• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Duke Silver

Reaction score
Yup, it definitely is. It's actually the same shape as the waxed mac that we ran a few years ago...

I'm sure that I could make this in the Woolrich Tweed, but I don't have a full handle on pricing. Probably somewhere in the range of $100 more than a Sinclair.
What do you think - would that fabric work with that shape? Seems to me like it would make for a good winter coat here. Don't think I need an actual lined overcoat in LA, but I wouldn't mind having something at that length in a tweed. Is there anything with the thickness or drape that would give you pause with making it up in a Mac?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What do you think - would that fabric work with that shape? Seems to me like it would make for a good winter coat here. Don't think I need an actual lined overcoat in LA, but I wouldn't mind having something at that length in a tweed. Is there anything with the thickness or drape that would give you pause with making it up in a Mac?
No it would make up great as a Mac IMO. Would be an ideal Fall coat for colder spots and Winter coat for LA. I think that we can do it inexpensively too. I'm gonna try a sample out and see how it goes. We'll definitely do the Sashiko mac project first, but could be dope to offer some heavier tweeds and wools too.

up1911fan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit of the Rivets to the J. Crew 770? It's the fit I'm most familiar with. Thanks.

Duke Silver

Reaction score
No it would make up great as a Mac IMO. Would be an ideal Fall coat for colder spots and Winter coat for LA. I think that we can do it inexpensively too. I'm gonna try a sample out and see how it goes. We'll definitely do the Sashiko mac project first, but could be dope to offer some heavier tweeds and wools too.
So if I was interested in that, I should wait a bit rather than making a special request on this round? And I think it'd be a great idea to make the sample in a 42.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can anyone compare the fit of the Rivets to the J. Crew 770? It's the fit I'm most familiar with. Thanks.
Very similar. 770 was my go-to and the rivets are an upgrade in every way. Rivets may be a touch more slim, but only by a fraction. I wore a 31 in 770 and take a 32 in rivets

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Time to bring back the Kamigata?
I second the idea of a kamigata. This looks rad as hell.
Camp collar, short sleeve button down. Zomg!
So glad that you guys dig it! Bad news is that my factory can't work with 100% rayon, they just don't have the machines.

Good news is that the new Gitman Bros facility can! I'm going to holler at Chris at Gitman and see if we can do something with this :)

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’d second the camp collar short sleeve short idea.

Those loud, printed rayon fabrics are screaming to be on a camp collar shirt. It may be too late in the season to get much use out of them this year, but that’s something that I’d happily put away in the closet for a few months.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's