- Mar 14, 2015
- Reaction score
If we're inexperienced with skincare products how can we tell which ones might benefit us the most? I know I'm dull and tired but have no idea about my skin.Hey all,
Rory here, an Epaulet alumni (ex-employee), and big fan of all things Styleforum - many of you guys will have received packages I packed and thank you cards I wrote (if it was illegible... it was probably me).
I talked to Eva last week and she suggested I post about my new company that I have been working on for the past year. Perfect time to launch, right ?
It is not menswear, but it is tangentially related, because we all want to look our best.
We founded Overt because of a frustration with the skincare industry. The sourcing, manufacturing, and marketing of skincare products is often far too based on hype and ingredients that lack any form of scientific basis. So we decided to create Overt. A different kind of skincare company that’s transforming the industry through transparency, efficacy, and charity.
Since these products are gender neutral, and really work for all skin types, I wanted to show you guys, the Styleforum guys, all about them. We talk about our facility where we make the products, which is just 45 minutes away from where I grew up. Our products are full of effective ingredients without any unnecessary fillers. We donate 10% of our annual profit to fight human exploitation (oftentimes, sadly, a result of poorly audited supply chains - something that is pretty apparent in the skincare industry). Our products are fairly priced, and offer exceptional value. It goes without saying, no animal testing, an FDA certified facility, and properly sourced ingredients are the basics.
Our collection features five essential serums that were made using sustainably sourced ingredients to produce world class, gender neutral products. These five serums target most common skincare issues in different ways:
We also have 'duos' packages of two full sized serums that target skincare problems right at the source. They are a great way to find the correct serums for your skin without having to do mountains of research. Additionally, because they are a packaged set, they are discounted. The easily navigable page, we hope, will make it clear what kind of serums would benefit your skin.
- The Hydrator - Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Centella Asiatica targets dry and rough skin (dry skin leads to wrinkles and fine lines)
- The Brightener - 20% Water Soluble (more stable) Vitamin C and added Hyaluronic Acid targets dull tired skin, and uneven skin tone
- The Restorer - Copper Peptides, Matrixyl 3000, Antioxidants and Amino Acids help soothe and repair your skin's natural barrier by encouraging collagen growth. It builds up more resilient, thicker, skin by strengthening your skin's protective barrier.
- The Smoother - 2.5% Retinol Serum, Jojoba Oil, Centella Asiatica and Aloe Vera targets fine lines, wrinkles and other aging concerns by accelerating your skin cell turnover leading to quicker, rejuvenated skin.
- The Renewer - a plant derived Epidermal Growth Factor with added soy Isoflavones and peptides to address texture, hyperpigmentation, scarring and aging concerns.
I sent Eva a little sample pack last week of our five serums, and I am sure she will chime in to tell you about them!
I've also created a Styleforum exclusive discount code for you guys that will work until July 4th. Enter STYLEFORUM at checkout to get 10% off the cost of any of the products.
I'll stick around the thread answering any questions - about Overt, skincare in general, or what it was like hustling at the old Epaulet location in NYC