• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FLW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apropos of nothing, I just want to say that it's always a pleasure to read this thread. Even when it is just about upcoming projects or ideas for new products.

Quarantine has meant more time on SF, which has thus reminded me why I like this thread (and, honestly, why I don't like many others).

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Got my Woolrich Donegal SInclair. Dare I say, it's.. too big??? :p Taking it to the tailor tomorrow to get the sleeves shortened and narrowed, maybe just a tad in the body. :/

I do like the cut and details overall, however, and can totally see putting together some casual "suits." Yeah, definitely going to have to consider this in a more summer friendly weight. :D

Now that you have production here in LA, you should ask if you can get some stuff made up in customer supplied fabrics. I have my eyes on some Liberty wools and printed velvet silks that I think would make for some killer eye-destroyers. YOU KNOW IT WOULD BE AWESOME!! :D

Thanks so much dude! Post some pics if you have a second. And a few quick notes:

1) HMU before your next custom jacket and we can tweak that fit to improve it and eliminate any future tailoring

2) We can absolutely do customer-sent fabrics. This is something that's really exciting for the Fall, as I know a lot of guys on here like to hunt around for fabric deals. I'll most likely build out an item online, but the basics are:

- Cost is $225 for a Doyle and $250 for a Sinclair

- Fabric must be woven, which is par for the course on menswear cloth. It can't be knit like a sweatshirt or tshirt.

- We generally need 3yards of fabric if the cloth is a normal width (55 to 60" wide). We might need more if there's a big plaid, narrow cloth, or a larger size.

- Really fine fabrics like lightweight silks intended for shirts or dresses probably won't work. We don't have super detailed machines for it. But standard suiting wools up to 150's thread count are fine. Woven velvet is fine too. I'd stay way from really light white or ecru fabrics.

- We can do a simple mashup style for an additional $50. Something like two alternating tweeds could be dope. It has to be pretty easy and straightforward. I'm going to run a sample with the next production batch.

Sent a message about those jungle Wilhelms.

Yes, my apologies! Will get that item online today (I know that I keep saying that). Either way I've got a pair reserved for you so no stress.

Out of curiosity, could you order an Individualized camp shirt with patch waist pockets? Thinking of something along the lines of Engineered Garments or a more modern guayabera.

Great minds... I was actually thinking the same exact thing and had ordered a sample of a shirt like this back in February.

The answer is yes, but not right now. There's a big backlog of orders and the factory only has about 60% of its staff. For the time being, they won't accept anything that's not in their current models. But I anticipate that they'll be back to normal within the next 1-2 months, and this is something that we can develop. Even with stay at home orders and restrictions on retail, factories should be cleared to fully operate by June, so we'll be able to scale back up.

We'll sadly miss the Summertime window for this design, but I'm going to sample out some thicker flannels with a long sleeves, camp collars, and four pockets. It's kind of bonkers, but also the kind of thing you can only get custom. I think that it will be dope to see how it turns out.
]
Happy Tuesday! Epaulet Teak Shell Cordovan Sport Trainers.

View attachment 1387461

View attachment 1387462

View attachment 1387463

-Mike

Jeez how do those look even better than they did when they were new?!?!

On a list of things I really don’t need another olive green/military/jungle/Doyle/chore coat type jacket is at the very top.

So of course I just bought an olive poplin Doyle jacket!

Thank you sir! You're going to love it!

Apropos of nothing, I just want to say that it's always a pleasure to read this thread. Even when it is just about upcoming projects or ideas for new products.

Quarantine has meant more time on SF, which has thus reminded me why I like this thread (and, honestly, why I don't like many others).

Thanks so much, it's great to read that. Apologies to everyone that I haven't been on as much as I should. Like many of us, my morale and enthusiasm kind of waxes and wanes on different days, but it's getting better and more exciting as things reopen and the weather improves. I'm grateful to be healthy and that our factories are making it through this.

And yeah... your black linen jacket is so fly that I can't take it. Wait till you see it in person!

If anyone out there wants to post up quarantine fit pics in your new Epaulet gear, we're always thrilled to see it!

Brisbane Moss Howitzer Khaki Twill Sinclair is out for delivery. ?

DUDE you are going to love it!! I only saw that fabric on the roll.. I never actually held a garment made in it. But it's really the nicest khaki twill that I've ever touched. We made two jackets out of it, and they're really something special.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Last Call for 15% off Custom Shirts

Hey guys! Just sent the newsletter... we're closing the Individualized promotion tonight. I've been able to send them about 75 shirts so far, which has been absolutely amazing. Thank you as always for the support!! Couple of quick notes...

1) You can see all of the custom shirt categories here

2) Take 15% off all of them until midnight with the code custom15

3) If you buy five shirts at once, I'll refund the lowest price shirt in the batch. You can stack this with the 15% off code

4) We have a rad category of Summer exclusives, including Albini linens, which come out to under $170 with the discount.

5) You get a free Individualized face mask for every shirt that you order. We'll send those with USPS first class next week.

5) If you're unsure of your size, then we can do a video fitting consultation next week. I have to reserve the fabric and the order with Individualized by tomorrow to get the discount. But we can take some time to nail down the exact sizing and details. Just order by midnight and choose the option below for sizing...

8423F583-E638-4ECA-B116-2E63675C7753.JPG

MrAmbrose

Reaction score
Woohoo ordered a mink sashiko Doyle :-D

plato

Reaction score
@Epaulet, Eva, Am interested in the rivet/sincair suit in the jungle green poplin, but my size is out of stock because I waited on the rivets. WIll there be another delivery of those rivets?

Apologies if this has been asked and answered. I'm finding myself scatterbrained these days in quarantine.

GentlemanJeff

Reaction score
Hi Eva!

I’ve been trying to effect an exchange of my 42 jungle Doyle. The left sleeve is a full inch shorter than the right sleeve. Could you please send me whatever return authorization I need?

Otherwise I love it!

thanks!
Jeff

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Eva!

I’ve been trying to effect an exchange of my 42 jungle Doyle. The left sleeve is a full inch shorter than the right sleeve. Could you please send me whatever return authorization I need?

Otherwise I love it!

thanks!
Jeff

Oh I'm sorry about that... no problem, will get that changed out for you. First time that I've had a sleeve length issue, but may have been a mixup while everyone was sewing at home

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
SALE SECTION UPDATE

I'm going to drop a newsletter in a few minutes, but if you're seeing this... I marked down the remnants of our 2019 sashiko stuff. We're going to re-up in 1-2 weeks, so I'm clearing out last year's colors and shapes. There's some deeper discounts on other goods too!

Check out the Sale Section

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads