1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. suuteebird

suuteebird Senior Member

2. suuteebird

suuteebird Senior Member

31D44317-93D9-4610-9DF2-F45C7E8B1146.jpeg
    Overcoats. A Quincy and a heavyweight navy cashmere Fenway that might have been the greatest find ever.

3. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Distinguished Member

I kick myself for missing out on the Magee and the Blue with green windowpane. Great collection!

4. CanadaCal

CanadaCal Distinguished Member

5. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

I also have not gotten newsletters in a while and assumed it was because you were on holiday break.

6. trig

trig Distinguished Member

I haven't received any since before the holidays as well.

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@trig @Sartorium would you guys mind PM'ing me your email address when you get a chance, I definitely want to look into that. I know that there's some new integration between Shopify (our store hosting) and Mailchimp (our newsletter platform), I'll check to see if something is amiss with our lists.

8. suuteebird

suuteebird Senior Member

242D70B1-30D9-45B1-B787-21EB2A051A8C.jpeg
    @Epaulet Looks like a late January road trip to Reno should be in your future to see Bell Biv DeVoe.

9. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

If I sign up again can I get 10% off? :p

10. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

My SW jacket rotation is far more modest than, ahem, others’, but nevertheless I have pieces that I enjoy quite a bit:

Camel hair, piacenza cashmere, windowpane tweed:

286E3DB2-156F-4EAB-B6CB-F57F8965DC1A.jpeg

REDA navy hopsack and REDA Milano Check:

71FD26A3-E9E1-414D-A1E3-D47BF4434A32.jpeg

11. wakawaka

wakawaka Senior Member

@Epaulet Mike sir - I intend to grab the Undyed Super Heavyweight Tweed - in the form of trousers. I (and my freezing butt) really want to make this whole thing work!... Could you please tell me whether it would make more sense to have the said trousers made as Nico, or as Taylor in your opinion? I have a slight feeling that the thickness of the fabric could be problematic with Nico's side-tabs. (I would choose Gable if I had the option, but that is totally unavailable with Southwick as I believe... Or is it? :puzzled:)

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

I bought that fabric and went with the Taylor. I have a really really heavy Harris Tweed from a run maybe 5 or 6 years ago and they have sidetabs but they are not nearly as functional as sidetabs I have on lighter weight trousers. I would imagine that they would be even less functional on this 25oz fabric, plus, that boucle texture seems like it would just make it even more difficult to move through the little buckles.

I wish southwick offered the sidetabs that use buttons and a little bit of elastic.

13. katch

katch Senior Member

That heavyweight is a beast. Love it.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, two quick things:

1) SASHIKO HAS CLEARED CUSTOMS. Should be in our hands by the end of the week and getting put into work shortly after that.

2) Thanks to everyone who PM'd me about their newsletter receipts... I'm working through that with Mailchimp and getting to the bottom of it.

@peppercorn78 really fantastic!!

@wakawaka great choice, that's going to be an incredible pant in the cold weather!

I'd say the Taylor. I'm pretty sure that side-tabs won't be possible with this cloth, it's going to have to be belt loops. Its gonna be insane!!!

@katch yeah it's so great. We've now sold about 12 pants in it, which is crazy. I'm positive that we are the only Southwick vendor to ever sell a pant in something like that.

15. JSO1

JSO1 Distinguished Member

Southwick di pray chocolate check flannel suit today

09BD3603-75F3-4EB4-B250-2942E60C6B5E.jpeg