1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. scb

scb Distinguished Member

i'm the only one?

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Lol I’m with you, I think I’ve managed to wear shorts five days a week for the past three years.

I’m gonna go with MOP for that fabric, it’s pretty understated and could be dressed up under a jacket. The MOP buttons make that easier.. plus they’re a baller and unexpected detail on a fabric like this.

Love it! That bezel is great.

That Air-King is stunning, I think it’s a really under appreciated model.

Lol I don’t get to hear “freak show” applied to hands all that often but I love that Nomos... definitely admired it in photos before

3. M635Guy

M635Guy Distinguished Member

I'm a one-watch dude, and with a college-spawn and two more in that zone over the next ~8 years, I don't see myself with anything more than my old-school (and pretty beat) Hamilton:
    [​IMG]

4. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Are the Jungle trousers made by Hertling or elsewhere?

5. ErikW

ErikW Senior Member

Quick shoutout to Epaulet for making some of the best kicks on the planet. I've had these unfinished horsehide trainers for the last couple of years. They're my go-to for vacations and have quite literally traveled around the world with me. Highly recommended - on a related note, very excited about my incoming pair of ghost horsehide trainers.
    20190315_093414.jpg 20190315_115304.jpg

6. mike2

mike2 Member

Sorry to distract from the watch discussion, but I wonder if anyone could provide some advice on EP shirt sizing? I wear a 42 in the Sinclair, 44 in the Doyle (in which I like the looser fit), 38 in EZ pants. I was looking at the measurements and comparing to shirts I own, mostly medium or large, and coming up with XL or XXL for Epaulet. That can't be right, can it?

This page has been bad enough for my wallet and now you're going to start making me want a nice watch. Anyway, contributing :) Which, keeping this thread-relevant, includes some Epaulet corduroy sinclair.

1.jpg

7. GGMac

GGMac Senior Member

Wearing the EP olive sateen chainstitch shirt today cause St. Paddy’s day at work and such. Also pictured is my Z series 16610 my wife gave me as a wedding gift in 2006. I have a few other watches but I pretty much exclusively wear this one.

51048B41-2868-459E-B01A-60A20D79E738.jpeg

8. letsgofire

letsgofire Senior Member

CF68EFA2-2D6B-4CC8-B5BB-82CAADBCE415.jpeg

You can’t go wrong with the classics

9. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

Who the hell are you guys all marrying, that are giving you $5k wedding gifts? :eek:

Jesus Christmas.... Does she have a sister? :cool2:

10. SteveH35

SteveH35 Senior Member

A while back they did a profile of our loft in a book on Downtown Los Angeles. Somehow I ended up in my trusty Epaulet caramel chinos and denim Kamigata. Below it is a closeup of the watch on my wrist...
    f1b5ace9c28013801af5eed6f67e1993424b50b1-1.jpeg DSC01501.jpg

11. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

OK, so the watch convo is not something I can contribute to, since I only own two which are completely unremarkable: a Sea-Gull flywheel and a Burberry branded quartz that looks dressy enough to wear with suits when I need to. Even though I've spent enough dough at EP alone (not to mention Alden, Allen Edmonds, Carmina) to cover several relatively nice ones (well, nice for folks of NORMAL means, not a Patek or anything), I just can't get past the psychological barrier of plopping down multiple thousands on an accessory that I barely use most of the time I even wear it. And I guess it's for the very best that I don't fall down this particular rabbit hole, as the my shoe habit alone is hard enough to justify as it is..

I do enjoy seeing everyone else's photos, though.

12. GGMac

GGMac Senior Member

Nope. I just received 2 pairs and mine are a full size larger as well.

13. scb

scb Distinguished Member

my 33s measure 18+ inches across, so close to 37 inches

14. GGMac

GGMac Senior Member

Mine are 33’s as well and are exactly 18” whereas my older Rivet’s are about 17.25”

15. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

Btw got my dark crystal wash Gitman oxford and a pair of the heavy olive twill jungle pants just now. The fabric on those pants is heavy and rugged AF. Makes me feel like I’m ready for an actual safari. Great job on these, Mike. I’m looking forward to breaking them in and beating them up.