• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Really like a lot of the Gitman Vintage shirts but have yet to find one that fits.

jslade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got back from vacation and had a brand new pair of Epaulet trousers waiting for me. :slayer:

Going to take them to get hemmed ASAP (although I won't be wearing them anytime soon in this weather). Mike - or anyone with experience with the worsted merino wool air force blue trousers - are these dry clean only or machine washable, and how much can I expect them to shrink in length after first wash?

Really an excellent pair of trousers, and I can't wait for them to see some action once the weather starts to cool down.

Last edited:

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

Mike,

Any idea when the brown houndstooth sportcoat would be up? Also, any ideas as to price?

I'm thinking that it will arrive - along with the waistcoat - around the end of September. It will be made in the "Weller" model, so 3-to-2 roll, no ticket pocket, double vented, fully lined. Same lapels and shape as the Super 120's jackets that we have now. I don't have the final pricing, but I'm thinking that it will cost out at $595.

I'm REALLY excited for this suit. I considered a lot of fabrics to do it, and this was the strongest pattern that worked as true separates. The trousers can be worn with a navy blazer. The waistcoat can be worn with chinos or grey trousers. The sportcoat can be worn with denim. It will kick ass as a 3-piece, but each item can be easily worn by itself too. Not to mention - anyone who got last year's deadstock "Guncheck" fabric knows that the cloth itself is amazing. One of the nicest patterned Italian wools that I've ever seen.

Thinking about picking up those insanely nice Navy Flannel trousers.

I only have Rivet Chinos from EP at the moment in Golden Khaki. On the advice of the forum, I bought a 34, but I think I should have bought a 33. The waist is a bit loose and I have already had the lower leg taken in a bit.

What size should I go for in the trousers? 34 or 33? I know Rivets are meant to be in between Walts/Rudys.

I do have quite muscular thighs so if I was buying a trouser that had the option I'd probably get a Rudy.

The Rivet Chino runs in-between the Walt and the Rudy in terms of leg fit. If your Rivet Chino's not tight on the thighs, then you can probably get away with a Walt 33. If it fit snug, then you'll want the Walt 34, and you'll just need to get the waist and seat taken in. That's easy and fairly inexpensive to do, as our trousers have a split waistband and seam allowances. Unfortunately, we didn't run this fabric in the Rudy fit.

Just bought the olive moleskins. Already have the tan version. I love Epaulet. :D

Thank you sir!

Navy flannel. First obsessive want for the Fall. Very Nice Michael.

Thanks! This is the same fabric that we ran as a deadstock piece last Fall. The only difference is that this time around it's new stock, and $40 more as a result. But it's still completely ass-kicking. And it feels just as good as it looks!

Really like a lot of the Gitman Vintage shirts but have yet to find one that fits.

Yes, it's an experience that a lot of customers have. Gitman Vintage and our in-house Ashland line have a different overall fit than Epaulet. The Gitman size scale is more extreme, so the Small is a bit smaller than ours, but the Large is radically bigger than our Large.

Customers who take a Small or a Medium in our shirts can often fit into the Gitman Small or Medium, depending on the fabric and their physique. Some customers only fit one or the other. I take an Epaulet XL, but none of the Gitman shirts fit me well. Our Assistant Buyer Dylan only wears Gitman and Ashland. Between the two lines, we can typically find a fit that will work for most guys.

Got back from vacation and had a brand new pair of Epaulet trousers waiting for me. :slayer:

Going to take them to get hemmed ASAP (although I won't be wearing them anytime soon in this weather). Mike - or anyone with experience with the worsted merino wool air force blue trousers - are these dry clean only or machine washable, and how much can I expect them to shrink in length after first wash?

Really an excellent pair of trousers, and I can't wait for them to see some action once the weather starts to cool down.

Thank you, and glad that you're pleased with them! The Air Force Blues - and all of the wool trousers that we offer - are dry clean only. It's possible to hand-wash wool, but I wouldn't recommend it with a finer yarn like that. It's pretty resistant to dirt, so you don't have to clean it too often.

nbernie

Reaction score
yeah I bought the navy flannel last year and it is dopetty dope. Definitely highly recommended.

racknac

Reaction score
are you really out of medium gitman overdyes in moss? Please tell me its a joke and I can get in a taxi right now and buy one at your LES store?

laughter95

Reaction score
I just bought the french cuff windowpane. Does it come with a simple cufflink?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

are you really out of medium gitman overdyes in moss? Please tell me its a joke and I can get in a taxi right now and buy one at your LES store?

Ah man, sorry - they're totally sold out! I bought this pretty heavily too, but never expected it to sell this fast. I believe that we still have stock on the other two colors in that size.

I just bought the french cuff windowpane. Does it come with a simple cufflink?

For you? Absolutely. Thanks!

Crooow

Reaction score
Mike,
Just a heads-up, the measurements provided on the "Tapered Rudy Cargo Trouser Light Grey Flannel" page look like they are actually the Walt measurements.

Either that, or I may have just ordered the wrong size for my new flannel cargo trousers. :embar:

EDIT: Fixed now. And the Navy Marl Lambswool is so gorgeous that I had to pick up a pair of them as well.

Jason

Last edited:

Beatlegeuse

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I kinda want to spend $600 on the new trousers right now. I'm definitely getting the Brown houndstooth as I plan on completing the full suit once the other pieces are up, and I'm going back and forth and the Navy lambswool and the WWII Cramertons right now. I'm definitely leaning towards the Cramertons, because I actually don't own any khaki pants at all, and I think these would nicely fill a number of holes, since it looks like they can be worn dressed up or dressed down. Someone talk me into getting these....will I regret it if I don't pick them up right now??

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads