Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Just dropped mine off to be hemmed. Awesome material and a great color. Think it was a 192 degrees F in Houston today so I don't expect to wear these for awhile

2. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

apparently i do this shit all wrong....my jeans never get nice fades...

3. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Haha, absolutely. If you ever want to send a dozen lobster rolls my way, that would be pretty ace :)

Yup, we'll have two price levels - wool waistcoats (including Brn Houndstooth) will be $245, and Moleskin Waistcoats will be $225. They're dope! They have proper labels, side adjustment tabs, and four front pockets (two flaps on the bottom, two welts on the top). They have way more presence than a vest, so they'll be no danger of looking like FutureSex/LoveSounds-era Justin Timberlake if you wear them with denim or casual trousers.

Thank you!

Whoa, thanks for posting up the pics - they look great!

Just received new black CXL penny loafers and Natural CXL belts today. I'll put them up with a quickness tomorrow.

We're expecting our first big shirt delivery either Friday of this week or Tuesday of next. Trousers are still about 4 weeks out, and chinos should ship from LA any day now. We got some really boss cufflinks today too, I'll get those online shortly. If anyone owns an English bulldog out there, you'll never be able to resist the bulldog cufflinks that we received. Holy god, they're so good.

Yeah, I wish I was more on top of the swatch scanning and posting. I'd like to start doing it again, but I'm trying to invest most of my time in getting product shot and put online. And doing natural light and fit pics for everything. In the past, we'd only have about 30% of the store available through the site. I'm trying to get 100% up this season, so that we can offer the widest possible assortment. But I'll see what I can do :)

Natural CXL coming tomorrow :devil:

Thanks, glad that you like them!

The answer depends on how much snow trudging you aim to do. I intended the Thorogood 685 to be a versatile year-round boot. It's not waterproof, and it's not insulated. This is because true waterproof/insulated pieces are pretty hot. That's great if you're outside for long stretches of time, but it's a pain if you're inside and wearing your boots to work or to class.

With the Pecards leather dressing, you can absolutely wear these in the snow or rain. They're really tough too - they can take it. They'll stand up to the elements as much as a Red Wing / Alden Indy / Wolverine 1000 mile, and with their comfort and lower price point, a lot of people like beating them in and exposing them to the elements. There's nothing to ruin - that sole is tough, the leather is really rugged, and they're goodyear storm welted.

That said, most people wearing them in lousy weather are going to commute in them. Or walk around town with them. They're strong enough against the elements to be outside, but not so rugged that you can't wear them inside. But if you wear them outside for a long time, and it's bitterly cold, your feet are going to be cold. If you wear them in really deep snow drifts, the boots will be fine, but eventually some snow will get inside and get your feet wet. I wore my 685's for a good portion of last winter, but when it snowed like hell in NYC and we were buried for a week, I broke out the LL Bean boots. Once the sidewalks were shoveled, the 685's came out again. Hope that answers it!

4. rennavate

rennavate Senior member

I think you just convinced me to order these babies. I work downtown (and drive to public transit station and take the bus), so it's not like I'm really wading through feet upon feet of snow. True to size?

5. Epaulet

Hey guys, I put up our first Fall delivery from Ben Sherman Modern Classics.

First up is their slim-fit oxford in Grey and White. It's a cool repro piece that's an homage to their original 1960's buttondown collar shirt. It's made in the UK of a nice beefy cloth, and the fit is very similar to our in-house shirts. They made 100 units per color, and each shirt is individually numbered. Comes in a cool gift box too! The body cut on this is long, so you'll most likely need to tuck it in if you're not taller than 5'9" or so.

[​IMG]
    Ben Sherman Modern Classics Grey Oxford: $150

[​IMG]
    Ben Sherman Modern Classics Grey Oxford: $150

And, we received a really nice dark Navy Fisherman's sweater. If you size down one from Epaulet shirts, the fit on this thing is pretty perfect.

[​IMG]
    Ben Sherman Modern Classics Dark Navy Fisherman's Crewneck Sweater: $200

6. nbernie

nbernie Senior member

Mike, is there any gray glen plaid in store for this year's trousers? Also is the grape flannel in the delivery in four weeks?
    Also, a light gray moleskin would be doooope.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011

7. MIKE_JE

MIKE_JE Senior member Affiliate Vendor

Someone beat me to the Unfinished Bridle Leather Single Prong in 32. Are you going to do a re-stock of those? I particularly like them because they age so nicely.

Although, I'll keep my eyes open for the natural chromexcel belts tomorrow.

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

9. samsterdam

samsterdam Senior member

10. Epaulet

YES! Super-luxe fabric, in a really subtle, tonal grey plaid. It's gonna be gorgeous. Should be here in about three weeks.

Ah, man Grey Moleskin would be so tight! Unfortunately, our UK fabric supplier doesn't do that. We'll fully restock Olive and Navy within the next few weeks too, and run those colors - plus Tan - for the whole season.

Ah sorry about that, it was a belt Armageddon with our last e-mail newsletter. We'll restock that shortly though - probably about two-three weeks. The Unfinished belts are ace, and I'll try to keep them in stock at all times, as much as possible.

Natural CXL is actually arriving today - I should be able to shoot them and get them online tonight. We're getting a pretty limited run, so definitely grab one sooner than later if you're planning on it. I'll restock them, but that's probably about 6-8 weeks away after this delivery.

Oh man, I love it. BS Modern Classics really delivers on their pieces. The hand on it is super-nice, and we've actually sold about six of them in our stores - which is kind of crazy for it being August.

11. Epaulet

12. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Damn, the grey plaid trousers sound great! Can't wait to see what those look like. Also looking forward to a pair of tan moleskins...will those be restocked in both the Walt and Rudy fit? Every time I check the website I look at the tan moleskins hoping that there's going to be more sizes available, but it looks like most have been out of stock for a while.

13. Epaulet

Very cool! You know, we actually stopped running the Moleskin's in Rudy fit. The fabric is so thick that the leg makes up larger than the other fabrics that we use. Most Rudy fit customers - including me - have no problem wearing the Walt in moleskin. We've got every walt size in stock except 28 at the moment.

14. Epaulet

15. TopHatCat

TopHatCat Active Member

Oh cool, I was just looking up this line.

If this is your first delivery, does this mean you're getting in other pieces from the Modern Classics collection?