• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I believe I am among those with a stranded Southwick order :eek: please PM me! Thanks
speaking of being a pest, i’ve had orders unfulfilled that date back to the beginning of April. Not receiving any responses via email or facebook. any light to be shed on the outstanding southwick/hertling orders? looking for something more concrete than “end of this week” or “being told by the end of the month.” email is [email protected] for reference.
I've had the same issues with my orders dating back to April 29th 2020. We're coming up 5 months of delays and there's only so many times I can take "next week" or "next month" with long periods of unresponsiveness in between. Especially if new orders are being processed all throughout. If things don't become clear soon I'll be taking things up with paypal since I can't have thousands of dollars tied up for months without results..

Hey guys, @asandman @wesleeatl @thegenius

Thanks for following up and I totally understand. You've all been INCREDIBLY patient with this, and I'm really grateful. When you work in this kind of retail, following up on production snags and issues is one of the main parts of the job. But I've never contended with (1) having a factory dismiss me as a vendor then (2) have that factory go bankrupt due to a pandemic and (3) restart production with a new facility during that same pandemic which (4) only recently switched back to tailored clothing from exclusive gown & mask production.

And I'm not saying this to give excuses or look for any sympathy.. I just want to explain a bit why this has been such an ongoing process. But I do want to get everything wrapped up, and you have my word that no one is going to be left holding a bag. If you ordered a pant/suit/jacket/whatever.. then you're absolutely going to get it.

CHECK OUT THIS LINK to see the Rochester Fabrics which have been shot so far.

I still have to put up some additional plain suiting, some cotton twills, and some really boss corduroys, but the fabrics you see now are most of the Fall/Winter goods. And if you have a standing Southwick order, we'll do the upgrade to these higher end Alpaca and Cashmere blends at no extra charge.

We're almost there, I promise!

I know it's not coming anytime soon but I'm pretty excited for the Woolrich Tweed stuff to come. Would be great if it came in November.

As it stands, I'm planning Rivet Chinos in about two weeks and Doyles in three. The balance will be by the end of October.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
if we had a southwick order, is our only option to order something from the new vendor, or is a refund possible?

alkydrinker

Reaction score
@Epaulet, could I get an order status on a Sinclair? I can't seem to get a response via email.

The order# is 50331. The order was placed on July 31, with a campaign that I believe was supposed to be delivered in early September.

rbarthel

Reaction score
If you ever feel like an order won’t be fulfilled, remember that at least you didn’t order a corduroy parka last December like me. ;)

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
OG sashiko Doyle still going strong. I wear this all the time after work or just around the house. It’s lost a button, and needs a wash soon to see how the fading has come along.

7DEE5AD1-2E07-4A76-B1EB-820990B27AE5.jpeg

thegenius

Reaction score

Thanks for following up and I totally understand. You've all been INCREDIBLY patient with this, and I'm really grateful. When you work in this kind of retail, following up on production snags and issues is one of the main parts of the job. But I've never contended with (1) having a factory dismiss me as a vendor then (2) have that factory go bankrupt due to a pandemic and (3) restart production with a new facility during that same pandemic which (4) only recently switched back to tailored clothing from exclusive gown & mask production.

And I'm not saying this to give excuses or look for any sympathy.. I just want to explain a bit why this has been such an ongoing process. But I do want to get everything wrapped up, and you have my word that no one is going to be left holding a bag. If you ordered a pant/suit/jacket/whatever.. then you're absolutely going to get it.

I still have to put up some additional plain suiting, some cotton twills, and some really boss corduroys, but the fabrics you see now are most of the Fall/Winter goods. And if you have a standing Southwick order, we'll do the upgrade to these higher end Alpaca and Cashmere blends at no extra charge.

As it stands, I'm planning Rivet Chinos in about two weeks and Doyles in three. The balance will be by the end of October.

Thanks for clarifying what the cause of the delays are.

Reaction score

Any of the rochester fabrics to be made available for Doyles/sinclairs in the future?

utopiaburger

Reaction score
@Epaulet
Are there going to be custom chinos (Wilhelm) available in the next couple of months? I'm looking for the standard twill/canvas rather than the recent sashikos.

On a related note, are you still going to stock Wilhelms in 32? That's my usual size but I don't recall seeing any in the most recent jungle poplins and cramerton twills.

cosmicstring

Reaction score
Oh yes... your orchid silk jacket was incredible!!!

Let me check on those missing shirts for you. Chances are that the fabric was actually out of stock. Typically there's an online portal that shows whether or not cloth is on hand, but that all went sideways with Covid. The staffer who updates the portal was out on medical leave for most of the Summer, and a lot of fabrics were cut into masks but still showing as available.

If we missed any shirts for you, then we can sub stuff from the Fall collection and get it made for you pronto. Individualized is back up and running at full force.

Hi Eva,

Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear Individualized is back running well, and understanding the stock situation helps. Did you learn anything about actual fabric stock availability and/or reorder the two missing micrograph shirts from order #49782? Feel free to let me know my specifics in PM if you'd like, but I again ask on the forum because other people are waiting on similar orders (and maybe their fabrics became masks and are possibly gone, too).

Thanks!

Mister GeeGollyGosh

Reaction score
Hi Epaulet,

I hear this is the best place to get your attention. I made an order of in-stock items about a month ago and have not heard anything back yet. I understand the delays with the in-production stuff, but I was just wondering if everything is alright with you guys? How are things going?

scoobmx

Reaction score
Not to pile it on here, but I too have been having trouble getting a hold of Eva. I’ve tried IG and SF chat

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads