• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
As always, really great stuff in the Southwick promo. Thank you @Epaulet for sourcing such amazing pieces!

Gentlemen, what are your favorite fabric choices from this promo?

@suuteebird thank you sir... you made some excellent choices for this season! Thanks for all of your support.

What is the weight on the Camel Hairs, out of curiosity?

This was yardage from Brooks Brothers samples, so I have the origin (they're on branded Loro Piana bolts) but not all of the specific details. I'd guess about 11oz. It's a heavyweight camel hair that's thicker than the typical jacket weight but lighter than the usual overcoat. That Navy is really freaking plush, I fell in love with it when I found it in the racks.

A comparison of the E.Thomas Knit Effect Olive, Mocha Check and the Reda Dark Loden would be great.

Thanks!

Gotcha, will shoot that in a bit!

needcamelhairneedcamelhairneedcamelhairneedcamelhairneedcamelhair

FTFY

And since I saw the Unfinished Horsehide Aero is back... Here's a look at one that trekked across Europe for 2 weeks with me rain, shine, and a whole lot more. A piece like this speaks for itself.

View attachment 1213153 View attachment 1213154

@Blastwice this thing looks freaking incredible, thanks for posting it!

And I'd like to shout out our dude here for having the world's boldest taste in linen suits. I just submitted an order for him that is going to blow everyone's mind.

Love the navy camel hair and the cinnamon hopsack. Someone should pick those up pronto.

Hear hear!

espen

Reaction score
@Epaulet - Greenpoints came in. What an amazing shape!

That drill cotton is machine washable yeah? Just want to give them a wash before hemming.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet - Greenpoints came in. What an amazing shape!

That drill cotton is machine washable yeah? Just want to give them a wash before hemming.

@espen awesome, so glad that you're pleased with them! I just met with Justin at Hertling last week, and the Greenpoint is totally coded in hard paper patterns for future runs, so we won't have that big lead time again. Thanks for your patience with it.

It's absolutely machine washable. You can do cold wash & hang dry on any cotton Hertling trouser.

I've got a new Hertling collection going live today, and they should be able to nail about a 4-week turnaround on everything except the Garand. The waistband on the Garand is still totally hand-assembled, so that's going to be about 6 weeks. But the factory looks great and is fully operational. Was great to see!

dcjohnson

Reaction score
Are any modifications (lowering the rise) allowed as part of the Hertling promo?
How does the color of the silica duck canvas compare to the putty twill? Thanks

suuteebird

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question about the Angelico Dove Flannel Twill - I’m having trouble telling if it is a very light gray or almost a natural or ecru. Can you shoot it against some comparables?

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For the greenpoint fit, the standard is side tabs for it right?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As always, really great stuff in the Southwick promo. Thank you @Epaulet for sourcing such amazing pieces!

Gentlemen, what are your favorite fabric choices from this promo?

The Di Pray Oxblood Wool-Silk Tweed (sold out now though) - I have a suit from a local store the appears to be the exact same fabric and while I don't really wear it as a suit often, as separates, the pieces get worn all the time!
LP Fall Navy Hopsack - I need another navy suit like a need a hole in the head but this shade is just different enough that I might make it happen. It's got a great grey shade to it.
LP Navy Camel Hair - If I didn't have multiple navy blazers already (including doeskin and a cashmere one) I'd grab this in a heartbeat.
E. Thomas Balloon Hopsack - See above, but add in existing navy hopsack in my closet.

The Seafoam Donegal, Orange Brushed Hopsack, both of the herringbones, and rose donegal tweed are all some standouts too. I don't know that I would wear the Harris Tweed Double Barrell Check as a suit but the fabric would make up a classic sportcoat for the fall/winter.

One final awesome fabric is the E. Thomas Mist-Caramel Windowpane Tweed. The windowpane on it doesn't look too loud so it should be easy to wear in most settings and I've got another E. Thomas Windowpane Tweed from an earlier single cuts promo and it's a nice alternative to the really heavy Harris Tweed stuff and much more comfortable if you work in an office where they really crank up the heat in the winter.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Are any modifications (lowering the rise) allowed as part of the Hertling promo?
How does the color of the silica duck canvas compare to the putty twill? Thanks

@dcjohnson technically no... when Hertling offers us the discount it's to collect orders in stock sizing and do a slightly larger cutting.

That said, we can accommodate some minor changes at this discounted price provided you buy 2 or more pieces with the same changes. They can be:

1) Waistband modifications: Add 1 or 2" to the waistband or Subtract 1 or 2" from the waistband
2) Rise modifications: Add or subtract 0.5" or 1" from front and back rise

Once the promo period is done or if you're okay buying a pair without the code then we can definitely do more like thigh and taper.

So when are the horsehide Doyles happening?

@sartoria vacua LOL that would seem to be the next step wouldn't it!

Question about the Angelico Dove Flannel Twill - I’m having trouble telling if it is a very light gray or almost a natural or ecru. Can you shoot it against some comparables?

@suuteebird yup will do that shortly

For the greenpoint fit, the standard is side tabs for it right?

@thatboyo we ordered our first sample with side tabs, but most people still ordered it with belt loops. I'd say about 90% of our trousers are done with loops. It works great either way

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Side tabs forever.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
One oft-forgotten benefit of side tabs: if you're into rare shell cordovan shoes but don't want to spend $400 on a rare shell cordovan belt, and you prefer your belts to always match your footwear, then side tabs means -- no belt.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads