• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yup, I have the size 34 sample right here, so I can post that up later. The Sashiko has some stretch in it that normal Rivets don't, so this might work better for you.
Can you provide careful measurements of the size 34 sample? I would rather go by that than your sizing chart.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Can you provide careful measurements of the size 34 sample? I would rather go by that than your sizing chart.

Sure, here's the exact measurements:

Waist: 17.5
Front Rise: 9.8
Back Rise: 14.5
Inseam: 35.5
Thigh: 12.8
Leg Opening: 7.5

It's remarkably on-spec given that the pre-wash garment is about 15% larger. Couple things that I'd advise everyone on:

1) If you own and wear a stock Rivet Chino now, then just order your normal size with confidence. It's going to work. And it's going to the be the best pant that you've ever worn. My sizing is so accurate because I spent the last three months dialing it in. Once the world is back on track, I think that the Sashiko Rivet can be our single best-selling product. It's freaking amazing.

2) The Sashiko cloth has some flex in it. It's going to stretch a bit when you wear it. Then contract a bit when you wash it. It's very much like denim in that way.

3) This isn't an exact science, so it's possible that these numbers can deviate a bit. But I'm shrinking it with the hottest possible water and hottest possible commercial dryer, so it should be very consistent.

4) If you're in doubt about two sizes, then go for the larger one

5) If you take a Rudy, then I think you're pretty safe to size up one as well. I was the original Rudy/Wilhelm customer, and my legs are definitely bigger than they ever were before. The size 34 sample is tight in the thighs and the seat, but wearable. I'll post a photo later. A 35 would actually work pretty well for me, and it would absolutely work really well for the majority of Rudy/Wilhelm guys. The extra inch at the waist can either be tailored, or you can just use a belt.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Okay... let's do all four colors for this. Give the people what they want! For everyone who ordered up until now - I'm going to make an "upgrade" item where you can change your preorder to a dyed piece if you like.

I wish that I had samples in each color, as it would be so rad to pair off of this up. But think about how dope a Navy Sinclair and Grey Rivet is going to look. Or a black Doyle and Natural Rivet. My apologies that the color names are pretty boring, I just want to make sure that it's totally understandable for any new guys. I'll be back to naming things "Garnet" and "Stormcloud" or whatever later on this year, don't worry.

Natural1.jpg
Grey1.jpg
Navy2.jpg
Black2.jpg

utopiaburger

Reaction score
@Epaulet
I think the sashiko project is a great idea Eva but what happens if the dyehouse doesn’t reopen in April? Could we get a refund? I think the social distancing measures may end up being extended so I’m a bit concerned about paying for something with an unknown delivery date.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet
I think the sashiko project is a great idea Eva but what happens if the dyehouse doesn’t reopen in April? Could we get a refund? I think the social distancing measures may end up being extended so I’m a bit concerned about paying for something with an unknown delivery date.

sure I won’t hold anyone’s money hostage. It’s impossible to say right now, but everyone here is planning for an ease on manufacturing and agriculture businesses in April. Bars and restaurants are going to sadly be another story.

but yeah, there’s certainly no guarantees on anything at all. I’m just trying to get my factory workers a good sized order to help them through all of this, and it was clear that the natural-only color option was a problem for a lot of guys. If you do order a dyed piece, I’m certainly really grateful for that at this time, and I’ll do everything I can to get it finished as early as I possibly can

utopiaburger

Reaction score
sure I won’t hold anyone’s money hostage. It’s impossible to say right now, but everyone here is planning for an ease on manufacturing and agriculture businesses in April. Bars and restaurants are going to sadly be another story.

but yeah, there’s certainly no guarantees on anything at all. I’m just trying to get my factory workers a good sized order to help them through all of this, and it was clear that the natural-only color option was a problem for a lot of guys. If you do order a dyed piece, I’m certainly really grateful for that at this time, and I’ll do everything I can to get it finished as early as I possibly can

Read your message and placed my order :)

rbarthel

Reaction score
@Epaulet Should we assume that some past campaigns that hadn't made it to the dye phase like the eternal chestnut cords are in a holding pattern indefinitely at this point?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Read your message and placed my order :)

Thank you so much!!!!

@Epaulet Should we assume that some past campaigns that hadn't made it to the dye phase like the eternal chestnut cords are in a holding pattern indefinitely at this point?

@rbarthel yeah at this point all of the clothing is sewn out and finished. I have just the Sinclairs scheduled to finish next week. Once they're all through, I'm going to see if I can locate another dye house in the interim. But the close order technically expires for businesses in a week, so we might be able to get them through sooner than later. I'm really just taking things one day at a time.

I'm definitely grateful that I have all of the inventory at my fingertips and can keep up with shipping and fulfillment. You guys will see a lot of orders going out today! My expenses are extremely low, and I can absolutely run this as a one-person operation for the next few weeks. So don't worry... I'm going to get you guys absolutely all of the product that's coming to you.

wesleeatl

Reaction score
Thank you so much!!!!

@rbarthel yeah at this point all of the clothing is sewn out and finished. I have just the Sinclairs scheduled to finish next week. Once they're all through, I'm going to see if I can locate another dye house in the interim. But the close order technically expires for businesses in a week, so we might be able to get them through sooner than later. I'm really just taking things one day at a time.

I'm definitely grateful that I have all of the inventory at my fingertips and can keep up with shipping and fulfillment. You guys will see a lot of orders going out today! My expenses are extremely low, and I can absolutely run this as a one-person operation for the next few weeks. So don't worry... I'm going to get you guys absolutely all of the product that's coming to you.
I’m really pumped to see the E Thomas Dark Twilight fabric from the Doyle/Sinclair MTO in the flesh. Thanks for all you’re doing!

Texasmade

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just ordered the navy Doyle to help out. I’m in no rush since it’s about to get really hot in Houston and won’t be wearable until September.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 84 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics