1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys, two quick updates:

HERTLING: Justin, the factory owner, told us that they're shipping 11 trousers today, 30 trousers next Wed, and 30 trousers the week after that. He's going to detail exactly who's pants are in what shipment, but I have yet to receive it. I anticipate getting that info today, and any backordered customers will be the first to know where they are in the queue. @tshear

SASHIKO: Our fabric arrived at the Port of Long Beach about 10 days ago.. so actually a week before planned. That's the good news. The bad news is, it's still awaiting customs clearance. Due to the federal shutdown, things are taking INSANELY long. It's typically a few days to clear merchandise, and we've had it there for 7 full working days so far. They don't give out updates or commit to deadlines, so I'm just calling every day and hoping for good news. As it stands, we're still on track for our delivery window due to the early shipping arrival, but it's possible that things will be delayed if this customs hold goes on for a lot longer. I'll keep you posted.

2. nycs10011

nycs10011 Well-Known Member

Quick question on the Irish Undyed Donegal Tweed. Is the color more of a grey or oatmeal? Also second on FLW's question is a 3 roll 2 possible?

3. Epaulet

@Sartorium I'm hoping to present more corduroy tweed next week from Hertling, but that's going to be full price as the fabric's brand new. I'll ask about the colorful cords, I know that a few colors are gone, but we might be able to swing something with that.

@peppercorn78 so great!

I'll shoot a video on it shortly and you can see it in the outdoor light. And yes @FLW @nycs10011 we can do a 3-roll-2, but it will be in the natural shoulder "Weller" shape that we ran for years. We can make the fit link up with the Dartmouth & Nuovo but the shoulder is a bit more prominent. It's definitely trad.

[​IMG]

4. Epaulet

Got a few daylight fabric videos for you guys:

5. nycs10011

I'm pretty happy with the Nuovo fit, but I do love a good 3-2 roll. What's the lapel width on the Weller in a 39/40?

6. Epaulet

I think it's 2.25", so we can probably take it out to 2.75" if you want it bigger.

7. nycs10011

Always bigger lapels. Let me mull over the fit. How much yardage do you have on the Donegal tweed?

8. Epaulet

@nycs10011 oh we have a lot on that, we've sold about 6 suits in it, but there's plenty left. FWIW, we've gotten much better feedback on the Nuovo/Dartmouth shape. I'm biased because I designed the shoulder, but I think that the fit is superior on it.

I also think it's rad to take a really trad/anglo fabric like that Donegal and wear it in an Italian shape.

9. suuteebird

suuteebird Senior Member

Purchased the Di Pray Tuscan Sunset Check as a suit. I like suit options that can also be worn as separates and I think this fits the bill. Contemplating a few other options. What are the rest of you liking?

10. JSO1

JSO1 Distinguished Member

I picked up a SC in the Holland & Sherry Charcoal and Rust, and a Quincy overcoat in E.Thomas Double-Faced Herringbone. I was thinking about the Di Pray Tuscan Sunset Check, but I already have a Robert Noble SC (swatch below) that is very similar, so not sure I can justify it. Thinking about an E.Thomas Gunmetal Herringbone SC now.

upload_2019-1-11_15-37-47.png

11. suuteebird

suuteebird Senior Member

For those of you considering the Piacenza Vicuna Cashmere, I picked up an EP/Southwick SC this last year that was either this same fabric or one very similar and it is super lux. Easy to wear and pair and an absolute favorite of mine. I would highly recommend.

12. Epaulet

Thank you sir! @suuteebird ... that's going to be an amazing suit!

I'd echo @JS01 here and also suggest the E.Thomas Gunmetal Herringbone for a second suit. The jacket will have enough texture to work as a SC with navy trousers, jeans, and khaki cottons or wools. The Di Pray herringbone's on the first page are great too.. particularly the Tobacco color.

13. Epaulet

Hey guys, not sure if you saw these videos in our newsletter, but I'd love to get your feedback on it.

In 2019, I want to use these little 45sec spots for ads on Facebook and Reddit. We demo'd a new videographer and I gave him total creative freedom to shoot and edit how he likes. He even composed the music for them. We just did two shirts to keep it easy and low-impact. I have some thoughts on future changes, but I'd love to hear your feedback first. Do you like it the videos? Do they speak to you? Do they show the product well?

14. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Senior Member

I realize that those of us posting here are hardly indicative of the populace as a whole so take this with a grain of salt, but I think it would be helpful to have some sort of VO giving things like details on the fabric, the stitching, etc. Without something like that, I feel like I'm watching a profile video on a dating site. I know there's text that that gives some of it away, but I don't feel like that's prominent enough.

15. Epaulet

Good point, I'm definitely thinking to integrate some text into it.. problem with voice overs is that many Instagram users never hear the sound on video ads, as it's muted by default. So you generally have to use text to get across the details.

And to the dating profile point, I agree.. there's a lot of emphasis on the model's face and expressions, whereas I'd prefer to put a bit more on the product. At least for what we do.