• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Thefenceposts

Reaction score
Would love a dark grey herringbone as well. Oddly, I get some ivy / sack jacket vibes from the shape as well, just a more modern take on it.

@Thefenceposts thanks for asking, I just put in a new order last week. Should arrive in about a month. We're doing:

1) Russet Tweed: really awesome mid-weight heathered brown-red from Woolrich
2) Small restock of Loden Donegal
3) Oxford Grey Melton: same mixture as the Camel, perfect mid grey tone
4) Burgundy Solid Tweed: impossibly boss, Scottish cloth

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@Epaulet -

Saw the Hertling promo email on cotton trousers. Is it possible to get side tabs on these? I don’t see the option field in the online item.

@nd1nd2nd3 officially no, but for you guys, we can do it at that promo price with NO upcharge. They've got a lull in work, so we're doing this to drum up some volume for them this week at an easy price point.

If you want side tabs, just put this into checkout notes

"STYLEFORUM FREE SIDE TABS"

We can do this on any shape except the Gable. Orders have to be in by Thursday midnight, as they'll start allocating them Friday morning.

Would love a dark grey herringbone as well. Oddly, I get some ivy / sack jacket vibes from the shape as well, just a more modern take on it.

@Thefenceposts yeah, you're definitely right, it does give off that vibe a bit. These are going to be all of the remaining fabrics for this season, but I think that they're going to make up beautifully.

thatboyo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When is the cord/cotton promo from September supposed to ship out?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
When is the cord/cotton promo from September supposed to ship out?

@thatboyo from Hertling? Pretty much all in the next week, we got a bunch of them a few days ago, that's where the photos came from...

Cord Group NL.jpg

THAT BROWN GABLE THOOOO

Duke Silver

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I can't take a picture now because they're at the tailor being hemmed, but for anyone who wants to pick up one of the cottons on special, the brushed mushroom fabric gets a resounding thumbs up from me. Great shade, the hand is exceptionally soft and there's just the slightest textural element to add a little visual interest.

apolloali

Reaction score
I'm def excited for the splatter shirt, @Epaulet. But I would love to receive the custom shirt by December 15th or so, cuz I'm going to Pakistan for three weeks and attending some weddings — does that seem realistic with figuring out fitting? How long is the turnaround?

Hiamosey

Reaction score
That Teal is so tempting. I feel like I've gone overboard on Cord in the last few weeks though.

Plumluck

Reaction score
Just got my raisin doyle and I'm in love with this thing. I'm usually a 33-34 in pants, and wondering about getting the 35 and bringing in the waist.

Also, round 2 Sinclairs sound dope! Looks like the perfect sport coat to wear with denim. Pls make a brown/black houndstooth!

dcjohnson

Reaction score
With the Hertling promo can we modify the rise of the trousers or is that a mod too far?

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Herringbone Sinclairs came in today, and wow, these are awesome. Considering how much some companies that trade in workwear charge for this type of thing, the Sinclair is an excellent value. Beyond that, the design is just excellent - it's so versatile! I may have to post some fit pics as I can't choose between two sizes. The smaller fits better in the shoulder but a slim through the chest and waist, the larger is a little roomy throughout, so jsut a bit off the shoulders. Overall the latter feels a lot more comfortable but it definitely doesn't give a sportcoat vibe. Maybe I could nip the lower back/waist just a bit for some shape without touching the chest, which needs the room.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Michigan Planner awesome, that looks SO good. It's great that they bought into that fabric this year, getting HT in a unique pattern is tough. Deets on the watch?

It’s a Longines Heritage 1973 with a columnwheel chronograph movement.

363BEF12-2166-4FAD-8EF3-C7AC776C7F31.jpeg

D0D17D1F-7652-4E89-B2E2-BDC7F77B338F.jpeg

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Do most people take the same size in the Driggs trouser as the Walt?

If your Walt is tight in the thighs or seat size up. I size up anyways as I find Driggs a bit smaller in the thigh and really overall. I do love the tapered leg however.

Bringing in the waist is about as easy as it gets too. The Driggs is a nice trouser for a casual style IMO. Great for cords.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics