• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Finally made it into Alden DC to get sized on the tru-balance. Now laboring over the decision of whether to pick up the AldenxEP officer indy boot in brown cxl. Office just switched to 'casual' and I think they'd be perfect for the colder months.

Ah very cool. The Officer's Indy makes a perfect biz-caz piece - that was our intention from the beginning. Pair it with Chinos, Cramertons, Tweeds, Flannels, Moleskins, and you're good to go.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Vanson for Epaulet Waxed Canvas Triton Jacket

Hey guys,

This jacket has been one of our best-selling pieces for about two years now. Crafted in thick waxed cotton, this waterproof piece is tough as all hell and will yield years upon years of service. It's absolutely the best waxed jacket available at anywhere near this price. We restocked our existing Black and Olive colorways, and we've introduced a new "British Tan" tone. Here's the lineup:

Vanson for Epaulet Waxed Triton Jacket British Tan: $450

Vanson for Epaulet Waxed Triton Jacket Olive: $450

Vanson for Epaulet Waxed Triton Jacket Black: $450

samsterdam

Reaction score
I just promised my fiancee I'd invoke austerity measures until after the wedding. And yet an order confirmation for the Triton jacket sits in my inbox.

Thanks for making a liar out of me, Mike. :embar:

Last edited:

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking forward to the new sweaters.

Last year I purchased the V-necks in Magenta, Navy Marl, Charcoal & Burgandy.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When I was in NYC a couple weekends again I saw that Triton jacket and about ruined my pants. If they weren't raw denim I probably would have just let it go, but the whole "no-washing" thing discouraged me. Those things are seriously a work of art. If I hadn't maxed out my Discover card on that trip I would have definitely picked it up. The tan version is amazing.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

I just promised my fiancee I'd invoke austerity measures until after the wedding. And yet an order confirmation for the Triton jacket sits in my inbox.

Thanks for making a liar out of me, Mike. :embar:

Haha, I did the same thing myself! I'm getting married in two weeks but somehow managed to buy myself yet another vintage watch last Thursday. The internet's a killer!

Thanks so much Sam and you're going to love this jacket - it looks even better in person.

Looking forward to the new sweaters.

Last year I purchased the V-necks in Magenta, Navy Marl, Charcoal & Burgandy.

Haha, I know, you were the Epaulet Superfine Merino baller of the year!

I think that you're really going to dig the new ones - we should have them live in an hour or so, and I'll post them up here shortly.

When I was in NYC a couple weekends again I saw that Triton jacket and about ruined my pants. If they weren't raw denim I probably would have just let it go, but the whole "no-washing" thing discouraged me. Those things are seriously a work of art. If I hadn't maxed out my Discover card on that trip I would have definitely picked it up. The tan version is amazing.

Man, if people actually shat their pants in my shop, then my sales of trousers would be really through the roof! I've got to keep trying harder.

If you ever get a waxed jacket, don't stress out about the washing bit. The base fabric isn't denim - it's actually a tough duck canvas. You can't really clean waxed cotton, but you somehow never need to. The wax makes it very stain-resistant, and it doesn't really pick up smells. I wore a Barbour parka for a good 6 years straight, and never lamented the fact that I couldn't clean it. I'd air it out every now and then, sometimes use Febreeze, and re-wax it every two years. I even had this jacket in Austria, where pretty much everyone smokes - pretty much everywhere - and pretty much all the time. I came back smelling like a human ashtray on many occasions, and the jacket would be okay after being in the breeze for a few hours.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Epaulet Superfine Merino Sweaters

Our popular slim-fit merino sweaters have returned! We've got an all-new palette of colors for this year. Like our first collection, these are completely made in Italy and are based on an original 1960's fit pattern.

Each one of these pieces is hand-dyed. First, the sweater is knit in a natural, undyed wool. The entire finished garment is then dipped into a dye batch, resulting in a deep main color with very cool tone variations at the ribbing and main seams. Each is made of genuine woolmark 100% Australian merino wool. We've got four colors to choose from in the V-necks:

V-Neck Superfine Merino Hand-Dyed Graycast Navy: $195

V-Neck Superfine Merino Hand-Dyed Hunter Green: $195

V-Neck Superfine Merino Hand-Dyed Heather Gray: $195

V-Neck Superfine Merino Hand-Dyed Scarlet Red: $195

And.... I'm thrilled to introduce our first Turtleneck. This thing is so awesome. Stick this under a tweed sportcoat and you are so freaking mod it hurts.

Turtleneck Superfine Merino Hand-Dyed Charcoal: $215

Last edited:

daev

Reaction score
Thought I'd share this shot of the Grey Weller. The arms appear short, but I'm just wearing it a bit crooked. They really fit fine. Propping up a 5D on an ironing board and two granola bars to level it is harder than it sounds and took all of my concentration. The shade is probably a little lighter the the photo. I blame the lighting.

Face hidden because the place is a mess and I look/feel like **** :fu:

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Just called Manhattan, ordered the khaki canvas and natty chromex belt...hope to pick em up in Carroll Gdns Saturday. Sorry to be a pain ********** with the gift cert + paypal combo Mike...thx!

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Man, if people actually shat their pants in my shop, then my sales of trousers would be really through the roof! I've got to keep trying harder.

If you ever get a waxed jacket, don't stress out about the washing bit. The base fabric isn't denim - it's actually a tough duck canvas. You can't really clean waxed cotton, but you somehow never need to. The wax makes it very stain-resistant, and it doesn't really pick up smells. I wore a Barbour parka for a good 6 years straight, and never lamented the fact that I couldn't clean it. I'd air it out every now and then, sometimes use Febreeze, and re-wax it every two years. I even had this jacket in Austria, where pretty much everyone smokes - pretty much everywhere - and pretty much all the time. I came back smelling like a human ashtray on many occasions, and the jacket would be okay after being in the breeze for a few hours.

Ha! I was actually referring to the pants I was wearing in the shop. If I was wearing anything but raw denim I would have just shat my pants but held it in instead. :nodding:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads