• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
MONDAY CHECK-IN

Hey everyone! Really busy day over here. This is what happened....

1) The new stock Doyles came in and they are CRAZY GOOD. Shot them today on Jay and they launch tomorrow AM. Wait until you see this Reid & Taylor tweed, it's unreal.

2) All of the Doyle preorders in Woolrich Donegal and Woolrich Herringbone shipped out complete.

3) Every sweater preorder with a paid balance was shipped out. If you still need to pay your balance then here's the link

4) Most of the purchased Chainstitch shirts have shipped. I'm still waiting for size Medium to finish up (ran short of buttons again), but I'm anticipating picking those up on Wednesday and shipping them all.

5) On track to get our Antelope boot sample from G&G this week!

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do you know the woolrich chino timeline? Order placed at the start of September.

aj805

Reaction score
@Epaulet Could I get an update on when the Nisshinbo Mills Golden Sand Twill Doyle from the early August order will be ready? When ordered it was due in September, and I have not received an update since.

Thanks

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Do you know the woolrich chino timeline? Order placed at the start of September.

We finished and shipped all of the Donegal pairs about two weeks ago. Did you get a Mushroom Herringbone pair? We only took two orders for those fabric, so they're running through as special orders and should ship this month.

@Epaulet Could I get an update on when the Nisshinbo Mills Golden Sand Twill Doyle from the early August order will be ready? When ordered it was due in September, and I have not received an update since.

Thanks

My apologies, our special order line is running slower than I'd like... why I'm not soliciting any more orders until we get the current ones through. I anticipate taking delivery of a bunch of Doyles and Sinclairs around the end of this week, so your jacket should be in there.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
NEW DOYLES DROPPING TODAY

Our long-awaited FW20 open stock Doyles are going live in a few hours and they are amazing! I'll save those photos for after everything goes online, but in the meantime, here are some pics of the Woolrich Mushroom Herringbone tweed fully made up. These were all cut to order with no open stock, but I should have some additional fabric for when our special orders reopen..

Doyle Mushroom3.jpg
Doyle Mushroom2.jpg
Doyle Mushroom.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
ETA on the vests @Epaulet

Still in work my man, should be around end of month, early December realistically. I'll keep everyone posted with things coming through. For this week, it's going to be a bunch of long-awaited Doyle/Sinclair special orders and the Chainstitch shirts shipping out complete.

ryebreadiest

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We finished and shipped all of the Donegal pairs about two weeks ago. Did you get a Mushroom Herringbone pair? We only took two orders for those fabric, so they're running through as special orders and should ship this month.
Yep one of those is mine! Sounds good, looking forward to it

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
So nothing in 36 for the new Doyles?

Ah sorry no, but I do have enough of the Linear Tweed and Mushroom Herringbone to make about 7 or 8 custom jackets in each. I'll put them up for special orders once the current batch finishes up, which should be early next week.

Sorry about that... historically, it's just really hard for us to sell 36's and 46's, so I don't tend to do those sizes on stock runs.

utopiaburger

Reaction score
New Doyles look great. Are the wool Melton and linear tweed dry clean only? And are they itchy? I’m not wearing collared shirts as often these days...

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New Doyles look great. Are the wool Melton and linear tweed dry clean only? And are they itchy? I’m not wearing collared shirts as often these days...

Thank you!

I wouldn't say that either of them are particularly itchy. The Melton has a really smooth hand and it feels pretty comfortable against the skin. The nylon content there will prevent pilling and gives it some additional wind resistance. The cloth itself is from Canada, and it's pretty perfect for cold weather. It will layer nicely under a thicker parka.

The Reid & Taylor Linear Tweed is absolutely one of the greatest stock fabrics that we've ever run. It's a pure wool and a Scottish tweed, so even though I woudn't call it rough, it has that tough tweed feeling, and it will be most comfortable with a long sleeve shirt under it. Even a long sleeve tee would work. It's seriously thick, and will be very warm as a layering piece. The texture is absolutely bananas on it.

And yes, both are dry clean only. They're pretty rugged fabrics though, so honestly.. unless you spill something on them, you probably only need to get them cleaned once or twice a season.

kongmw

Reaction score
Following up on the steel blue tweed, the last close-up shot seems to give off a slight green/teal cast on the fabric? Or am I imagining things? Really digging the tweed though!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Following up on the steel blue tweed, the last close-up shot seems to give off a slight green/teal cast on the fabric? Or am I imagining things? Really digging the tweed though!

Thank you!

Yeah sorry that cuff detail shot got a little wonky with its white balance. I'd say that the color here is really accurate..

Doyle Reid Detail.jpg

It's so rad how the ecru yarns streak vertically down... kind of like a hidden stripe in the weave. And since this color is a mixture of blue and grey tones, it works equally well with both navy and grey trousers. It's a little hyperbolic to say that it "matches everything," but that's really the case with this. It goes with navy, grey, tan, black, olive, stone, cloud, burgundy... really any color pant that you could think of. This made up even better than I thought!

kongmw

Reaction score
Thank you!

Yeah sorry that cuff detail shot got a little wonky with its white balance. I'd say that the color here is really accurate..

View attachment 1494537

It's so rad how the ecru yarns streak vertically down... kind of like a hidden stripe in the weave. And since this color is a mixture of blue and grey tones, it works equally well with both navy and grey trousers. It's a little hyperbolic to say that it "matches everything," but that's really the case with this. It goes with navy, grey, tan, black, olive, stone, cloud, burgundy... really any color pant that you could think of. This made up even better than I thought!
Thanks for the reply Eva! brb gon place that order real quick.
EDIT: done!

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads