• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

theh00d

Reaction score
Could I order a size 28 Taylor fit and request the waist of a size 29?

I normally wear Walt in 29 but tried Taylor in 28 and liked it for the higher rise (just had to take out the waist 2")

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Could I order a size 28 Taylor fit and request the waist of a size 29?

I normally wear Walt in 29 but tried Taylor in 28 and liked it for the higher rise (just had to take out the waist 2")

Yup, you absolutely can. We can accommodate basic waistband of changes of 1" or 2" at no upcharge. Just order a size 28 Taylor and write "add one inch to waistband" in comments.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Here's the IG story that's going to go up at noon....

Hertling IG.jpg
Hertling IG 2.jpg
Hertling IG3.jpg
HertlingIG5.jpg
Hertling IG4.jpg

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Also, I don't want to be the one millionth person saying this, but I'm totally hate watching Game of Thrones now.

I feel like I've invested so much time that I want to see the resolution, but my god, I can't stand watching it. Yesterday felt like a chore. Anyone else feel this way?

Alcibiades

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Mike - just checking on the status of the "Solaro" cord orders from January, would love to get them for some wear before it gets too hot

El Argentino

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never seen GoT...

Me neither, but I did just binge watch Parks & Recreation and now finally understand who Duke Silver is.

In other news, a watch / EP shirt pairing today:

57947361833__CBC6CFB9-2CF1-411C-8D39-FBF8287A882B.JPG

Omega Seamaster Diver 300 w/ White Somelos Oxford.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, I don't want to be the one millionth person saying this, but I'm totally hate watching Game of Thrones now.

I feel like I've invested so much time that I want to see the resolution, but my god, I can't stand watching it. Yesterday felt like a chore. Anyone else feel this way?
Yeah, it was traumatic. but ironically one of the most viscerally realistic depictions of war crimes committed by the **good** side that we’ve seen on TV, tbh. Just imagine Drogon is a hydrogen bomb, and Dany is Truman...

The direction and acting was phenomenal in spite of such epically bad writing.

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it was traumatic. but ironically one of the most viscerally realistic depictions of war crimes committed by the **good** side that we’ve seen on TV, tbh. Just imagine Drogon is a hydrogen bomb, and Dany is Truman...

It was a tense ride last night for sure! I had the same reaction watching it, the scenes of the aftermath reminded me of something you would see after a nuclear blast... We will find out this weekend how living through it has affected Arya.

trig

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
hey mike,

what's the comparison/contrast between the greenpoint and the gable? Just the double vs single pleat?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@peppercorn78 agreed, although I feel like there wasn't a lot of chance for anyone to act, just a ton of CGI warfare and people looking shocked and dazed.

It was a tense ride last night for sure! I had the same reaction watching it, the scenes of the aftermath reminded me of something you would see after a nuclear blast... We will find out this weekend how living through it has affected Arya.

@duff406 yeah quite a lot of 9/11 parallels for me... the whole thing was just kind of exhausting, and I felt like I just waiting for the end.

hey mike,

what's the comparison/contrast between the greenpoint and the gable? Just the double vs single pleat?

@trig mostly yeah -- that gives it some more space in the front -- and the Greenpoint is just a touch shorter in the rise. Also doesn't have that huge extended tab that the Gable has.

Is there a drop time for the big Hertling promo tomorrow? Want to know when to sit at my computer mashing refresh

@Sartorium I'm looking to have everything built and online by noon. We have pretty good inventory in the fabrics with the exception of the existing Pima Cotton cottons.. which are down to about 5 units each.

So.. to that end.. I just reactivated the hertling20 discount code, which will be what we'll offer on all of these "last cutting" styles. The new fabrics that will be added tomorrow are REDA Hopsack (grey, dove, indigo, sunset), English Cotton Drill (khaki, olive, gunmetal) and Sueded Cotton Twill (British Khaki, Olive, Navy). Both of those are tough-guy, four season cottons, the kind that Hertling is famous for. You can order tonight with the discount code with Hertling Cottons & Linens and Hertling Wools if:

1) You're more interested in the fabrics that we already have (particularly the lighter weight Pima Cotton twills, which are legitimately really tight with inventory)

2) You're not interested in the Garand or Greenpoint shape. I'll need until tomorrow to build those into the items.

Other than that, the discounted price is what you'll see and the pants will be produced with our exclusive closing event waistband tags and come with a signed certificate. More importantly, you'll get them quickly.

We're not that constrained on fabrics, but we are limited in the total number that the factory can make. Their time is limited, so maybe 150-175 units will be the max. They'll let me know, and we'll submit orders first-come first-served on a shared google spreadsheet, so the factory will see them appear in almost real-time. I intend to keep the project open for a week, but we're also going to promote the hell out of it, so it's possible that we hit the production max before then. If you're interested in a pair, then getting the order in sooner than later would be better. And you can certainly order tonight if you've had your eye on any of the fabrics currently listed.

Which BTW if you ordered any of these with our promo about two weeks ago, they're supposed to finish up and ship to us really soon! Can't wait to see them, and we'll turn them around to you pronto.

Sartorium

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@peppercorn78 agreed, although I feel like there wasn't a lot of chance for anyone to act, just a ton of CGI warfare and people looking shocked and dazed.

@duff406 yeah quite a lot of 9/11 parallels for me... the whole thing was just kind of exhausting, and I felt like I just waiting for the end.

@trig mostly yeah -- that gives it some more space in the front -- and the Greenpoint is just a touch shorter in the rise. Also doesn't have that huge extended tab that the Gable has.

@Sartorium I'm looking to have everything built and online by noon. We have pretty good inventory in the fabrics with the exception of the existing Pima Cotton cottons.. which are down to about 5 units each.

So.. to that end.. I just reactivated the hertling20 discount code, which will be what we'll offer on all of these "last cutting" styles. The new fabrics that will be added tomorrow are REDA Hopsack (grey, dove, indigo, sunset), English Cotton Drill (khaki, olive, gunmetal) and Sueded Cotton Twill (British Khaki, Olive, Navy). Both of those are tough-guy, four season cottons, the kind that Hertling is famous for. You can order tonight with the discount code with Hertling Cottons & Linens and Hertling Wools if:

1) You're more interested in the fabrics that we already have (particularly the lighter weight Pima Cotton twills, which are legitimately really tight with inventory)

2) You're not interested in the Garand or Greenpoint shape. I'll need until tomorrow to build those into the items.

Other than that, the discounted price is what you'll see and the pants will be produced with our exclusive closing event waistband tags and come with a signed certificate. More importantly, you'll get them quickly.

We're not that constrained on fabrics, but we are limited in the total number that the factory can make. Their time is limited, so maybe 150-175 units will be the max. They'll let me know, and we'll submit orders first-come first-served on a shared google spreadsheet, so the factory will see them appear in almost real-time. I intend to keep the project open for a week, but we're also going to promote the hell out of it, so it's possible that we hit the production max before then. If you're interested in a pair, then getting the order in sooner than later would be better. And you can certainly order tonight if you've had your eye on any of the fabrics currently listed.

Which BTW if you ordered any of these with our promo about two weeks ago, they're supposed to finish up and ship to us really soon! Can't wait to see them, and we'll turn them around to you pronto.

Will the Hertling20 work for Fall cords too?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Will the Hertling20 work for Fall cords too?

@Sartorium ah sorry, I think that they've actually liquidated all of those fabrics, I just deactivated them. I'll check, they might have a bit of fabric in certain colors, will check back on it. But if they have them, it would certainly be part of the promo.

I just found out that they have 5 units of Grey Heavyweight Cavalry Twill, the fabric pictured in the Greenpoint sample.. that's going to be priced at the same as REDA Hopsack.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads