1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. ericgereghty

ericgereghty Distinguished Member

2. Mghart

Mghart Senior Member

@Epaulet Mike, I'm sure you'll be busy with the uploads, but at some point.. Is there any patterns with southwick/hertling that are either a) fuller cut, or b) don't taper as aggressively as some of the stock EP patterns that can be ordered wether MTO or otherwise?

Most of my style changes in the last year or so have kind of taken me out of the general EP wheelhouse but I've always enjoyed the Hertling trousers I've had, but was curious if there was anything as an alternative.

3. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

@Epaulet really awesome assortment there. I don’t suppose there was any corduroy up for grabs?

4. FLW

FLW Distinguished Member

I'm curious about this as well. If Southwick has some good, trad-ly 3-roll-2 model, I'd love that.

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@Mghart yup, absolutely... probably the best thing to do is use one of our existing shapes and simply relax it.

For example, if you own a Rudy and you like the fit at the waist and the seat, but you want a fuller leg and less taper, that's really easy to do. For most of our shapes, you can just specify the leg opening that you want.

I'd say to order something if it grabs you, write "hold for sizing" and then we can hash it out with you. No problemo!

@peppercorn78 ah sorry my man, these are all wools for this round. I asked them for all of the heavy stuff. This should be in your hands by the end of February, so still plenty of Winter and early Spring to wear it.

Video number two.. this is the whole lineup...

6. STK_astoria

STK_astoria Well-Known Member

@Epaulet Does Southwick ever change the "SW..." numbering on fabric swatches? I purchased a jacket back in '14 and wouldn't mind picking up matching trousers. Found an image through the wayback machine and am able to confirm the number and to my eye they look the same, but thought I would inquire.

7. Epaulet

I'll be happy to look into that for you. If it's a really basic suiting fabric, than they might be able to do that, especially in a darker color. If you bought something seasonal, then chances are they cleared out that fabric years ago. That's why they give us these discounts twice a year -- they'll try to clean stuff out after 24 months on the shelf.

8. STK_astoria

STK_astoria Well-Known Member

@Epaulet Thanks, Mike. I'm trying to figure out if the current Di Pray Chocolate Multi-Check (SWC085) is the same as Tobacco Color Pop that was on offer back in July '14.

9. Epaulet

@STK_astoria hmm honestly there's a slim chance of that. Most likely there's two dye lots, so even if the pattern is the same, it may or may not match the coat exactly. We can certainly order it for you anyway (and that would make a boss pant regardless), but I can't guarantee that it will work back properly with your jacket.

10. Duke Silver

Duke Silver Senior Member

Anyone else unable to access the site?

11. L.I.T.

L.I.T. Senior Member

All good here

12. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

Super heavyweight Undyed tweed suit ordered! @Epaulet - let me know if there’s anyway at all to turn it into a double breasted...

:slayer:

13. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

Putting two and two together here, should we expect a fair selection of the more intensely coloured courduroys from Hertling to go on EFF sometime in the (near?) future? I remember you said they weren't planning on bringing them back after this season.

14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

EP camel hair SC and mocha donegal trews.

26C6BCB7-13E1-4CDD-A90C-F3F0936BD917.jpeg DB49C98C-FA59-4E25-9ABD-EEB5F6FF326A.jpeg

15. tshear

tshear New Member

@Epaulet I messaged you on Monday about my Hertling order, and you said, "Thank you! I know that we've got a box en-route this week.. I have a call scheduled with Hertling in the morning to see if your pants are inside that. Will advise."

Do you have an update? (I DM'ed you on Wednesday, but still haven't heard back.)

Thanks!