• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

jah786

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Just did a cool instagram live dual feed with Epaulet where we talked about the special Wilhelm jean that Epaulet did for American Trench. It's a beautiful cross hatch denim from Japan with tonal stitching. It will look great with a blazer for going out to events but also will also look great for kicking around in. If you are of the big leg tribe and want to try a pair, use code WILHELM for 15% off.

wilhelm jeans folded_mc.jpg

Staxxx1

Reaction score
I missed the preorder too....didn't even know of Epaulet then. LOL!
Now my brother even swipes stuff from under my nose. Both great fans!

apolloali

Reaction score
Wait, also, I just impulse bought my first two epaulet shirts. I got the Capri in XL and then a custom shirt in grey oxford with bond button down. But now I don't know if I want a more custom shirting size, cause maybe I'm between sizing. Also need to know if I picked the right buttons, collar, cuff, etc. Mike, can I email you to confirm? Or maybe on insta? I figure with Capri I can always return or exchange too.

ALso, here's me in chinatown in my American Trench sashiko + NF Ryu Denim + Club monaco sweater. I'm becoming a real Epaulet stan, I think.

IMG_4149.jpg

IMG_4132.JPG

Last edited:

Blastwice

Reaction score
Harris Tweed Doyle: Best lightweight wool coat ever. The tweed is gorgeous. It's like 80 here, otherwise I'd be wearing this thing constantly. If you're on the fence and like tweeds, just do it.

Southwicks: The Pewter Garnet wool-silk-cash turned out to be an INCREDIBLE 3pc suit. Pants are headed back to Southwicks for a fix, but meanwhile I keep donning the vest and coat to admire them. It was a toss up vs "Ultimate Speckle" wool-silk-cash (I mean, with a name like that), but really glad I went with the Pewter Garnet-- there's just enough garnet to make it look almost metallic black from afar, but then you get up close and it's like stars in a night sky or something. Also, 3pc suit MTM is just the best thing-- like the way a perfectly fitting vest adds that inset button above the jacket buttons when everything's buttoned up... It's just sharp and you never see it. I'm almost afraid to wear this thing, like, am I drawing a line in the sand? I feel like if people see me in this thing their expectations are going to rise beyond where the rest of my closet is.

Thefenceposts

Reaction score
Okay - I'll ask since no one else has. What's next for the Sinclair? Given how well they seem to have sold - any chance you start making lengths?

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speaking of Harris Tweed, my forest green tartan sportcoat from the last round of EFFs came in yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous and it fits perfectly right out of the box. I love that I've been able to zero in on my size perfectly.

92E3ABCD-3E3D-4B9C-BECD-68C3B128B1ED.jpeg

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All the Harris Tweed project preorders are shipping today!

We have five units of open stock as well, mostly singles per size. They're available here at $345 if you want one. This fabrics is zapped, so there shan't be a restock...

Harris_Doyle_Main_16ab92be-d082-40f2-b55b-ed4099c3866b_2048x.jpg

DOYLE JACKET MID-WEIGHT HARRIS TWEED: $345
If a 46 ever existed and you get one back, sign me up. :(

nd1nd2nd3

Reaction score
@Epaulet -

Saw the Hertling promo email on cotton trousers. Is it possible to get side tabs on these? I don’t see the option field in the online item.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I missed the preorder too....didn't even know of Epaulet then. LOL!
Now my brother even swipes stuff from under my nose. Both great fans!

Haha thank both of you so much! @Staxxx1

Wait, also, I just impulse bought my first two epaulet shirts. I got the Capri in XL and then a custom shirt in grey oxford with bond button down. But now I don't know if I want a more custom shirting size, cause maybe I'm between sizing. Also need to know if I picked the right buttons, collar, cuff, etc. Mike, can I email you to confirm? Or maybe on insta? I figure with Capri I can always return or exchange too.

ALso, here's me in chinatown in my American Trench sashiko + NF Ryu Denim + Club monaco sweater. I'm becoming a real Epaulet stan, I think.

View attachment 1071023

View attachment 1071024

@apolloali thank you so much, and we can absolutely use the Capri shirt to guide your custom makeup. I think that you'll love it on its own merits too -- that splatter pattern is boss.

Harris Tweed Doyle: Best lightweight wool coat ever. The tweed is gorgeous. It's like 80 here, otherwise I'd be wearing this thing constantly. If you're on the fence and like tweeds, just do it.

Southwicks: The Pewter Garnet wool-silk-cash turned out to be an INCREDIBLE 3pc suit. Pants are headed back to Southwicks for a fix, but meanwhile I keep donning the vest and coat to admire them. It was a toss up vs "Ultimate Speckle" wool-silk-cash (I mean, with a name like that), but really glad I went with the Pewter Garnet-- there's just enough garnet to make it look almost metallic black from afar, but then you get up close and it's like stars in a night sky or something. Also, 3pc suit MTM is just the best thing-- like the way a perfectly fitting vest adds that inset button above the jacket buttons when everything's buttoned up... It's just sharp and you never see it. I'm almost afraid to wear this thing, like, am I drawing a line in the sand? I feel like if people see me in this thing their expectations are going to rise beyond where the rest of my closet is.

@Blastwice so great to hear that you're so pleased with everything.. thanks as always!

I am so excited to get my Harris Tweed Doyle in the mail today. It will be my second Doyle; my first was the Madras. Which I wore yesterday.

View attachment 1071044

@philipneri awesome, excited to hear what you think of it!

Okay - I'll ask since no one else has. What's next for the Sinclair? Given how well they seem to have sold - any chance you start making lengths?

@Thefenceposts thanks for asking, I just put in a new order last week. Should arrive in about a month. We're doing:

1) Russet Tweed: really awesome mid-weight heathered brown-red from Woolrich
2) Small restock of Loden Donegal
3) Oxford Grey Melton: same mixture as the Camel, perfect mid grey tone
4) Burgundy Solid Tweed: impossibly boss, Scottish cloth

Wore my Harris Tweed Doyle yesterday. It was amazing. That is all.

@CharlieAngel fantastic.. glad that you like it! Finally cold enough here for it too

Speaking of Harris Tweed, my forest green tartan sportcoat from the last round of EFFs came in yesterday. Absolutely gorgeous and it fits perfectly right out of the box. I love that I've been able to zero in on my size perfectly.

View attachment 1071139

@Michigan Planner awesome, that looks SO good. It's great that they bought into that fabric this year, getting HT in a unique pattern is tough. Deets on the watch?

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads