• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

soaped

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When did Walt trousers get a 12.5" rise? Did I miss something. Sizing chart mistake?

theh00d

Reaction score
impulse purchase on the olive hopsack in 29 lol!

Any spring/summer walts 29 in the indigo/blues family :D?

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
impulse purchase on the olive hopsack in 29 lol!

Any spring/summer walts 29 in the indigo/blues family :D?

@theh00d thanks dude! Just this one fabric is getting sold off, we actually don't have any other stock Walt's whatsoever.

Are Rudys making an appearance?

@avsmusic1 yes, but gonna need a bit to figure out what we can sell.

Damnit, got distracted between placing the 38 in my cart and checking out and totally missed it!

Aargh.

@peppercorn78 sorry dude! Should hopefully have some in the other fits

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
MADE IN THE USA?

Hey everyone, wanted to run something by you. I'm planning to overhaul some portions of the website over the next week.. primarily to make it easier to understand for new customers. I'm going to really work to spell out the essentials of what we do in graphics and simple, short statements.

Since our inception, we've only done production in the USA, Canada, UK, and Europe. And these days, really everything is made in the States except for Aero, our sneakers, and Northern Watters sweaters. This is in NO way going to change, and if anything, I'm trying to bring as much production into California as we can. But I'm curious about how strong a selling point it is.

I don't typically communicate this a lot as (1) I feel like our customers largely know it and (2) I think that that products stand on their own without hyping the country of origin too much. But maybe we're missing out by not highlighting it more.

How important is country of origin to you guys? Do you intentionally seek out things that are made domestically? Does the MiUSA aspect of Epaulet clothing impact your satisfaction and decision to buy?

DapperDan08

Reaction score
MADE IN THE USA?

Hey everyone, wanted to run something by you. I'm planning to overhaul some portions of the website over the next week.. primarily to make it easier to understand for new customers. I'm going to really work to spell out the essentials of what we do in graphics and simple, short statements.

Since our inception, we've only done production in the USA, Canada, UK, and Europe. And these days, really everything is made in the States except for Aero, our sneakers, and Northern Watters sweaters. This is in NO way going to change, and if anything, I'm trying to bring as much production into California as we can. But I'm curious about how strong a selling point it is.

I don't typically communicate this a lot as (1) I feel like our customers largely know it and (2) I think that that products stand on their own without hyping the country of origin too much. But maybe we're missing out by not highlighting it more.

How important is country of origin to you guys? Do you intentionally seek out things that are made domestically? Does the MiUSA aspect of Epaulet clothing impact your satisfaction and decision to buy?
I appreciate the question. 6-7 years ago MIUSA felt like a big deal. That’s what drew me to Wolverine, Schott, etc. if by way of your store. Knowing that Hertling is still going in NYC, and that Gitman is in PA and lots of your stuff is made in LA is definitely part of the appeal. But at this point, buying for the brand is more important to me. If it’s good for Epaulet then it’s good for me; I trust that you’ve done your research and have a strong rationale for what you are choosing to make where. Given that, however, I wonder if MICA or MIUSA would be a good selling point for new customers. I can’t see how it’d hurt.

CharlieAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
MADE IN THE USA?

Absolutely. I try to only buy clothing Made in America. Honestly, I've been looking at Rancourt for sneakers lately (similar aesthetic to Epaulet sneakers, made in america, though) as even though I don't mind Portugal/Italy as much, I'd still prefer a domestic product. And you know me, I have something like 15 pairs of Epaulet sneakers. It's not something I choose lightly. :p

I'm looking at my wardrobe today:
Sneakers: Epaulet (Portugal)
Socks: Gustin (japan)
Denim: Brave star (USA)
Belt: Gustin (USA)
boxer briefs: Gustin (USA)
Undershirt: Gustin (USA)
Polo: Gustin (USA)
Cardigan: Gustin (USA)
Motorcycle jacket: Epaulet (USA)

Thinking about my wardrobe in general:
Shirting: 100% USA made, most MTM
Denim: 100% USA, from Japanese selvedge
Trousers and shants: 100% USA. 100% Epaulet (walt + rivets), btw.
Socks: Was all UK (paul smith), but just added these japanese socks from Gustin.
Underwear: 100% USA
Shoes: All Epaulet + 3 pairs of Alden (USA)
The only things I have difficult sourcing are sweaters and outerwear, which, fortunately, are less required here in socal. I've resorted to Pendleton, although imported, as at least it's a USA based company. Non-USA sizing is a difficult chore for me and it seems the few USA based sweaters have sizing that stops just short of my size.

So, yeah, it's definitely important to me. Especially considering much of my wardrobe is made right here in LA, I help support my local economy.

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I generally agree w/ Dan

I will add though that made in US can certainly be a factor that sways me one way or another, or a compelling way to justify a cost delta over an alternative

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For me, that an item is made here in the US is less important than whether it’s made by a factory with humane and ethical business and labor practices. Having said that, the majority of my clothing is made here (EP, Gustin, Alden, Allen Edmonds). the remaining 25% comes from Western Europe (John Lobb, Canterelli, Carmina, Drake’s, etc)

One reason I support EP is because yall share this value.

flashjack

Reaction score
As one of your international customers Mike I'd echo that I place my trust in Epaulet as a brand over where specifically each product is manufactured, I know I'm going to get great service and an awesome product.

bry2000

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Of course MIUSA matters. The overarching trend and movement in this country is populism and nationalism. Strong borders, protecting the American workers and old American industries. As a largely MIUSA brand, Epaulet should capitalize on this sentiment. Epaulet can be the anti-Globalist brand.

jimney

Reaction score

I prefer a domestically made option where available, and typically it communicates to me that things aren't being cost-engineered. I don't think it needs to be the topline, but I do believe it should be listed / made easily discoverable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads