• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
X-post from WAYWT:

6226857488_0e0734fdd5_b.jpg

Beautiful day out today!

Ray-Ban
Epaulet
APC
LLBean
Timex

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Please tell me that the fair isle fabric has a glossy texture.. I need to talk me out of this when I am already working for money to get the paisley..:embar:
haha, nope no actual gloss to it. It looks a little bit that way in the photos, but it's flat in real life
Well I just got my Cramertons today. While they look great, unfortunately they are good bit too big for me. :confused: Is there any certain procedure I need to follow to get these exchanged for a size 28? Thanks
Sure thing, no problem at all. Drop an email with your details to service [at] epauletshop.com.
Those tweed coats are sick! Makes me wish I didn't live in a tropical climate :sarcasm: I'm getting quite excited about the fairisle shirt and brown houndstooth suit I ordered :slayer: I have another Epaulet jacquard shirt, and it's the best shirting material I've ever handled. Fits perfectly into my winter wardrobe too, which is all fairisle errythang.
Thank you sir, and that fairisle shirt is going to look absolutely bonkers with the houndstooth suit! You're gonna love the suit - the fabric has a great hand and it won't be too heavy.
awwwww damn who beat me to the grape walt 33s? any chance there's another pair lying around?
Ah, sadly we're sold out. I've got enough fabric to cut about 16 more pieces - drop me a PM if you want to preorder a pair
Which would be more versatile; the Cramerton or UK Stone Chino? Thanks!
Personally, I'd vote for the Cramertons. The fabric is unbelievably ace on those, and they're easy to wear casually. That said, if you have a formal work environment that would frown on the Cramerton's rear flap pockets, then you might be better off with the UK Stone. Both colors are equally easy to match, and they're both very solid cotton trousers.
I am down with the shawl pea coat. Would this possibly come in navy next year (i am insane, i know)? anyone have insight into grey vs navy in the pea coat- were they always navy or was there variation before it became settled on navy as we know it now? they are damn sharp, love the cut. regards, joe
It's tough to say. Fidelity does very small production runs and nearly everything gets shipped to Japan. It's a bit like Gitman Vintage, where individual stores can vary their orders (ex, order a certain shape in a certain color, rather then just buying pre-determined combinations of things). I don't anticipate buying the shawl collar in navy next year, but who knows. And it's possible that someone else out there is carrying that exact item. Navy is just one color - it's the same dark mil-spec navy that you see in most peacoats. And I've been getting a lot of PM's on the Fidelity coats. Unlike Schott, I can't restock these or bring in new styles in any way. Fidelity is totally sold out of all their stock. The inventory that we have now is all that we're going to have for the whole season.
ETA and pricepoint on the smoking?
By "smoking" you mean the tuxedo, right? (I learned that one living in Vienna). Pricepoint is still TBD, but it's most likely going to be around $950 for the full tux. Lead time is 4-6 weeks, and it will be available via special order only. I'll have a ton of wedding fit pics to show it off soon!
The camelhair jacket is completely out of control.
Holy s***, way out of control!
Yeah I actually have a pair of the Cramertons that are too big for me. Would it be easier to match the UK Stones with more shirts since they are lighter in color than the Cramertons? I apologize if this is a stupid question, I'm just really new to all this :embar:. Thanks
Not really, I think that both colors are easily matched. The UK stone is going to lend itself better to preppy, dressed-up looks with sportcoats though.
Any chance the spread collar shirt in sold white will get a restock? I'm looking for a S to wear as a dress shirt, and I'm not very fond of french cuffs. Thanks.
Absolutely, I think we have that coming at the end of the month. We're changing to basic white shirt to a cutaway collar.
So I know there are size charts, but I'm wondering if anyone can advise me who has direct experience. I take a small in Gitman and a medium in BoO. Gitman small is a bit tight, BoO is a more desirable fit. What size do those of you that take my size in those two brands take in Epaulet? It seems like my desirable P2P is 19.5, would a medium be too big? I'm a small in Wings + Horns and that is one of the best fitting oxfords off the rack I have come across. (If that helps). Thanks
I agree with the other members, I think that a Small will be right on for you. We have a more athletic cut than Gitman, so you'll get a little extra room in the arm holes.
X-post from WAYWT: Beautiful day out today! Ray-Ban Epaulet APC LLBean Timex
Nice, the shirt looks great on you! Thanks for posting the pic

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last edited:

mreggen

Reaction score
^ No way to resist that. Too bad that I just missed it with my in-store pickup package, but polka and overdyed olive ordered.

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score

the shape of the Ashland shirts is pretty damn perfect. at 50% off, they are an absolute STEAL.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Stanley, how tall are you and how much do you weigh/what are your measurements, out of curiousity? Nice fit!

gomango

Reaction score
I just bought some horse leather Thorogoods and wanted to comment on how amazing they are! The handle and make of boots are insanely solid; definite thumbs-up for the chestnut-red cork filled neoprene sole. The leather has a great feel to it both inside and out. I might have to come back on Tuesday to exchange for a smaller size though!

StanleyVanBuren

Thumb Raider
Reaction score
Stanley, how tall are you and how much do you weigh/what are your measurements, out of curiousity? Nice fit!

Thanks! I'm 5'10" and 120lbs. Wearing a size XS in that shot, and I'm a 34R/28W in Epaulet suiting. Hope that helps!

Manfred Freitag

Reaction score
I just bought some horse leather Thorogoods and wanted to comment on how amazing they are! The handle and make of boots are insanely solid; definite thumbs-up for the chestnut-red cork filled neoprene sole. The leather has a great feel to it both inside and out. I might have to come back on Tuesday to exchange for a smaller size though!

Did you buy your regular shoe size?

gomango

Reaction score
Nope, probably should have listened to guy who helped me out. I have fat, flat feet but probably grossly underestimated how much the leather would strech.

rennavate

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks! I'm 5'10" and 120lbs. Wearing a size XS in that shot, and I'm a 34R/28W in Epaulet suiting. Hope that helps!
It does! I'm 6'0" and 180lbs, and I would probably be a L in Epaulet shirting, but I'm not sure how good a fit that would be. I'm 34 in Epaulet trousers.

No8PTBs

Reaction score
Just took my Navy Marl Lambswool Walts to the tailor and spent the better part of 10 minutes convincing him that they weren't custom made for me. He's typically a quiet guy but couldn't stop talking about how nice the color is.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads