• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Doyle Suit Markdowns

Hey dudes, our newsletter tomorrow is going to feature markdowns on two of our coordinated Doyle "suits." The new prices are already live, so you heard it here first.

So... I'm going to wave the white flag of surrender on our Ikat pieces. They're dope, but I guess just not what a lot of people were looking for. I've marked the Doyle down to $95 and the Rivet down to $75. It's under our production cost because that hand-woven double ikat fabric is so expensive to source.

If you want to try it, this is about as good as prices get. The cloth is amazing in person and it's fairly thick, so totally wearable for the Fall. Admittedly this is in-your-face as a two piece look, but they're actually really easy to wear as separates:

Doyle Jacket in Handwoven Indigo Ikat: $95 (Originally $265)

Rivet Chino in Handwoven Indigo Ikat: $75 (Originally $185)

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Marked down the Ikat Shirt to $75. Check out how rad it looks on this dude.

We've just got 5 units, all in size large. We shan't make anything like this again, so definitely consider it if that's your size!

IMG_3956.JPG

TommyB

Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
What’s the difference between the Epaulet Pumice Washed Sashiko Pacific and the American Trench’s Marine? The Pacific is a lighter color?
I think I might finally jump into the Doyle pool...
Just a difference in name and listing.

We made the first batch of "Marine" blue Doyles for American Trench in the Spring of this year.

I ordered this Fall batch a few shades more saturated. So I updated the name to "Pacific." I guess American Trench thought it looked similar enough to just use the old name, so they're still calling it "Marine." It's really the same idea regardless, the two tones are very close and it's just a kickass, perfect shade of blue.

You're gonna love it!

TommyB

Reaction score
Just a difference in name and listing.

We made the first batch of "Marine" blue Doyles for American Trench in the Spring of this year.

I ordered this Fall batch a few shades more saturated. So I updated the name to "Pacific." I guess American Trench thought it looked similar enough to just use the old name, so they're still calling it "Marine." It's really the same idea regardless, the two tones are very close and it's just a kickass, perfect shade of blue.

You're gonna love it!
Aha, thanks!

utopiaburger

Reaction score
can anyone compare the sashiko and tokudai pique fabrics? I have a sashiko doyle and am thinking about getting a marked down tokudai sinclair but seems like there may be too much duplication. Thanks!

jischwar

Reaction score
Curious if pique fabric stretches at all... thinking about picking up the chinos.

goalaso

Reaction score
can anyone compare the sashiko and tokudai pique fabrics? I have a sashiko doyle and am thinking about getting a marked down tokudai sinclair but seems like there may be too much duplication. Thanks!
The fabrics are similar weight, though distinct in texture. If you have indigo sashiko though, the color is similar. Tokudai changes a bit on the light, but indoors the color is nearly the same. Sashiko is more pliable and more comfortable, almost like a sweater. The tokudai (haven't washed it yet) is a bit stiffer and surprisingly thicker. I would also note that the sizing on Tokudai, at least in the 2 that I tried (36 and 38) was like the Og sashiko in that they run small. The measurements on my 36 were that of a 34/35, and my 38 was a 36 (except for the length, which was a 38). So consider sizing up. It's small batch, so there's variation, and I can't speak to the higher sizes. Just be aware

utopiaburger

Reaction score
That’s very helpful, thanks so much!

The fabrics are similar weight, though distinct in texture. If you have indigo sashiko though, the color is similar. Tokudai changes a bit on the light, but indoors the color is nearly the same. Sashiko is more pliable and more comfortable, almost like a sweater. The tokudai (haven't washed it yet) is a bit stiffer and surprisingly thicker. I would also note that the sizing on Tokudai, at least in the 2 that I tried (36 and 38) was like the Og sashiko in that they run small. The measurements on my 36 were that of a 34/35, and my 38 was a 36 (except for the length, which was a 38). So consider sizing up. It's small batch, so there's variation, and I can't speak to the higher sizes. Just be aware

Featured Sponsor

What's your favorite pair of shoes to wear with jeans? (Choose two)

• Boots (Chelsea, Chukkas, Balmorals, etc.)

• Loafers

• Work boots (Red Wing, Wolverine, etc.)

• Monk strap shoes

• Oxford / Derby shoes

• Sneakers

Results are only viewable after voting.