• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those grape herringbone trousers sound awesome.

Do you by any chance have swatches of new trousers and shirts that are going to be relased that you could share?

uninkco

Reaction score
Just received the olive gitman vintage in large and from the front, the fit looks fine and slim, but the back looks "fluffy" around my upper to middle back and a bit long... what are some alteration options to get rid problem in the back? I was thinking of sizing down to a medium but I think that might be too tight. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks for the fast shipping Mike!

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just received the olive gitman vintage in large and from the front, the fit looks fine and slim, but the back looks "fluffy" around my upper to middle back and a bit long... what are some alteration options to get rid problem in the back? I was thinking of sizing down to a medium but I think that might be too tight. Any help would be much appreciated.

Darting, probably while removing the box pleat at the same time?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Any plans for Epaulet in-house outerwear this winter? I feel you guys have the perfect slim pea coat just waiting to be made...

Hmm, not under my own design - the only outerwear that I have cooking is the CPO jacket - we'll bring it back in Navy and Grey, and probably add in a special edition or two. The Southwick piece is technically a co-branded style. We'll have a ton of jackets to choose from though. In the world of Peacoats, we'll have an awesome extended-length piece from Schott perfecto.

Thank you! First thing - try wearing the shirt for a day or two. Gitman overdyes that oxford and puts it through a pretty tough washing. It's really stiff and doesn't drape fully when it's "out of the box". If you wear it and break it in a bit, you might find that the lower back sits better. But if it still bothers you after that, some light darting should knock it out. That's exactly what we do with Ashland shirts.

We banged away at product all day here. I should have some new merchandise to show you guys tomorrow! In shirting news, we've got about 600 units (holy ****) shipping next week - which will include the pre-order shadow dot and the new Fall '11 colorway. Lots of exciting stuff coming soon!

Local_Disk

Reaction score

In shirting news, we've got about 600 units (holy ****) shipping next week - which will include the pre-order shadow dot and the new Fall '11 colorway. Lots of exciting stuff coming soon!

Holy crap! I'm excited. I hope the hurricane next week doesn't mess anything up with you guys!

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So those cargo flannel trousers....

Is the flannel similar to the the charcoal flannels from last year? Or are they worsted?

cyc wid it

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Cramertons arrived today and they look/feel solid. Anybody have suggestions/recommendations on how much break to allow for when I take it to the tailor?

bubba04

Reaction score
geez, that was not meant to go here...

Last edited:

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ignore...wrong thread. i'm an idiot

Last edited:

pistolero

Reaction score

Got my brown houndstooth trousers in the mail today...these things are incredible, and will definitely make an ass-kickin suit

+1 to this. I wore my Olive houndstooth trousers today, I actually think these (and the brown houndstooth) are among the most versatile of the bunch. Really excited to complete the suit...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 38.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.2%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.1%

Forum statistics

Threads