1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. sfactor23

sfactor23 Senior member

Details, please!!!! :)

2. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

+1! the XS shirts sell out extremely fast. if i don't pounce within the first couple hours, usually they are gone. even now, there are only a few shirts remaining in XS on the web store. a pre-order with swatches would be great.

3. leftofthedial

leftofthedial Senior member

Last edited: Jan 21, 2012
  4. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

That pindot chambray...

5. knapper

knapper New Member

I just received my first pair of Epaulet Walts in slate Donegal, and have to say I am very pleased with the quality of the fabric and construction of the pant. The fit was however a bit of a surprise for me, as I am not used to having such well fitted trousers. They feel great when standing up, but become almost skin tight in the thigh when sitting with a leg crossed. I am 6'2", 170 lbs, take a 40L jacket and 32 pants. I bought these in 32 (TTS).

It may be possible that this is just what pants are supposed to fit like, and my other pants are entirely too large for me, so I ask you for advice. I am looking for something that fits well, but do not want something inappropriately slim for a professional environment.

[​IMG][​IMG]

6. ThomSquared

ThomSquared Senior member

Yeah I've got the pindot, so nice in person, I highly recommend it. That ocean chambray is kind of sexy.

7. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

I might have to pull the plug on the Small even though the chest and the shoulders are both an inch larger than what fits me perfect.
    Thoughts? Shall i do it?

It's Context's measurements that are really throwing me off because they say the chest of the Small pindot chambray is 19.5".

8. ThomSquared

Being that I haven't seen a single Gitman stockist carry the polka dot chambray in anything smaller than a S (I have only seen 4 carry it) I would suggest buying it.

9. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Context actually has XS along with S but they show different measurements.

10. ThomSquared

I don't see xs being available.

11. mrpo0nani

mrpo0nani Senior member

Woah, it literally just sold out in the size. They are all selling out, jesus.

12. bl@ster

bl@ster Senior member

Why doesn't Epaulet restock the Smith jeans?

13. poly800rock

poly800rock Senior member

I got one last year, it's awesome.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Weird, no idea where they're getting that. It's definitely measuring out at 19" for me. It's a pretty awesome shirt.

Ah sorry, our denim line - at least for the moment - is totally discontinued. If I can find a good production partner down the road then we may put them back into work in the future.

But, we're going full-force with chinos, so they'll hopefully be a good, non-denim alternative for you.

Oh man, Ocean Chambray is so good! It's very lightweight though, just as a heads-up.

15. scb

scb Senior member

16. meso

meso Senior member

Was toying around with picking up that same shoe, different size. Can anybody check in with a report on fit?

17. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

A few photos from a recent trip.

Walt Pale Grape Herringbone. Really like how these are purple, but really just ever so slightly so.

[​IMG]

Walt Navy Donegal Tweed.
    [​IMG]

Both Walts are very comfortable in warmer weather, though worn inside on the whole. The herringbone has a softer feel than the tweed, but both are fantastic fabrics with a nice weight to them.

Other items are J Press jacket, MTO shirts, and a pair of AE loafers.

Enjoying the Walts immensely.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  18. ryosuke

ryosuke Senior member

Can people school me on the Epaulet trouser fits? I'm looking for a slim fit with a bit of taper that I can dress up or down with. Is it Rudy, Walt or Rivet Chino for me? Thanks in advance.

19. Doctor

Doctor Senior member

Walt.

Unless you're aware that you have chunkier thighs/junk than most.

20. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Hmm, there's a very good chance that it will. Almost everyone bought the same size in this item as they would with the Barrie last.

The usual equation is to go up a half size to compensate for a width change. On some shapes, this is problematic because the shoe becomes too long. But, given the lace to toe nature of this item, I think that you're pretty safe. Even if the boot is long, the lacing is so extensive that you shouldn't slide around. You probably won't notice it at all.

Nice, thanks for picking them up - and thanks for posting the pics!

The Walt is most likely your ticket. That's going to be slim and tapered, and nearly every walt can be dressed up or down.

The Rivet Chino is a more casual piece, but plenty of my customers have no problem wearing it as a business-casual item. It depends on how formal your workplace is. But the fit should definitely work for you as well.