• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Sartorium

Reaction score
Hey all,

Rory here, an Epaulet alumni (ex-employee), and big fan of all things Styleforum - many of you guys will have received packages I packed and thank you cards I wrote (if it was illegible... it was probably me).

I talked to Eva last week and she suggested I post about my new company that I have been working on for the past year. Perfect time to launch, right :sarcasm:?

It is not menswear, but it is tangentially related, because we all want to look our best.

We founded Overt because of a frustration with the skincare industry. The sourcing, manufacturing, and marketing of skincare products is often far too based on hype and ingredients that lack any form of scientific basis. So we decided to create Overt. A different kind of skincare company that’s transforming the industry through transparency, efficacy, and charity.

Since these products are gender neutral, and really work for all skin types, I wanted to show you guys, the Styleforum guys, all about them. We talk about our facility where we make the products, which is just 45 minutes away from where I grew up. Our products are full of effective ingredients without any unnecessary fillers. We donate 10% of our annual profit to fight human exploitation (oftentimes, sadly, a result of poorly audited supply chains - something that is pretty apparent in the skincare industry). Our products are fairly priced, and offer exceptional value. It goes without saying, no animal testing, an FDA certified facility, and properly sourced ingredients are the basics.

Our collection features five essential serums that were made using sustainably sourced ingredients to produce world class, gender neutral products. These five serums target most common skincare issues in different ways:
  • The Hydrator - Hyaluronic Acid, Organic Aloe Vera, Vitamin E, and Centella Asiatica targets dry and rough skin (dry skin leads to wrinkles and fine lines)
  • The Brightener - 20% Water Soluble (more stable) Vitamin C and added Hyaluronic Acid targets dull tired skin, and uneven skin tone
  • The Restorer - Copper Peptides, Matrixyl 3000, Antioxidants and Amino Acids help soothe and repair your skin's natural barrier by encouraging collagen growth. It builds up more resilient, thicker, skin by strengthening your skin's protective barrier.
  • The Smoother - 2.5% Retinol Serum, Jojoba Oil, Centella Asiatica and Aloe Vera targets fine lines, wrinkles and other aging concerns by accelerating your skin cell turnover leading to quicker, rejuvenated skin.
  • The Renewer - a plant derived Epidermal Growth Factor with added soy Isoflavones and peptides to address texture, hyperpigmentation, scarring and aging concerns.
We also have 'duos' packages of two full sized serums that target skincare problems right at the source. They are a great way to find the correct serums for your skin without having to do mountains of research. Additionally, because they are a packaged set, they are discounted. The easily navigable page, we hope, will make it clear what kind of serums would benefit your skin.

I sent Eva a little sample pack last week of our five serums, and I am sure she will chime in to tell you about them!

I've also created a Styleforum exclusive discount code for you guys that will work until July 4th. Enter STYLEFORUM at checkout to get 10% off the cost of any of the products.

I'll stick around the thread answering any questions - about Overt, skincare in general, or what it was like hustling at the old Epaulet location in NYC :)

Cheers,

Rory
If we're inexperienced with skincare products how can we tell which ones might benefit us the most? I know I'm dull and tired but have no idea about my skin.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it has been discussed before but can someone break down for me the difference between the Rivet and Wilhelm. Is it just bigger thighs?

Thanks!

TAFJIR

Reaction score
@Epaulet any plans to do another run of the ghost horsehide trainers? I bought a pair last year and would love to pick up another as I’ve pretty much worn through them already (they’re my go to sneaker).

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm sure it has been discussed before but can someone break down for me the difference between the Rivet and Wilhelm. Is it just bigger thighs?

Thanks!
Others will be able to give a more detailed answer, but the idea is that it is roomier throughout the top block (seat, thighs, etc.) and slightly larger in the calves while still maintaining a neat silhouette. Wilhelms are bigger in the calf and at the ankle but the idea is to retain the same general look of a Rivet, just scaled up for those who love leg day.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Others will be able to give a more detailed answer, but the idea is that it is roomier throughout the top block (seat, thighs, etc.) and slightly larger in the calves while still maintaining a neat silhouette. Wilhelms are bigger in the calf and at the ankle but the idea is to retain the same general look of a Rivet, just scaled up for those who love leg day.
Thanks! I bought some Wilhelms that were on sale but I made the mistake of going with my J-Crew size. I moved the top button and because they have some give, they work for me. My wife loved them but I was thinking of getting the Rivet too. I find that because I have bigger thighs, the looser fit tends to make me look slimmer (according to my wife) as then they are tight in the thighs, it backfires to more of a sausage look.

hpreston

Reaction score
Sorry no pics, but just wanted to chime on how amazing Sashiko fabric is. (I know, I am what, eight/ten years late to the party?)

I had a couple Doyles in other fabrics, but never had a Sashiko until the recent United Together promotion, when I ordered the navy.

The fabric is so bonkers! So much depth and texture, yet so soft.

It’s going to be a great go to with everything once we get past the summer heat.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I bought some Wilhelms that were on sale but I made the mistake of going with my J-Crew size. I moved the top button and because they have some give, they work for me. My wife loved them but I was thinking of getting the Rivet too. I find that because I have bigger thighs, the looser fit tends to make me look slimmer (according to my wife) as then they are tight in the thighs, it backfires to more of a sausage look.
I think if you have bigger thighs then sticking with the Wilhelm is a good plan. The Rivets are by no means skinny, but you are absolutely right that they can look silly on larger legs. You should also consider the proportion of your legs to the top half of your body.

I tip the scales at a whopping 141 pounds so one would assume that skinny pants were made for me, right? Problem is I have a 33 inch waist. If I wear anything more slim than a Rivet it creates the optical illusion of my being somehow overweight, simply because I have this larger upper body teetering around on these tiny legs. The same thing can happen for muscular guys in Rivets- they look out of sorts and quite "top-heavy" if the leg is too slim.

Next time you see an average guy on the street who is clearly trying to up his dressing game but somehow just looks "off" or awkward, I can almost guarantee it is because his pants are too slim for his body.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet any plans to do another run of the ghost horsehide trainers? I bought a pair last year and would love to pick up another as I’ve pretty much worn through them already (they’re my go to sneaker).
Ah I wish! Sneakers are sadly on hold indefinitely, especially with everything happening this year. I don't have any restocks planned. Glad that you're enjoying them though!

Woot woot! New Doyle jacket on the way!!!
Packed it myself, it came out so boss! Thanks again!

Sorry no pics, but just wanted to chime on how amazing Sashiko fabric is. (I know, I am what, eight/ten years late to the party?)

I had a couple Doyles in other fabrics, but never had a Sashiko until the recent United Together promotion, when I ordered the navy.

The fabric is so bonkers! So much depth and texture, yet so soft.

It’s going to be a great go to with everything once we get past the summer heat.
So glad to hear that you're pleased with the Doyle! Enjoy it!

Thanks!
I think if you have bigger thighs then sticking with the Wilhelm is a good plan. The Rivets are by no means skinny, but you are absolutely right that they can look silly on larger legs. You should also consider the proportion of your legs to the top half of your body.

I tip the scales at a whopping 141 pounds so one would assume that skinny pants were made for me, right? Problem is I have a 33 inch waist. If I wear anything more slim than a Rivet it creates the optical illusion of my being somehow overweight, simply because I have this larger upper body teetering around on these tiny legs. The same thing can happen for muscular guys in Rivets- they look out of sorts and quite "top-heavy" if the leg is too slim.

Next time you see an average guy on the street who is clearly trying to up his dressing game but somehow just looks "off" or awkward, I can almost guarantee it is because his pants are too slim for his body.
I totally agree with both of you guys on this.. the assessment is spot on! Wilhelm gives a lot more room in the thighs, some more in the seat, a little more in the calves, and some additional rise. And yes, having a properly fit pant will visually slim your legs and put everything in better balance with the upper body.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Crosscut Pique & Brisbane Moss Jackets

Hey guys,

I got a bunch of requests to offer our new fabrics for custom Doyles and Sinclairs... so I built them into our existing online item. All of the other fabrics are available too if you want a jacket in one of them.

MADE TO ORDER DOYLE & SINCLAIR JACKET IN CANVAS, TWILL, AND DENIM

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Gitman Ends for Friends... the "Lost Production," just arrived! My warehouse assistant insisted on presenting them for photos. It's a little bittersweet that these are some of the last pieces to ever be produced at their OG Pennsylvania factory, but I'm glad that they finally came through.

]
Josiedots.jpg
Josie Capri Shirt.jpg
Josie Cheetah Shirt.jpg

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite summer fabric?

• Seersucker

• Fresco

• Linen

• Silk