Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. meso

meso Senior member

Stupid question. What is the difference, if any, between a cutaway collar and a spread collar?

2. kilgore

kilgore Well-Known Member

holy shiz...all three shirts look amazing! too bad i'm on a spending freeze at the moment. if by some miracle a medium manages to be around in a few weeks, i'm definitely picking one up.

btw, KG - you really should start some lookbook collection and show nubs like me how it is DONE.

3. racknac

racknac Senior member

want to pounce on the new shirts, but saving my money for the double monks, alden ravellos and tweed pants... you promised me a tweed vest as well right?!?

4. silvermagenta

silvermagenta Well-Known Member

Aren't the top 2 shirts gingham?

5. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Sure do. Black and Brown horsehide 685's should come around mid September. A lot of guys comment that we don't do much black footwear - which is true, as it's rare to find a black leather that's interesting. These blew me away when I saw the first sample a year ago and we ordered it instantly. It's one of the nicest black leathers that I've ever seen.

[​IMG]

Ah, that's kind of a debate:
    http://www.styleforum.net/forum/thread/138837/spread-collar-vs-cutaway-collar/0_90

For our shirts, the cutaway collar is basically a very wide spread collar. We also make it a bit thinner in both the collar and the collar stand to keep everything in proportion. It's a nice way to give our traditional shirts a fresh attitude.

You bet. We'll have tweed and moleskin vests. And a few surprise vests!

Yes, you're totally right. We changed it to the correct nomenclature. I have to say though, "TRIPLE TATTERSALL THREAT" sounded pretty ace.

And since I'm posting preview shots, may I present a quick snap of our upcoming cargo pocket Walt flannel trousers. Should have them around 8/25.
    [​IMG]

6. scb

scb Senior member

red chambray arrived yesterday. it's my first Epaulet shirt and the fit is perfect.

i will be ordering more

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Thank you sir!

And in other pretty boot news, the Alden for Epaulet Officer's Indy is back in stock! Dark Brown Chromexcel leather, Tru-Balance last, no contrast stitching, and the thick double-leather sole. Our very first Alden makeup style and one of our very best:
    [​IMG]
    Alden for Epaulet Officer's Indy Boot: $480

Any orders for these boots placed before midnight tonight will go out Monday before our holiday starts.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2011

8. kgmessier

kgmessier Senior member

I can't think of anything I'm looking forward to this autumn more than those Epaulet vests. Mike, what colors will the moleskin vests be? Hoping for something in wine or olive.

9. StanleyVanBuren

StanleyVanBuren Thumb Raider

stoked to be getting the purple/brown gingham in a couple days... looks so good. Also you can tell Dylan I approve of his new specs.

Have a great vacation Mike and we'll all look forward to more pain-bringing with all the fall stuff when you get back.

10. PorterInjax

PorterInjax Senior member

Same here. Already received my shipping confirmation. Should be at "home" when I fly there on Thursday eve

11. runningfrog

runningfrog Senior member

Mike, any word on the Brixton wingtip pre-orders? I'm really looking forward to these boots.

Also, I got my red chambray and blue oxford last night. Both are perfect as I expected. My Epaulet shirt collection keeps growing and growing...:)

12. thenanyu

thenanyu Senior member

[​IMG]

Seriously this thing is dope.

13. TeeKay

TeeKay Senior member

Just bought the Caine blazer and the red chambray. Gonna be freakin' awesome.

14. randomkoreandude

randomkoreandude Senior member

hey mike loved the belt ... but i think i sized wrong. sent you an email and hopefully i can catch you before you bounce on vacation.

THANKS!

15. meso

meso Senior member

Strange snafu with my last package from Epaulet. Postman requested another $9 just to give me the package, b/c the postage on it was insufficient?
    It was also routed through Washingon state, at least according to USPS tracking.
    Oddly, I was also sent an almost identical package at the same time by Epaulet that came straight to me with no problems.
    Sent Epaulet an email, not a big deal, really - stranger things have happened with USPS!
    Anybody else had this happen?