Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

lol.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Cool, glad that you like them! And yes the pricing is substantially higher than our other shirts. It's entirely due to the fabric. Full-line Liberty of London cloth is some of the finest printed cotton available anywhere in the world, and they're the only ones who offer these vibrant archive prints. We've sold these extremely well in our stores, so you'll really feel the quality when you get a shirt into your hands.
    Hmm, that's a good question. Here's the differences between the two: Navy Moleskin: 100% cotton, machine washable, extremely warm outside, but not too hot indoors, really polished and easy to dress up, but can easily be worn casually. A lot of my NYC customers wear our moleskin pants nearly every day once the weather gets cold. Navy Flannel: 100% wool. You'll need to dry clean these, but not often. The fabric looks more dressed up than the moleskin, but it can still be easily worn with boots. My typical winter uniform is flannel Rudy trousers and some manner of Alden Indy or Brixton boot. The fabric looks UN-freaking-believably good in person too. Our trousers are pretty addictive. There's almost no customers who own just one pair. I would suggest getting the Navy Flannels - the fabric is amazing on those and I anticipate us selling out of them pretty quickly after the restock arrives. We should have Navy Moleskin in stock throughout the Fall season, so you can always pick that up as a second pair. Pretty sure that you'll like both of them, but the Navy Flannels will really blow your mind.
    Thank you sir! You're going to absolutely love the Liberty shirts. They're actually really easy to wear - you can pair them with most of our trousers or wear them untucked with jeans. They look great under sportcoats. And you can match them up with complimentary solid ties.
    And yes, I'm been pretty mod since I was in my late teens. Sang in a ska band, rode a '67 Vespa, wore a fishtail parka, rocked the 10-hole oxblood docs with a Fred Perry and Levis STF. Tonic suits. Those terrible acrylic Fred Perry cardigans (who remembers those?). The whole deal. I've been trying to pepper our collection out with mod pieces for a while now. We had cutaway collars and prints in our first shirts in the Fall of '08. I developed the Walt and Rudy because I couldn't find any decent dress trousers or flannels to buy for the store. It's really exciting for me that this type of clothing has picked up steam in the menswear world, and we can invest more into it. You'll see some really strong mod influences coming shortly in our Southwick for Michael Kuhle sportcoats and our new footwear collection. I love it!
    Haha, I'll let the hot model know that you approve! Thanks!

3. Epaulet

Here's a rare Michael Kuhle fit photo! This is the outfit for my rehearsal dinner next Friday:

[​IMG]
    Southwick for Michael Kuhle 1-button Cream Dinner Jacket with Grosgrain tipping (available for special order soon!)
    Epaulet x Liberty Mitsi shirt
    Ashland Purple Microdot tie

'Das right. It's going to be steez out of bounds.

4. US Grant

US Grant Senior member

I'm digging the shawl collar Pea coat. Has any 36 short fellas tried out the sizing yet? I'm about to kop for one but also had a question or two: is the wool virgin and will this come in navy? i like the charcoal but love a navy.

the damn fine dinner jacket. damn, damn fine.

the overhaul of my wardrobe to full-on Epaulet continues.

5. Simplicio

Simplicio Senior member

The mod thing makes sense, now that I think about it. But I hadn't quite put it together before. In any case I'll see what I can do with these shirts. They are gorgeous.

I like the fit pic. Best of luck to you both.

6. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

Awesome fit Mike. Enjoy. Exciting times man...my rehearsal dinner was at the now closed Monte's on Carroll St just over the Gowanus. My family went there in '48 the day my mom was born, in '77 when I was born, and in '08 when my lil' girl was born. Fat Joe came in to eat during the dinner and all of my younger guest got up to get a pic with him and the chicks he was with...I miss that place. Anyway have fun man!

7. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

as said on the FB, that fit is seriously sharp, Mike. dinner jacket looks boss and the shirt/tie pairings are superb.

8. Epaulet

Thank you!

The sizing on this is a completely Japanese pattern, so I'm pretty sure the 36 will be right on if you typically take a 36S. It looks cropped on an R, and normal on an S.

Unfortunately, there's no way to get it in Navy. I actually tried reordering these jackets, and there is zilch for stock. Everything is cut to order, and nearly all of it is shipped abroad to Japan and HK.

Fabrication is 80% wool and 20% nylon. This is pretty standard for a mil-spec coat. The nylon makes the jacket less expensive, helps it resist pilling, and makes it a bit more windproof.

Thank you sir! Appreciate it as always.

Thanks! And oh man, I know Monte's really well. I actually lived on the corner of Carroll and Bond for four years - right down the block from there. If you ever go out to Montauk, you can hit up Gurney's Inn. It's also owned by the Monte family. One of the younger members, named "PJ" made a line of clothing called "Don." Like "Mafia Don" (wink-wink). He's been a guido since way before it was cool. Get ready to be shocked and awed at his lookbook:
    http://donclothing.com/lookbook.cfm

9. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Speaking of Montauk though, I went to The Harvest there and it was one of the coolest dining experiences ever. If you bring friends, you will get into an eating contest, guaranteed.

10. NewYorkIslander

Good to know...Frank (the night waiter) was awesome over there...I'll have to check out Gurney's, and hope their mussels in red is as good as it was at Montes. As far as "before guido was cool", 1986, mullets, sweatpants with socks pulled up and Miami Vice white Keds...Staten Island strong...couldn't get off it fast enough.

11. sazon

sazon Senior member

Bring back Mr. Ass-Cheeks !:slayer:

Mike: Tanti Auguri to you and Adele.

12. daev

daev Member

Here's me in the grey Weller. Face hidden because the place is a dump and I look like crap above the neck :D

A Jordanian friend of mine insisted it was made in Jordan, which coming from her is a huge compliment.

Ignore the arms. The jacket is on crooked because I was putting more effort into balancing the 5D on an ironing board and two granola bars.

[​IMG]

13. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

14. Epaulet

Word up on that. The Harvest is amazing!

Oh yeah, I grew up on Strong Isle myself. I can add the following to that list: Mustang's, Camaro's, WKTU, Freestyle, Italian horn necklaces, Cuban Links chains, Guess Jeans.

A warning to all about freestyle music. When I bought for Saks, my assistant loved that stuff. Played KTU all day, and I'd ironically pretend that I liked it. After the better part of a year, ironically liking it turned into authentically liking it. And that's a dangerous road my friends.

You know, "Mr Ass Cheeks" is now a "Rising Star Mixologist of 2011"
    http://www.starchefs.com/cook/chefs/bio/damon-boelte

If you're in the NYC area, I totally recommend hitting up his bar and getting a drink made by Damon. He's hands-down the best bartender I've ever known.

And thank you sir for the wishes!

Thanks! I'm actually breaking all the rules with that. I'm (number one) wearing it after Labor Day and (number two) wearing it with a single vent in the back.

But to hell with the rules. Ivory jackets are player-ific and some manner of vent is required for my fairly big ass. I'm going to actively find more events to wear that thing to this Fall.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2011
  15. NewYorkIslander

Epaulet Cramerton
    Epaulet Western Cromxl
    Lacoste
    Hanover LWB
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Was down on Smith today to pick up the khaki canvas...hands down, greatest casual khaki out there. Have Mabi's,Incos, Bills, Hickey, this knocks it out of the park, and when I get the cash, will kop in navy as well. Checked out the Liberty Pea Coats as well, the Shawl is cool, but the contrast is the bees. Unfortunately its one of those cuts for me where the L is too big, and the M I'm a 10 lb sausage in a 5lb bag. But the Liberty Shirts, holy shit Mike. They are some of the softest shirts I've ever felt. Beautiful. And the pattern are just SICK. You have a winner here my friend. I'm no KGMess with my pics, in fact, I seem to look older than I am in them, but I love those Cramertons. Two days in a row in em. Will post yesterdays fit when I get em off my work computer.