• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

nycs10011

Reaction score
Not a great picture but it looks excellent in person.

Southwick Single Cuts Winter 2018: Sportcoats - Biella Cosa Nostra Tropical Wool

IMG_3262-X3.jpg

Last edited:

tgaith77

Reaction score
Hi guys, hoping you can help ID a blue OCBD I came across thrifting. I can post some pics, but it looks to be recent (has an "epaulet los angeles" gray tag) and is made in portugal.

Any way of telling what fabric it is from those few details? I'm planning on putting it up on eBay, just thought it would help to ID the cloth, if possible.

shabbytraddy

Reaction score
@Epaulet

Mike, sorry if this has been addressed already; I search back in this thread but couldn't find anything:

With the close of Hertling, will you partner with a different vendor for the non-promotional MTO trousers (i.e., the standard hopsack you always offered/etc), or will MTO trousers be a promotional-only item now?

Thanks for any clarity you can offer. Looking for more trousers and love me some Rudy.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 943226 Epaulet Renzo Jodhpurs and Hertling pearl grey flannels.

@tkliebert so good! How are the Renzo's treating you?

Sitting on the front porch, planning for our trip to Europe this summer in the shoes I'll wear most of the trip...
zsVfR8j.jpg

@M635Guy so fresh and so clean!

Just snagged one of the final pairs of Garand trousers and a pair of Kennedy socks for good measure. Can’t resist grabbing Hertling.

@DapperDan08 thanks dude!

@Epaulet, I may have missed it, but it doesn't look like the Sashiko Doyles shipped last week. Any chance they're shipping today?

@avidtest just finished dyeing, will need a day or two to get the buttons put on. We should be shipping by the end of the week.

REDA Doyle is even better than advertised. I hate to spit SF cliches, but the photos really don't do it justice (perhaps because of the dark tone?). This is one of those ones that you have to handle to really appreciate it. Reminds me very much of a Barbera jacket I lusted after a few years ago and that one was $1000. If anyone is considering, don't miss this one.

@Duke Silver so great to hear... I'm thrilled that you're so pleased with it! I think that this is really part of the future for us. I've worn the hell out of the one-off LP Doyle that I made for myself last year. The shape really works so well in dressy wools.

Not a great picture but it looks excellent in person.

Southwick Single Cuts Winter 2018: Sportcoats - Biella Cosa Nostra Tropical Wool

IMG_3262-X3.jpg

@nycs10011 super sharp!

Hi guys, hoping you can help ID a blue OCBD I came across thrifting. I can post some pics, but it looks to be recent (has an "epaulet los angeles" gray tag) and is made in portugal.

Any way of telling what fabric it is from those few details? I'm planning on putting it up on eBay, just thought it would help to ID the cloth, if possible.

@tgaith77 that's almost surely one of our Somelos oxfords. We sold them for $95.

@Epaulet

Mike, sorry if this has been addressed already; I search back in this thread but couldn't find anything:

With the close of Hertling, will you partner with a different vendor for the non-promotional MTO trousers (i.e., the standard hopsack you always offered/etc), or will MTO trousers be a promotional-only item now?

Thanks for any clarity you can offer. Looking for more trousers and love me some Rudy.

@shabbytraddy yes sir, we're moving all of the MTO work over the Southwick. Should have that online in about a week. We have a new trouser called the "Nico" which will debut as one of the ordering options too.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
How does the Nico differ from the Gable or the Taylor?

@paxonus same fit overall as both. It's a touch higher than the Gable (about 1/8') due to the waistband. It has a dual button closure and side tabs as standard, so that you can adjust the waistband.

We're going to officially discontinue the Gable, as there's a lot of crossover between it and Nico, but any of you guys can still order the Gable by just putting that into Special Notes.

espen

Reaction score
@Epaulet - since this is a safe space, I may as well ask this here re: high waisted pants.

I'm a taller fella (6'3) - longer arms and really long legs. So as a result, I have a shorter torso. Do high-waisted trousers work for guys like me? I'm concerned that the much higher rise will throw off my whole balance (too much pant, not nearly enough shirt). Or am I over-thinking this?

Patrick R

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Epaulet - since this is a safe space, I may as well ask this here re: high waisted pants.

I'm a taller fella (6'3) - longer arms and really long legs. So as a result, I have a shorter torso. Do high-waisted trousers work for guys like me? I'm concerned that the much higher rise will throw off my whole balance (too much pant, not nearly enough shirt). Or am I over-thinking this?

My personal experience only: I’m 6’2”, with long arms and legs. A medium rise pant appears to be a higher rise pant on me. High rise pants look VERY directional. Like I’m trying to exceed the bounds of reasonable taste.

c1rcaa

Reaction score

Not as tall here (5'9"), but I've got a similar imbalance between longer legs vs. shorter torso. I definitely feel like true high-waisted trousers look very odd. Similar to Patrick R, medium rise pants tend to appear to be on the higher side. I usually get medium, or low-rise only.

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score

@espen I hear you... I've got the a similar build but shorter overall (5'10"). I have very long legs for my height and actually fairly short arms.

I like wearing the Gable and the Taylor, but it's definitely a look. It gives you a different silhouette and it's pretty bold. I think that most guys like these trousers for that very reason.. and that will be the Nico's main appeal. Given your overall height, I think that it's going to look great on you, but you have to like the style. It stands out from the pack. These aren't my trousers, but I think that this guy might be in your general proportions:

846c61abf5abe076e8ef457b8854905b.jpg

And FWIW, I find high rise trousers to be REALLY comfortable. You may have to tailor them a bit to get the right circumference around your navel, but when they're well fitted, they're amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads