything else is a single production run.

[​IMG]
    Daltrey Sportcoat Harris Tweed Olive Marl: $795
    This is one of the most handsome tweeds I've ever seen. The Olive Marl is really dark and matches brilliantly with trousers in tan, brown, grey, or indigo denim. It's brilliant with the Cramertons.

[​IMG]
    Daltrey Sportcoat Harris Tweed Mashup: $850
    This is so bold and rock and roll. You won't see another one like this anywhere.

[​IMG]
    Wakefield Topcoat Gray Herringbone Harris Tweed: $895
    Our mod-as-hell overcoat. This is so "Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels" that it hurts.

[​IMG]
    Daltrey Sportcoat Wool/Cashmere Blend Navy: $650
    This jacket is seriously beautiful, and a fantastic Fall/Winter navy blazer. I grabbed one for myself the second it came in. The English cloth has a absolutely gorgeous hand, and the deep Navy tone contrasts really well with the elbow patches. It's a deadstock cloth, and we made 9 units.

[​IMG]
    Caine Sportcoat Gray Cashmere: $795
    100% English Cashmere. It's unreal how nice this feels. And we gave it the 3/8 lined Caine construction to allow you to wear this warm, luxurious cloth indoors comfortably. I bought the cloth off-price and passed along the savings here. I'm pretty sure that this is the best value in a true cashmere sportcoat available anywhere this season.

7. skitlets

skitlets Senior member

The olive tweed and wool navy are seriously good.

8. Morgan

Morgan Senior member

The bearded Epaulet model appears to have the same problem that I do - his right arm is longer than his left. As a result, the right sleeve on his jackets often appears shorter than the left sleeve, even though they're the same length. My tailor deals with this by taking up the left sleeve 1/4 to 1/2 inch more than the right, so they appear the same length. Of course, of you really want to dial it in you've then got to have the left shirt sleeve taken up as well, which has to be done from the shoulder. I only bothered with that third variable for my wedding suit, but it came out perfect and was totally worth it.

9. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

The new Southwick collection looks amazing! So I'm guessing no shipments on the brown houndstooth waistcoats yet?

10. Epaulet

Haha, my two favorites too. And our best-sellers so far today.

Yup, this is actually very common. It's another reason to never use working buttonholes on RTW sportcoats, it's totally normal to do a little bit of sleeve adjustments to get things right.

Yup, they just arrived today! You'll be able to check them out in our Manhattan store tomorrow. I'll get them online next week. We got Brown Houndstooth, Tan Moleskin, and a Grey Flannel

11. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

12. Epaulet

No, sorry dude - but we made 12 other sportcoats this season :) The other waistcoats are just separates. Only the brown houndstooth will actually hook up into a 3-piece.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2011

13. applky

applky Senior member

New Southwick delivery is out of control. Sub-$800 for a cashmere sportcoat is ridiculous, and the overcoat is beautiful.

14. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

NIce stuff Mike, as usual. That first olive jacket rocks.

15. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Haha no worries, and yes, the new sportcoats look absolutely incredible! I'm really tempted but have to hold off for now -- but things are really shaping up in terms of having a full line, which is really great to see. I just hope the Desmond isn't totally dead in the water now.