1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Puchases through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

1. Blastwice

Blastwice Senior Member

@Epaulet No problem man. My assumption was no-shows. It's just blueballs to the max to get a shipment notification and then waiting 2 days when I know its sitting in your studio half an hour away. Anyway, they're already in my mailbox now, apparently. Can't wait to Kapok it up and Southwicks just shipped a few things too. I'm about to be inundated and it's going to be fantastic.

Edit: Although I hope my 31 shishiko EZ Pants fit, because I'm pretty sure by the time I try them on to check there won't be any more 32s left to exchange with.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018

2. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Quick heads up: we have a little bit of open stock in the Gunmetal Sashiko Doyle and the Gunmetal Sashiko EZ pant. More so in the Doyle.. the pants are down to nearly single units per size. If you want a whole suit and we have your sizes in both items, I'd recommend to pick it up today.

Also, one of our friends Hamid Holloman did this absolutely sick custom patchwork modification on one of the American Trench sashiko jackets. It runs about $150 for the work and he does it all by hand. If you have one of our Sashiko jackets and you're interested in something similar then definitely drop him a line. It came out bonkers!

IMG_2166.jpg IMG_2145.PNG IMG_2144.PNG

3. greenhouse

greenhouse Senior Member

@Epaulet ping on this

4. Plumluck

Plumluck Well-Known Member

Guessing raisin is still not in?

5. Hiamosey

Hiamosey Senior Member

Sinclair's arrived today.

Honestly, they're perfect.

6. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

Mine shipped earlier this week and is scheduled to arrive today so it looks like they are trickling in.

7. suuteebird

suuteebird Senior Member

FEAA0597-B912-4441-BA6A-B1DD95AC0288.jpeg 7FAF0790-229D-43B1-9893-2D341DD8D1BF.jpeg
    EZ day at the office. Sashiko and stingrays.

8. trig

trig Distinguished Member

9. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

10. Blastwice

Blastwice Senior Member

Quick feedback before I head to worklife:

1. Sashiko EZ Pants are incredibly boss. Sizing down from 32 --> 31 seems like it was the right thing to do for me. Just total knocked-out-of-the-park comfort-- like PJs, almost.
    2. Kapok Cinnamon Sash-- What a cool color. 10/10 would cinnamon again.
    3. Black Moleskin Jungle Pants are thicker than I expected, but didn't have time to try them on. Assuming they fit the same as my other JP, the black moleskin seems super luxe.

11. Alarcon

Alarcon Well-Known Member

My raisin sashiko suit just arrived - it's pretty great. The jacket is what I expected (I have a navy sashiko doyle already), but I'm really surprised by just how good the pants are.

It was the jacket that I really wanted and I bought the pants on a whim - but if I had to return one of them, I'd return the jacket. Speaking of which the jacket is a *little* snug, having gained a few pounds since I placed the order (dangers of preordering). It looks fine unbuttons, but is a little tight buttoned. Not sure whether to keep it, see if there's a 44 available, or hold on to it.

Question: How do you think I should wash the pants before hemming?

12. rbarthel

rbarthel Senior Member

Just got my Raisin sashiko suit, only they shipped me a 40 instead of 42 for the Doyle and the EZ pants are cut slimmer than my Walt trousers :(

Maybe i just got a mis-marked pair of 34s? From the crotch seam straight across the thigh is only just 12 inches instead of the expected 13.25.

Cool fabric but unwearable

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018

13. rbarthel

rbarthel Senior Member

Forgot to mention, also got a blue cord Sinclair (it is actually both marked and sized correctly): tits. Very cool, it will be a nice holiday outfit piece.

14. cattitude

cattitude Senior Member

How does the waist measure on the 34?

15. rbarthel

rbarthel Senior Member

A bit under spec but not much, 17.25-17.5. The waist fits more or less, the legs/seat are like yoga pants.

Image.jpg