• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
CUSTOM SHIRT PROMO IS LIVE!

We'll check in with more details tomorrow, but today is the day to score (1) 15% off (2) free horn & MOP button upgrades and (3) buy five shirts, get the lowest price shirt refunded. Great opportunity to stock up for Fall!

Use the code custom15 to save 15%. Button upgrade is built into the items already. And here's the link to our full assortment...

https://www.epauletbrand.com/collections/special-order/Made-to-Order-Shirting

Sneaky Pete

Reaction score
I like those twill shirts. The chainstitch cut/idea is good but I think those fabrics that you formerly had were better for a more formal shirt rather than the very casual chainstitch style. Were it not for shipping and customs I would definitely be up for a twill (including in undyed with something like matching or caramel/brown corozo buttons). (I might buy one anyway).

Had the sample been ironed? It was quite crinkled, eg along the placket.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I like those twill shirts. The chainstitch cut/idea is good but I think those fabrics that you formerly had were better for a more formal shirt rather than the very casual chainstitch style. Were it not for shipping and customs I would definitely be up for a twill (including in undyed with something like matching or caramel/brown corozo buttons). (I might buy one anyway).

Had the sample been ironed? It was quite crinkled, eg along the placket.

Great thanks for the feedback! No the sample wasn't ironed.. this was straight out of a big ball of dyed blankets and garments.

When these are produced, we won't iron and press the final product, but we'll run a steamer though it to make it look sharp and presentable. This kind of garment dyed twill looks good with this casual, laid back finish IMO.

The samples will all have matching buttons, but we can take a vote and certainly do brown buttons placed after the dye if you guys prefer that.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SASHIKO BLANKETS FINISHING TODAY

Hey guys, thanks for bearing with us on the preorder. I've got Shadow Ink, Indigo, and Fluorescent Yellow blankets finishing today. We'll try to get as much shipped as we can, but anything that we don't get to today will go out on Tuesday at the latest. Open stock at $125 will be available on the site tomorrow. Can't wait to see these!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got our sample of the garment dyed Chainstitch shirt in indigo… this color is so ace!!!

B52EF338-0FE4-4925-9448-43F0A0644FDF.jpeg
5BB3D5ED-A2D9-4C10-A0D8-F4853F756C55.jpeg
574D77F7-F918-4D64-83A6-F7F8CE3F7FF9.jpeg

Reactions: jms

jms

Reaction score
Ming's frames casually look great with that shirt. Was that the plan? ?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi @jrgumby I emailed you some options for shipping that will hopefully help you with the move. Sorry for the inconvenience but a majority of the Hertling pants have been shipped except a few outliers which include yours unfortunately. It's been incredibly difficult working with Hertling this year as @scurvyfreedman said with their lack of communication for lead times. We won't be doing any trousers with them going forward until things get sorted out. But we will contact you when we receive your pants and we can coordinate shipping together.

I too am missing my Hertling order from March. I have reached out to the team directly a few times before. I need an update on if the pants are actually in production (meaning they have the fabric and have started to actually cut and produce the pants), and if so, when I can expect delivery. If the pants are not in production, I would prefer a cancellation at this point. If this isn’t resolved in the next couple of days, unfortunately I will have to process a charge back with Amex - anyone from EP please feel free to DM me

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did one of you jackwagons snag that Aero leather jacket from the sample sale? I spent so damn long on the fence about it, only to find the link expired once I FINALLY tried to buy it. Bah. My own fault.
Hope it finds its way to a good home, and, if for whatever reason it doesn't work out, please shoot me a DM and I'll happily take it off your hands (or, your back?)!

L.I.T.

Reaction score
6131755b4c41ae64648ddc23.jpg

Okay guys, this is it! Order by tonight to get 15% off all custom shirts and get delivery in October.

Things are slower than usual at the factory, so after this round, we're looking at delivery closer to Thanksgiving. This is the crucial time to get some new flannels, oxfords, dress shirts, ginghams, stripes. and chambrays to brighten up your Fall season.

1) All custom shirts are 15% off with code custom15.

2) Orders placed now will deliver mid to end October.

3) Buy 5 shirts and we'll refund the lowest price shirt in the batch. So you pay for four, but get five!

4) We've brought back our exclusive Portugese Flannel category... complete with old favorites and some new options.

5) We have a brand new microsite for our custom collection... complete with a linked gallery of made-up shirts

ORDER LINK BELOW
View the Entire Assortment of Custom Shirts

613a7f50cbd80f001f884a1f
\

And if you're unsure of your size, but you want to take advantage of the promo... we got you! Just choose "Create a Fully Custom Profile" when you order. We'll reach out early next week for a personal sizing consultation. It's an easy, quick, and accurate process!

613179e84c41ae64648ddc86

Last edited:

L.I.T.

Reaction score
gettyimages-688899881-1519413300.jpeg

TENTATIVE EPAULET NEW YORK CITY TRUNK SHOW IN OCTOBER 22-24 OR NOVEMBER 12-14

Hey guys would there be any interest for a NYC trunk show in Union Square October 22-24 or November 12-14. We'd have some new developments on hand like an Overcoat, Doyle, Sinclair, Field Jacket from RTC and other new developments to bring for people to try on or see in person. We can also take measurements from suits you bring to keep on file to develop an RTC suit as well. Let us know what you think!

rcduggan

Reaction score
Did one of you jackwagons snag that Aero leather jacket from the sample sale? I spent so damn long on the fence about it, only to find the link expired once I FINALLY tried to buy it. Bah. My own fault.
Hope it finds its way to a good home, and, if for whatever reason it doesn't work out, please shoot me a DM and I'll happily take it off your hands (or, your back?)!
Second in line for this jacket!!! Can't believe I missed it.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
View attachment 1666728

TENTATIVE EPAULET NEW YORK CITY TRUNK SHOW IN OCTOBER 22-24 OR NOVEMBER 12-14

Hey guys would there be any interest for a NYC trunk show in Union Square October 22-24 or November 12-14. We'd have some new developments on hand like an Overcoat, Doyle, Sinclair, Field Jacket from RTC and other new developments to bring for people to try on or see in person. We can also take measurements from suits you bring to keep on file to develop an RTC suit as well. Let us know what you think!
Yes, absolutely.

ericgereghty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Second in line for this jacket!!! Can't believe I missed it.
KILLED me. I'd been dithering on it for literally months, then finally got it in my mind to order in the coming week or so. THEN groggily awoke to an email blast about it being lowered even further. Immediately clicked to buy...only to find the link expired and since sold. A tragedy indeed. I also missed the 15% Aero promo when on vacation. Total comedy of errors on my part...but think I'm going to give one a go. The Oxbloos shade looks just incredible.

In happier news, snagged the two Fairfax Crystal Dye Hoodies and the Shibori Stripe Sashiko. Trippy trio for me.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads