1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. dupedd

dupedd Well-Known Member

I love my oxford cloth light grey rivets from back around 2011. May be my most worn summer pant. I'd def pickup a pair in that color if they have it and another color maybe..liked the light blue back oxford color back then also. Doyle sounds rad too, and a great price point.

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Very cool... I don’t see grey, but there are some great blues, grapes, and pink

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

I have some non-EP Hertling pants in light blue (not pastel tho) and khaki oxford cloth, and I absolutely love them. Super soft and luxurious hand and great sheen on them. Only drag is that the slightest drop of water spreads to a huge wet spot that takes ages to dry. Don’t ask me how I found that out.

4. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

@Epaulet - Regarding the oxford cloth for trousers: I have a couple pair of oxford cloth chinos (I think a pair of Rivets and something from another brand) and they are great casual pants for the spring or summer but I'd actually be more interested in something like a pair of Taylor or Rudy trousers in a basic blue or light grey oxford. That would be a nice alternative to lightweight linen or cotton/linen for the office on those really hot summer days and it's easier to wear those trousers with a blazer or sportcoat than the Rivets.

5. Epaulet

I can actually make you guys any of our pants in Oxford cloth here at SW. Lemme get a price, I’d just need to settle on it tomorrow and cut the cloth off before we send to the Rivet factory. Will get back at you with it

6. Epaulet

Whoa we could actually use this rad heavyweight Oxford that they used in Thom Browne shirts years ago. It’s a true light blue (color is wacko in this pic)

EDE76850-9F55-4A0F-8383-41834DBFEF4C.jpeg

7. stevenkmason

stevenkmason Senior Member

Double Epaulet today. The proportions on this stuff are so good that you can barely tell that I’m 6’10”.

[​IMG]

8. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

That looks perfect. I love those boots with that fit.

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

6'10?? The last time I met someone as tall as you it was David Robinson.

shirt and boots are ace, btw.

10. iamtripp

iamtripp Well-Known Member

I really liked the oxford fabric from the BBBF shirts, assuming that was the Thom Browne shirts you're referring to. I think I still have one or two in my closet. They could make a nice trouser but I'm also with the folks that would like more of the dress trouser cuts as opposed to the rivet chino.

11. Epaulet

Yup, that should be the exact same fabric.. those shirts were made by Garland Shirt, and they're owned by Southwick. They made his Thom Browne collection shirts for a few years too.

And this is the thinking: there's enough TF fabric to make about 10 dress trousers here at SW. That would be for the Walt, Rudy, Gable, Taylor, Driggs, or Nico. I'll get a price quote for it, and if anyone wants a pair, we can set up an MTO order tomorrow. Any fabric that doesn't get used for that, I'll ship to LA and we'll cut into ready to wear chinos.

12. Plumluck

Plumluck Well-Known Member

Mike are those all Rivets, or also Sandows and the other shape you teased a bunch of pages ago?

13. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

^^ Mike, I'd definitely be in for a pair of Taylor or Rudy trousers in that awesome fabric.

14. Epaulet

You got it, I'll have pricing for you tomorrow.. I REALLY want these to be made. Out of all the oxford here, that's the only heavyweight roll, and it's going to be boss in a pant.

15. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

I wear a pair of light blue oxford cloth pants in the summer with white seersucker or poplin shirts. Especially popovers. They are rad as fuck.