1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Samir

Samir Senior member

2. Spencer

Spencer Senior member

This is a good comaprison. I used to fit a L in Gitman well, now it's too big for me. I have some Epaulet XL's and more latley L. I think an XL in Epaulet will be slightly more fitted than the Gitman, but in a better way.

3. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

[​IMG]

Photo from the weekend in my Walt horizontal corduroys. I haven't had them altered. Wanted to start wearing them right away. So I'm just turning up the cuff, which I think isn't quite ideal. Seems to cause the bottom of the trouser to taper a little. Simple answer is getting them altered, of course. Any thoughts on going cuff or no cuff. I'm generally a no cuff guy, which is almost certainly more appropriate for these trousers. Otherwise, a matter of taste, I'm sure. But any thoughts are welcome.

4. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

Always cuff when you can - 1.5" to 2" in this case - I would definitely cuff those. Looks better plus if/when they last a long time, you can have them re-hemmed without the cuffs and have a clean bottom hem.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2012
  5. Caveat

Caveat Senior member

It's personal preference and depends on your own style and what you wear them with, etc. Definitely not an absolute like "always cuff" and doesn't necessarily look better at all.

6. captainfunk

captainfunk Senior member

I think those cuffs looks pretty good, especially with that corduroy.

7. APK

APK Senior member

Are club collar shirts ever coming back? I've grown a recent... fondness for them.

edit: to clarify on willy's comment - Are Epaulet club collar shirts ever coming back?

Last edited: Jan 16, 2012
    1 person likes this.
  8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Senior member

Thanks, gents. I think I may get them cuffed in that 1.5" to 2" range. For something a little different.

9. applky

applky Senior member

^ That'd look great with those particular cords, too.

10. Duppy

Duppy Well-Known Member

Wearing the Navy Donegal Walts for the first time. These pants are great Mike. I was initally hesitant with the fit, as my Rivets fit me a lil too close for comfort. However, ordered a 33 and totally in love with the fit and quality. You've got me hooked and looking to see what other fabrics you'll offer. :D

11. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

^ Be prepared to buy at least 6 more pairs in the next few months, they are addicting.

I just got my Navy Canvas Service pants and British Khaki Rivets yesterday, and man are these the shit. I had to size up from my usual Rudy size in order for my thighs to fit, but now these are by far the best-fitting chinos i've ever had. I never used to like wearing chinos because everything in my size was always so big and baggy, I never thought a pair of casual chinos could fit like these...slim but not skinny. Ideally, I would maybe like the waist to be a half inch smaller for a perfect fit, but that's splitting hairs at this point. I'm sure I will be ordering more as soon as the next Rivet shipment comes in. Oh yeah, that natty CXL belt is awesome too...wearing it today already :D

12. Dbear

Dbear Senior member

Any details on this stuff?
    You said the twill is coming back, but is it only the olive color? Any new colors in the heavyweight twill? Khaki-toned twill?
    Or is the new khaki-toned heavyweight the duck canvas?

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  13. uninkco

uninkco Senior member

Hey Mike, I know you stated that there will be a "huge-ass" chino restock late Feb and I was wondering if that will also include trousers as well?

Definitely going to pick up the gunmetal but wanted to prep in case you had something exciting for that time.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  14. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Haha, I like that "JNCO" still endures to describe horrifically ill-fitting pants. It's a timeless reference at this point.

Sorry to hear about the trouser disaster, we can get you sorted out with some new ones.

Pink shirts are pretty brilliant, they really work with most people's skin tones. We gotta bring some back for the Spring.

Wow, those came out great!

Very nice, thanks for picking them up. They look boss with the Indy Boots.

Haha, don't worry, I give you a no going out of style guarantee

Thanks for picking them up, the boots look great!

Oh man, that stinks. I've put horrendous scratches into my shell shoes as well. I'd echo the other members and encourage you to contact B.Nelson. Nick is a great guy, and he'd probably best qualified to give you advice on fixing them or minimizing the appearance. The Saddle is going to get a lot darker with wear, so the scratch will be less noticeable with time.

We're going to keep the Rivet Chino the same for 2012, but we'll definitely introduce several cotton walt trousers, which might do the job for you.

Great seeing in Florence! And thanks for the drinks!

Exactly. Printed shirts = a big FTW.

They're not for everyone, but we've sold a ton of the Liberty shirts. They're a great way to punch out your look, and I love them as the only punk rock item in an otherwise conservative outfit. I also remember selling four of them in one afternoon to a Brazilian psychedelic ska band.

15. MacktasticGDogg

MacktasticGDogg Senior member

When will some cotton Walts be showing up? I love my Rivet chinos but my favorite pair of pants is the Cramerton Walt. I would love to add a few more cotton Walt trousers.

16. blc456

blc456 Senior member

I just saw in Epaulet's signature that Styleforum members have a 14 day return policy on pants? I really want to try them out, but the price hinders me a little with an exchange only policy.

Just want to make sure I am reading that correctly because I will order up a pair tonight if that is the case! :)

17. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

^Yes sir. Buy away. Get your money back if needed.

18. oisin

oisin Senior member

Just noticed the Danner boots hit the sale page. I dunno about the Lownsdale version, but the regular mountain light 2 is awesome, and $231 for it seems like a good deal (especially because, as I said in an earlier post, the leather looks nicer than the flat brown I have). I was just wearing mine in Chicago actually with a fairly dressed up outfit of epaulet gear (it was snowing!) and a guy in a store commented on how I was wearing a fashionable look, except my boots actually looked used. Anyway, if you want a real hiking boot that also looks awesome, I recommend them. But know there is some serious break in required. Backs of my ankles killed me every time I wore them for weeks after I first got them, but now they are super comfortable.

19. scb

scb Senior member

the danners are the EE width, right?

Last edited: Jan 18, 2012
  20. jiomitori

jiomitori Senior member

Any cotton Rudy's in the picture?