• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We've been working hard over here! Finally got our very first Overcoat shape with RTC, and it's being launched today. They're all set up to do it, and we'll have shipping on it by Thanksgiving.

I'm calling this new shape "Carter." It's similar to the Quincy (as modeled above by @suuteebird), but has a few refinements:

1) More armhole & shoulder space to fit better over a sportcoat
2) Fully lined body with three interior pockets
3) New options for self fabric undercollar or 12 colors of wool felt

Carter and Doyle Detail.jpg

Got this launching later today. We'll have about 16 fabrics to offer.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
We got a little playful with this sample. For the undercollar, there's 9 colors of felt to choose from, or you can opt for self fabric (same as the top collar). We went hard with the Jolly Roger liner too....

(edit... not sure why the felt color image is so washed out in this post, but will be properly vibrant on our site)

Carter Felt Collar.jpg

Interior Side Two.jpg

Felt Options.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

L.I.T.

Reaction score
Custom Overcoats Are Now Available through RTC

You wanted the best, you got the best!

We're absolutely thrilled to offer our exclusive new Overcoat shape with Rochester Tailored Clothing! Crafted by hand at the historic Hickey Freeman mill of Rochester, New York... this elegant jacket will be meticulously tailored to your specifications:

1) The Carter Overcoat is a single-breasted "Mac" design that fits perfectly over our in-house sportcoats and Doyle jackets. You can confidently order your normal size.

2) A selection of 14 beautiful heavyweight woolens from the UK and Italy are available to order

3) The jacket is fully lined with an array of liners available. You can also choose buttons and undercollar treatments.

4) Orders placed in the next week will be received at our California studio by Thanksgiving.

5) You can get 15% off for the next few days with the code below. Coats will be made first-come, first-served, so try to order early for the best delivery.

rtc15

Order link Below
Made to Order Epaulet x RTC Carter Overcoats in Heavyweight Woolens

Click through to see more and create the overcoat of your dreams! As always, we're available to personally assist you with sizing and styling at [email protected].com

Made to Order Epaulet x RTC Carter Overcoats in Heavyweight Woolens

Last edited:

Mister GeeGollyGosh

Reaction score
2) A selection of 14 beautiful heavyweight woolens from the UK and Italy are available to order
You only have 8 listed on the drop-down in the store page.

I love that navy gonzo weave tweed. I already bought my one coat for the season though.

L.I.T.

Reaction score

I love that navy gonzo weave tweed. I already bought my one coat for the season though.
Thanks for the heads up I'll let @Epaulet know. To update it.

Yeah I want one for myself too but don't know if it'll get enough use in LA.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for the heads-up, just fixed it! Shopify has this annoying fabric of looking like it saved new variants... but not saving them.

Ming rocked some great mockups of 10 of the fabrics, we'll format them and post them up tomorrow for everyone to see.

This is really exciting new product for us, and big thanks to the two guys who ordered already! We originally designed the Quincy with Southwick... which is the rad single-breasted OC worn superbly by @suuteebird

Quite a few customers loved the jacket but (1) wanted the option for a full liner and (2) wanted more room in the shoulder and sleeve. We put all of those changes through and I'm really thrilled with the outcome!

Last edited:

gersztoffee

Reaction score
The coats are gorgeous, but I cannot bring myself to order one until I receive my sportcoat that I ordered on 7/4. If Epaulet is able to figure this out they'll do great, b/c their stuff is terrific. Personally, I just don't trust the T'giving timeline.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
The coats are gorgeous, but I cannot bring myself to order one until I receive my sportcoat that I ordered on 7/4. If Epaulet is able to figure this out they'll do great, b/c their stuff is terrific. Personally, I just don't trust the T'giving timeline.
No worries, I totally get you. If this season had gone as planned, I would have launched both this overcoat and our full Fall assortment last month, but I didn't want to amass more backorders without confidence that things were coming through. These overcoats are a tweaked version of our Southwick jacket (the Quincy) and the cutting is automated on them, so they can actually go through faster than a normal sportcoat or trouser.

I posted about this a few days back, but TLDR: the long wait time wasn't because our stuff was slowly in work. It wasn't in work at all. When RTC reopened at the end of the Summer, they were understaffed and also forced to shoulder a lot of Samuelsohn work that their Montreal facility couldn't do. The majority of the factory is now working on our stuff and we should have pretty much everything that we owe everyone within the next 3-4 weeks. There will probably be something here or there that falls thru the cracks, but we'll stay on top of it. And I'll apologize in advance for the obnoxious deluge of RTC product photos and videos that we'll be posting.

Reactions: ljl

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Speaking of photos.... may I present our very first RTC-made Field Jacket!!

This is so fly I almost can't stand it. Fabric is the "Olde English Tattersall" that's available in the Overcoat item. It was styled with leather knot buttons and elbow patches. It's absolutely magnificient.

I want to wait a week for us to get this first big delivery of backordered items, but then we'll update the custom Doyle & Field Jacket item with a bunch of available fabrics. This is just the beginning!

Field Jacket Main.jpg
Field Jacket Tweed Detail.jpg
Field Jacket Tweed Closed.jpg
Field Jacket Tweed Main.jpg

Mister GeeGollyGosh

Reaction score
I want to wait a week for us to get this first big delivery of backordered items, but then we'll update the custom Doyle & Field Jacket item with a bunch of available fabrics.
Will we get an elbow patch option for doyles? If that gonzo weave tweed were to show up as a doyle option, I doubt I would be able to resist.

Featured Sponsor

LARGE METAL WATCHES WITH TAILORING

• Yes, I’m tacky like that.

• No way José! Dress watch with leather strap for me!

• No watch at all.

Results are only viewable after voting.