• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

herzzreh

Reaction score
Well, this is unfortunate... :( noticed this today while applying Saphir Renovateur. Exactly two years old.

w5Qq2Gl.jpg

view

Kwaker

Reaction score
Well, this is unfortunate... :( noticed this today while applying Saphir Renovateur. Exactly two years old.

w5Qq2Gl.jpg

view
Such an odd place to crack since it is a low-flex area ... unless you kick there to remove the shoe?

herzzreh

Reaction score
That's the only rational explanation that I have. I don't remember doing it but I must've done it at some point for this to happen.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's the only rational explanation that I have. I don't remember doing it but I must've done it at some point for this to happen.

Maybe a cobbler can glue it back on for you.

M635Guy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing. My son has de-soled and re-soled several pairs of vintage Air Jordans. He pulled the whole sole, cleaned up the new/donor/existing sole and the upper, and then re-glued it with Barge Infinity Cement (which can take the flex/etc. associated with footwear. You could try a more local approach with the same adhesive (there's a similar product from Barge at Home Depot that apparently OK in a pinch, but the serious sneakerheads apparently recommend the Infinity version highly), but getting a clean surface might be tough, especially when you want to avoid making that split worse...

avsmusic1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@herzzreh - I would definitely bring them to a cobbler. I have the bad habit of kicking my shoes off as well and one came unglued. It didn't crack like yours but my local guy fixed it up for me on the cheap and they are as good as new now

CLTesquire

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a phone number to get in touch with Epaulet that they could PM me? I have emailed and PM-ed here and can't seem to get a response.

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a phone number to get in touch with Epaulet that they could PM me? I have emailed and PM-ed here and can't seem to get a response.

Try Facebook messenger?

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
HERTLING WALT TROUSER LAST HURRAH

Hey guys,

Okay quick heads up. I've been speaking with Hertling and it looks like they'll be open for another three weeks. They have a lot of cloth on hand, and want to do one final round of trousers.

At this point, I think we can have this live tomorrow. It has to be easy for them, so we're only going to offer Walt trousers, only stock details and unfinished inseams and possibly in a restricted size range. But they'll be amazing pricing ($150 cottons & linens, $175 wools) and delivery in about three weeks.

I'll be in touch as it takes shape!

kingoflondon

Reaction score
AA6CAF01-B00A-48B4-B794-5ADB529572F3.jpeg
5EDDA382-0635-4DBF-8C53-17562138DA8E.jpeg

Received red shadow plaid shirt today. Very pleased with this one. The fabric is burly. I imagine it will soften after a wash, but I like the weight, it is perfect for a shirt of this nature. I generally take a large in Epaulet, this one fits true to size for me. Quality of this shirt is superb, I love the details: corozo buttons are great, construction is solid. Feels like this shirt will last for many years. Not the most important detail I know, but the new label is cool!

duff406

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
HERTLING WALT TROUSER LAST HURRAH

Hey guys,

Okay quick heads up. I've been speaking with Hertling and it looks like they'll be open for another three weeks. They have a lot of cloth on hand, and want to do one final round of trousers.

At this point, I think we can have this live tomorrow. It has to be easy for them, so we're only going to offer Walt trousers, only stock details and unfinished inseams and possibly in a restricted size range. But they'll be amazing pricing ($150 cottons & linens, $175 wools) and delivery in about three weeks.

I'll be in touch as it takes shape!
More of a Rudy guy than a Walt guy, but will be standing by for this!

Epaulet

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
View attachment 932449 View attachment 932448

Received red shadow plaid shirt today. Very pleased with this one. The fabric is burly. I imagine it will soften after a wash, but I like the weight, it is perfect for a shirt of this nature. I generally take a large in Epaulet, this one fits true to size for me. Quality of this shirt is superb, I love the details: corozo buttons are great, construction is solid. Feels like this shirt will last for many years. Not the most important detail I know, but the new label is cool!

@kingoflondon looks awesome on you... thanks for picking it up!

More of a Rudy guy than a Walt guy, but will be standing by for this!

@duff406 @nycs10011 yeah, apologies.. I can only get them to cut one shape on this. But that said, you can size up one on the Walt and then take in waist to get an approximate Rudy fit.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads