1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. cattitude

cattitude Senior Member

Thanks - I missed out on these and I thought a 34 would work, but not sure about the thigh now. I may still give it a whirl if it pops up in stock and hope that this fabric stretches.

2. rbarthel

rbarthel Senior Member

I think my pair must have just been a mistake? Idk, they seem to be way out of spec and so far I'm the only one complaining about it. Hopefully it's just a one-off.

Good news for everyone else though is that there will soon be another Raisin Sashiko Doyle 40 back in circulation

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018 at 10:41 AM

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@Plumluck nope we got it.. shipping that all today along with Harris Tweed and Banana Doyle's!

@Hiamosey that's so great to hear, would love to see pics if you have a chance!

@suuteebird way too freaking rad... love this whole look!

@Blastwice thanks for all of the support and the great feedback.. enjoy all of those pieces!

@Alarcon very cool, glad that it arrived safely. The Gunmetal/Raisin jackets are cut a little bit bigger than the OG Indigo one, so you should have some more room in the newer product, all things being equal. No need to wash the pants before hemming, they are already totally preshrunk. But you'll want to wear them for an hour or so to get an idea for their true length.. more on that below:

@rbarthel my apologies for the jacket shipping mishap, we'll get that sorted for you immediately. PM me with your name or order number.

For the EZ Pants, we sent a group email out, but it may have gotten routed to your spam folder. The fabric contracted a lot with the wash, but it is absolutely going to stretch out in the width. Wear the pants around your house for an hour or so. You can even stick your hands inside the legs and stretch them that way. It's not unlike a fleece pant.

The lower body puts a lot more stress on the garment. Just like your average jean stretches out but jean jackets do not, you should expect that the EZ Pant will give (within reason) in the areas where it fits close with just some wear. When you wash it, it will contract a bit again and then flex out with a bit of wear. I have a fairly close fit even in the khaki EZ pants, and I was able to comfortably wear the Sashiko after about 15 min. Don't judge it entirely from the first try.

@rbarthel excellent.. glad that you're pleased with it!

4. suuteebird

suuteebird Senior Member

E7654326-F0F5-4E5A-BDBA-7341A3E1B85B.jpeg 293AF8ED-250D-4018-9B65-8911B7EC7C15.jpeg
    Quick pics of today’s arrival: Currant 3 pc suit.

5. Alarcon

Alarcon Well-Known Member

FYI, I didn't see any email about the pants either - maybe something went wrong in the sending?

6. GGMac

GGMac Senior Member

A few quick shots of the Cinnamon Sashiko. It came out phenomenally IMO. I find the size 40 fits pretty spot on to my Indigo Sashiko in size 40.

41E49B74-0E1E-4065-BB72-7FF381D51B25.jpeg
    B5272B1F-3CD4-42B0-AFFD-DD41D9382AFD.jpeg
    9263B078-3B59-452F-B90A-6E0C652BD751.jpeg

7. Staxxx1

Staxxx1 Senior Member

Can't believe my brother pipped me to buying a piece from the website! LOL . I didn't even know he was after it!
    Here I am, 5000 miles away, thinking I was communicating with the boss, who was too busy to respond to a few DMs; while my bro actually found out who the real boss was :)
    Way to go Adele! Anyway, I get them if he doesn't like them....

8. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Distinguished Member

9. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Got a pair of the camo Jungle Pants in and the fabric and the design are nice! First Jungle Pants for me.

But I have to say:
    AN12.jpg

10. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

I happen to agree. Would buy those camo jungle pants if they were not so tapered.

11. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

12. FrankCowperwood

You're not helping.

;)

13. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

Haha it's true...how about we compromise and Mike introduces a non tapered model while keeping the tapered option!

14. FrankCowperwood

You know, the taper obviously sells, and Mike's gotta move units. It's all for the greater good.

15. not a clue

not a clue Member

@Epaulet any idea when the Sinclair in chocolate moleskin will be restocked? I took too long to decide and now my size is out.