• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you like it fit wise compare to the rivet?

Jungle > Rivet. No question.

Even though I keep buying them, the rise on the Rivet is too low for what I really like but I know that's a personal preference.

CanadaCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jungle > Rivet. No question.

Even though I keep buying them, the rise on the Rivet is too low for what I really like but I know that's a personal preference.

How are the legs/thigh in comparison? I too love the river but wish I had a bit more rise and a hair more thigh.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How are the legs/thigh in comparison? I too love the river but wish I had a bit more rise and a hair more thigh.

The thighs feel a bit more full than the Rivets but I sized up from what I would normally take and had the waist and seat nipped and taken in a little bit. I have big thick thighs and calves though from years of running and cycling though so there's always sort of a trade off when I am looking at casual chinos, whether it's the Rivet or some other brand. I haven't tried the Wilhelm jean since I don't really need any more denim but based on the measurements and my thighs and how I like the rise in these the Wilhelm would probably be perfect for me.

FWIW, over the past few years my favorite casual pants have been the the RRL "Officer Chino" and I've worn them more than any of my other casual pants, especially just around the house or playing with my kids and these will definitely give them a run for their money in terms of how often they get worn.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet dang it. Okay ordered. ;) Are you available on weekends? Next time you're up in ktown, hit me up and we'll go get KBBQ. :p

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
New Doyle's are online!

We have 15% off all stock outerwear too.. including Pine, Sapphire, Dean's Nuts, etc... just use the code doyle15

Navy Sueded Flannel Main.jpg
Doyle Mist Moleskin Main.jpg
Port Wine Basketweave Canvas Front.jpg

radfad20000`

Reaction score
I typically wear Sandows or Taylors. 32, or 33. 32 fits best at this point(more trim). I saw a nice pair of 33 Walts on grailed and was wondering how the fit compared? Large thighs and ass are my problem. Any input would be great.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I typically wear Sandows or Taylors. 32, or 33. 32 fits best at this point(more trim). I saw a nice pair of 33 Walts on grailed and was wondering how the fit compared? Large thighs and ass are my problem. Any input would be great.

If the fabric is thick like flannel or tweed than it might work, but chances are you're going to find it more fitted in the legs than you'd like. We'll have our Southwick collection online this Saturday, so they'll be a ton of fabrics that you can use for Taylor/Nico/Sandow make-ups.

@Epaulet

Hey Mike

Do these new Doyle's fit similarly to the Sashiko? Or can I take my normal size?

@Hiamosey totally to spec, you can order your regular size. You're going to love them!

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Today will be the first time I'm really wearing (not just tryin on) my Wilhelm jeans. I gotta say, I'm really liking this fit. I think this is the first pair of jeans I've purchased in at least 5yrs that I could tuck a polo into for "casual friday."

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Unboxed fabulous Southwick camel hair sport coat today. Fantastic, though heavier than I expected. Can almost substitute for outerwear on non-precipitous days.

Also wore my pine Doyle today! Works great with polo/jeans/Aldies.

75A1C491-0FBD-4A13-81C0-5AAE94C53D54.jpeg

18642D90-CC1F-4EBF-8048-F529CF504054.jpeg

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unboxed fabulous Southwick camel hair sport coat today. Fantastic, though heavier than I expected. Can almost substitute for outerwear on non-precipitous days.

View attachment 1039396

That sportcoat is awesome! I picked one up a few years back through an earlier EFF and agree that they can work for outerwear. The camel hair is amazingly soft and amazingly warm. I have a hard time wearing mine to the office in the winter because I end up overheating after a little bit but I still find plenty of other occasions to wear it. So versatile!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads