• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

applky

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What I recall was up for discussion, was doing Walt’s in a garment dyed/washed cotton, ala incotex. I’d still be up for that.

My question was more for the typical fall launch like we used to get for Hertling.
But without Julie, you may be correct with the limited fabrics the new guy is stocking.

They had some great cottons the last few yrs, and I stupidly didn’t get enough and bought mostly wool. Well I don’t wear wool as much as I used to anymore.

Oh yes, I had thought you were referring to an in-stock line. I'm also always up for some of these rarer/finer cottons, and the garment dyed/Incotex-esque project for a fall launch sounds intriguing. I'm not sure what the minimums are on that kind of thing, because at least on my part, I'd probably be in for at most one or the other (launch specials or Incotex-type project), and not for both.

flashjack

Reaction score
Debut of my first Doyle jacket, needless to say I now understand the hype.

20180818_122252.jpg

losrockets

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh woah, I love the rich green of yours! Mine has faded to a dusty olive.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They're just a good modern day blazer replacement, since they look so good with biz caz and with jeans and a tee.

For sure, the fatigue jacket is just as good too. I am up to 5 EP jackets with another on the way. I even almost caved on the raisin sashiko.

2018-06-01 16.01.36_edited.jpg

Plumluck

Reaction score
For sure, the fatigue jacket is just as good too. I am up to 5 EP jackets with another on the way. I even almost caved on the raisin sashiko.

View attachment 1021212

You still have time. The raisin is a perfect color, brown/burgundy/plum means itll mix with all kinds of year round and fall colors. How often do you find an easy to wear purple or red jacket?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You still have time. The raisin is a perfect color, brown/burgundy/plum means itll mix with all kinds of year round and fall colors. How often do you find an easy to wear purple or red jacket?

I come for the clothes but I stay for the enabling

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I just ordered my first. The gunmetal sashiko. I have a linen/cotton safari jacket from another maker so I was always worried about too much overlap in terms of usage, but the sashiko fabric is so interesting in casual wear (I used to play judo) and the color/wash seemed so unique. Your in the field report only makes more more excited to get mine.

Debut of my first Doyle jacket, needless to say I now understand the hype.

View attachment 1021093

White Lotus

Reaction score
Got the Raisin Sashiko. Btw its the same sizing as the Canvas and Sapphire Sashikos right? @Epaulet Cause I'm 5'6 150 lbs and I bought a size 38.

Couldn't resist the color and the texture. I think I own 6 french jackets now: Olive Canvas, Navy Sashiko, Sapphire Sashiko, Navy Melton, Cranberry melton and Raisin Sashiko.

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I live in NY, but I kind of want that linen in the fall individualized shirts...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I live in NY, but I kind of want that linen in the fall individualized shirts...

You can wear linen as a layer. And it can stay plenty warm late into the fall East Coast as I’m sure you know. Why not right?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads