Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Sure! And the Tweed topcoat will just come in charcoal herringbone.

2. geoffmartin17

geoffmartin17 Senior member

top-coat sounds great - I hope to give the caine a shot here in the next few days, looks great.

3. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Both are supreme fits.

4. homefloyd

homefloyd Well-Known Member

I'm a slim dude so back pleats are a problem for me too, it creates a ton of billowing. What I have my tailor (mom!) do is put a back seam in and make the box pleat go all the way down so it basically looks like a BoO shirt on the back. There is no extra fabric from the box pleat once that is done. I think a box pleat + darts might look a little silly, like the shirt maker couldn't make up its mind.

5. cl smooth

cl smooth Senior member

hey mike, what's the chino schedule like for right now + fall?

6. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

X-post from WAYWT (again)...

[​IMG]

Sunny Sports Like, Hey Man...Psychedelic Tee
    Epaulet Smith Selvedge
    Low-Top Chucks w. Double Tongue
    Stowa Antea Small Second

EDIT: Oh, and some kindly gentleman in the other thread said it looks like I have breasts. I can assure you I do not—that's the effect of the psychedelic swirl combined with the angle of the picture.
    I like breasts, but I don't have breasts. Can ya dig it, man?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2011

7. pistolero

pistolero Senior member

Wow, this is great news! Really excited about the prospect of a MTO program, that could be next level.

8. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

mike, the tweed topcoat sounds really badass. any estimate when it will drop? i'm a little worried it will be too long for me, so i'll have to see your measurements when they are up. any other new coats coming for the fall?

9. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

Proof positive why you are one of my favorite posters. I love that you could give a fuck about posting a fit that SOME may say is SFsuicide. Keep it up!

10. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Got a bunch coming in about two weeks (navy canvas, khaki canvas, British Khaki, Olive 12oz Twill, Service Pant, Navy Bedford Cord)

Gunmetal and Japanese 12oz restock is planned for around the end of September.

And we'll have some surprises for mid-October!

Oh man, me too - I've been working on it for a few months.

We're going to keep it really easy. We'll start with the Weller Jacket and the Walt trouser. The Walt trouser will be made in its existing pattern in the usual range of sizes. The Weller will have the exact same body shape, but you'll be able to customize certain details of it for the top half of a suit (ticket pocket or no, 3-button, 2-button, 3-roll-2, single or double vents). For a sportcoat, you can get patch pockets, flap pockets, and elbow patches or no.

We'll have a range of fabrics that we can offer - at all different price points. For suiting, there's solids, birdseyes, pinstripes, Price of Wales checks, etc. Plenty of great sportcoat fabrics to choose from too. You can even get a white dinner jacket or a tuxedo! Lead time is really good - only about 4-6 weeks. And everything is done here in the States.

I want to keep the program small, under control, consistent, and reliable. I imagine that most MTO customers will already own a trouser and and probably own a sportcoat too - so they'll be well aware of their size. We'll build out a small online gallery with the fabric options. And any customers visiting the NYC area can come by either store to get sized and see the fabrics in person. Hoping to get this all off the ground sometime in October!

It should be here in early October. The 3/4 length is really versatile. Everyone has their preference of where the coat should fall, but often the R length can work for both shorts and longs - you just need to have the sleeves dialed in.

Outside of the two coats that I mentioned, we've got plenty more coming in. A few styles from Nau, a few from Wellensteyn, Schott and Schott Perfecto jackets, a few more Gant ones, etc. We love outerwear up in here!

11. worakl

worakl Senior member

A tux for upcoming shindigs would be nice. [​IMG]

12. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

Thanks, man. [​IMG]

13. thebunk

thebunk Senior member

I actually just ventured into the WAYWT thread for the first time in a month or so and was quickly reminded why I only visit about 5 entire threads on SF. There are some true douche bags over there.

14. Klemins

Klemins Senior member

Any details/previews of upcoming outerwear?

15. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

Definitely interested in this! This might be a stupid question, but how customizable would the sizing be on a MTO sport coat? For instance, if I was going to get the jacket made in a long size (something like 32" from bottom-of-collar), would I be able to change something like the lapel width as well? Or would that type of customization not be available?