• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

suuteebird

Reaction score
Damn, this is such a good example of subtle but very interesting. What is the material on the trousers and who makes the shoes??
Boots are Alden snuff suede NST on truebalance. Trousers are from 2016 lightweight ivy moss speckled wool donegal tweed.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the other one! Cream trousers and tassel loafers!
Boots are Alden snuff suede NST on truebalance. Trousers are from 2016 lightweight ivy moss speckled wool donegal tweed.

suuteebird

Reaction score
Sorry, the other one! Cream trousers and tassel loafers!
My bad. White “Don Corleone” linen/wool/silk trousers from 2017 and Allen Edmonds sand suede Graysons from a trunk show earlier this year.

Reactions: FLW

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hello. I ordered a custom Doyle in May with an indicated delivery time of 4-5 weeks, if I recall correctly. I have not yet received the jacket. I emailed a few weeks ago but did not receive a response. Can you please advise on the status of my order? Thank you.
It's posts like this that make me worry a bit about the doyle I ordered in June... I'm always a little worried about preorders when it seems there are hiccups here and there for items.
You can also try reaching out through facebook and instagram, along with sending another email. These things can get lost in the shuffle but the Epaulet crew will answer everyone's queries (even if it takes some time/attempts).

CS email responses have been an issue. I don't think I'm being overly critical here, as I believe Eva has pretty much admitted so in the past. Likewise, there are some hiccups with custom orders sometimes- especially for a small-ish brand working with small-ish producers in the midst of an ever-shifting pandemic.

I can tell you, though, that Eva has never failed to make me whole on an order. I have had some pretty silly stuff happen on orders (usually production errors or miscommunications, nothing on her end) and have always come out with the product I wanted or a more-than-reasonable alternative. Mistakes happen but you won't be left holding the bag.
Thanks for all of your orders and patience guys! Our last batch of custom Doyle, Sinclair, etc should be through really soon. I'm working to hit those production times, but it's a bit rocky and all of our factories are facing staffing issues.

However, no one will be left holding the bag, and you guys can rest assured that I'll get the product into your hands.

And yeah, @FLW is entirely right... I've always been awful at emails, so contacting me through here, IG, or FB is always preferred. It's just a lot faster. I really like Instagram for customer service as you can get messages back and forth quickly.

Does anyone have any pictures of the ecru linen shirt made up?
Hmm.. I don't think that i've had one come through. But you can figure that it will be more or less like this...

Got my first ever Epaulet x IS shirt in over the weekend. Really great work on the camp collar and of course the texture of seersucker is always amazing. Thanks to Eva @Epaulet for being super helpful with the virtual fitting too!

View attachment 1438678
That came out so great... thanks for your order! Stay cool over there in NYC!

View attachment 1439089
linen popover - donegal rivets
Really sharp, I'm loving how that madras shirt came out!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
To: Epaulet

Firstly, many congrats on the ongoing business success(es) -- and personal happiness. "Bully for you," as they say.

I'm a bit of a fogey, and, for decades, remained committed to a couple of Southwick models--the Warwick and, latterly, the Douglas. Basically the classic undarted sack -- think old, classic Brooks/J. Press. Of course I was saddened (stunned) to hear about Southwick's demise, which, upon reflection, sounds more slow-and-steady than sudden. As a longtime customer of Southwick/Grieco Bros., this is reason for grief.

I just learned (recently) that you (Epaulet) have been carrying Southwick for years. Good for you (and them)--that this relationship thrived, even amidst the up's and down's. Now, onto my question: it sounds like Hickey Freeman has 'borrowed' (?) the Southwick models and can/will make them. Can they make the Douglas model? I would hope for the following specs: center (preferably hook) vent, (very) natural shoulder, undarted/dartless, 1/4" stitching, lapped seams, relatively narrow lapels, etc.

Many thanks.
Knox
Hey Knox, thank you so much for the question! I need to make a larger announcement of this, but for the moment, here's the recap:

1) We'll formally announce our partnership with Rochester Tailored Clothing this month

2) RTC is the historic Hickey Freeman factory... aka "The Temple of Fine Tailoring"

3) Hickey Freeman's brand name is owned by a Canadian holding company, so we can't use that in our communication. But all of our garments are made by the Hickey Freeman USA craftspeople, at the OG Hickey Freeman factory. So if you own a Hickey MiUSA garment from 2019 or before, the quality and finish will be the same. And it's really excellent.

4) It's a huge YES to all of the questions that Knox asked. I have the complete specs for all Southwick models, including shapes like the Douglas and Cambridge that we never offered. We should be able to effectively make anything in those existing fits. I don't have any try-on samples or easy non-technical measurements though, so it's best for us to make a known shape and size (like this example where Knox knows exactly what he wants), versus trying to fit someone new for a Douglas.

5) I have at least 80 incredible four-season and FW fabrics in my hands now. In the next week, I'm going to shoot and video these. We'll reach out to any Southwick customers who never received their orders, and work out substitutions. Production time is pretty quick, so if I owe you a suit or Sportcoat, you can expect to hear from me soon with a fabric list, and for your finished garments to be in your hands in September.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I was hoping to launch our updated Woolrich project, but i'm gonna need a little bit more time to put it together. I think we can go live tomorrow and launch via email on Thursday.

Four big things to know:

1) There's a new option for 16oz Herringbone Tweed. I bought this from Woolrich at the same time as the Donegal, and it's AWESOME. It's significantly thicker than the Donegal and great for really cold weather.

2) We're going to offer a vest as well. Design is pasted below. So you can great a 3-piece suit or simply order the vest as a standalone piece

3) Wilhelm pants will be available for this round!

4) I'm going to start with this preorder item and see how many stock pieces we sell. There's quite a bit of Donegal fabric, but only enough to do about 80 garments in Herringbone. After the stock preorder closes, I'll assess how much cloth we have left and do custom Doyle & Sinclairs, and also offer full half canvassed garments via Rochester Tailoring Company. The Herringbone is even heavy enough for an overcoat.

Tweed Vest.jpg
Woolrich Herringbone Lapel.jpg
Woolrich Herringbone pocket.jpg
Woolrich Herringbone Main.jpg
Woolrich Herrinbone Cuff.jpg

apolloali

Reaction score
@Epaulet about the new Geelong sweater project, do you have measurements for shoulders and waist as well? Asking because sweaters are impossible to tailor, and respectfully it looks from the website pictures as if the shoulders are cut too narrow for your model. (Assuming here that the shoulder seam is intended to hit at the edge of the shoulders)
second on this! been looking for a new sweater but man are they tough to size, especially online. i'm worried a 44 would be too tight in midsection but 46 would be too big in shoulders

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
5) I have at least 80 incredible four-season and FW fabrics in my hands now. In the next week, I'm going to shoot and video these. We'll reach out to any Southwick customers who never received their orders, and work out substitutions. Production time is pretty quick, so if I owe you a suit or Sportcoat, you can expect to hear from me soon with a fabric list, and for your finished garments to be in your hands in September.
Should we take this post to mean that if we did not get an outstanding Southwick order, at this point it's dead in the water?

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Should we take this post to mean that if we did not get an outstanding Southwick order, at this point it's dead in the water?
That's my understanding as well.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 1439588
REDA trousers, seersucker IS shirt and Southwick (RIP) sport coat. Navy shell loafers.
Really sharp!

That's my understanding as well.
Yup, this is definitely the case. If you didn't get your backorders from Southwick, then I'm going to run the production through RTC (Rochester Tailored Clothing). Their quality is exceptional, and I really have a TON of fabrics to choose from. It's probably going to take a week or so, but I'll get everything shot with stills and video, and start to present this to our backorder customers next week. RTC is on Summer union holidays for another 7 days, so they'll be ready to start on all this right after they resume. We should be able to have everything delivered in September.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
second on this! been looking for a new sweater but man are they tough to size, especially online. i'm worried a 44 would be too tight in midsection but 46 would be too big in shoulders
Thanks for asking guys. I was talking about this on IGTV yesterday, but the Lockie sweaters have a unique design for the shoulder seams. You can see it more clearly in the dress form images below:

It's kind of a modified raglan fit, where the seam comes up significantly from the shoulder crest. Quite a few Scottish mills do this. I'm not really sure why.. but it's probably just a stylistic touch that sets their crewnecks apart from the pack.

It doesn't affect anything on the fit. Jay is an athlete who has exceptionally broad shoulders for his overall size, and the sweater still fit him comfortably. IMO the crucial measurement on this is really just the chest. And if in doubt, you'll want to size up one.

For @apolloali ... since I know your custom shirt measurements, go for the True 44 (Tagged 48), I think that's going to fit great.

shoulder2.jpg
shoulder.jpg

CommodoreMarvel

Reaction score
Bah, so no cotton cashmere corduroy, no iron forged donegal and Southwick linen trousers will never see the light of day.
How will we ride shiny and chrome into the dark, cold months of this dark, cold year?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Bah, so no cotton cashmere corduroy, no iron forged donegal and Southwick linen trousers will never see the light of day.
How will we ride shiny and chrome into the dark, cold months of this dark, cold year?
I know, I'm really sorry... tried my best to get what we could. BB is in talks now about being acquired, so I wouldn't count Southwick out completely just yet, but for the moment they're definitely kaput.

That said, this batch of fabrics from RTC is really incredible, and there's plenty of bangers in there. Lots of Loro Piana corduroy to choose from too. I'm confident we'll find good replacements for everyone who needs it.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami

• Lego x Levi's