1. I'd like to announce that animated avatars are now available again. You'll have to reload, but they are once more possible.

We've been doing a ton of work behind the scenes. The site load speed was already under 1/2 of what Huddler's was, on average, and we installed cloudflare, which means that the site should be even faster. A ton more will go on in the weeks and months to come, and some things will be more visibile, and some less.

Cheers,

Fok.

Dismiss Notice

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Need some help making my first Epaulet purchase when they come back from vacation. Can't decide between picking up the 12oz heavy duty rivet chino or a pair of Walt moleskins. I work in tech so dress is very casual. I mostly wear chinos, OCBDs and Aldens shoes/boots to work. Any thoughts? I wish I could pick up both.

2. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

Where in the bay area? If you're in the city, get the moleskins. If you're on the peninsula, get the chinos. If you're in the east bay, may God have mercy on your soul.

3. golfham

golfham Senior member

Get both. They both look awesome.

4. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

nothing special ... just doing about a 2inch cuff and cuffed up like 3 times. the jeans im rocking are the SExDBxSxS12 and are thick as hell, but yeah :)

5. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Senior member

Hahaha, nice Stan. ETA: Grew up on the peninsula, went to college in the East Bay, work on both sides now. What to do??

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  6. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Good one SVB. I'm a family man living in the East Bay burbs, working in Emeryville. Office will eventually move to the city. Maybe Rivets first and then moleskins next when I get more $$. On a side note, has anyone hemmed the rivets with cuffs or does the natural cotton herringbone twill on the inside leg prohibit this?

7. golfham

golfham Senior member

thank you my dude. I was rocking the same look the other day (chromexcel loafers and jeans).

8. Beatlegeuse

Beatlegeuse Senior member

I didn't really think about getting these when they were first put up for sale...I've never had a pair of pennys before. But after seeing your pics, they look much better than I originally thought. Dammit.

Mike, I think I remember you saying a while back that you would be able to offer some of the Sewn by Hand shoes in different widths as a special order. I know you're enjoying your vaca now, but is there any chance I could get these made up in a 12B at some point? Or maybe I will just try on a standard 12 to see how they fit, it might be OK. It will probably be another month before I can get up to the city, but when I do I'm definitely gonna stop by the store.

9. NewYorkIslander

NewYorkIslander Affiliate Vendor

I wouldn't. These fit more like a pair of jeans than a pair of slacks. I'd just do a flip cuff on them. It could be done though.

10. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

I hemmed my chino's with a cuff because I always cuffed them and it looks cleaner with a cuff. It worked fine and I liked the result

11. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

Thanks guys. I can see the pros and cons. I'll decide when I get them. Beingjbot - any pics?

12. Beingjbot

Beingjbot Well-Known Member

Ill get a pic up soon. Which color chino's? I got almost all of them. let me know and ill show them cuffed in a pic. I got some cuffed 1.75" and some 1.5". I like the 1.5" better.

13. Strombollii

Strombollii Senior member

Just out of curiosity, did anyone else place an order right before the shop closed? Ups still hasn't updated my tracking to show the package in a sort facility and I'm freaking out about it being here before the 18th. Haha

Edit: Just kidding. They just showed up

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  14. lagsun

lagsun Senior member

How about the 1.5" in a khaki, stone or moss? Thanks.

15. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

i purchased a belt and 2 aldens ... but didnt receive tracking since it wasnt through paypal. mike emailed and said at least 2 of my items should have shipped on monday. we shall see :)