1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

2. theh00d

theh00d Senior Member

821807A4-70D3-41E6-923F-55C389373D01.jpeg Moleskin field jacket and legendary cord tweed

3. duff406

duff406 Senior Member

First Southwick suit inbound! Excited to say the least. But won't have time to get it to the tailor prior to a party we are hosting next weekend, any way to temporarily hem the trousers to get through a day before I can get them done? Would like to wear it, guess I can break it up and wear the jacket with some other trousers but would like to wear the full suit for the occasion...

Will post pics when it shows up!

4. dcjohnson

dcjohnson Senior Member

Will there be stock items in the old Hertling shapes?
    I've been toying with the idea of trying the Taylor cut but would like to try it on/order a pair before jumping into a MTO. Thatvrise sounds interesting but not sure it's for me

5. avsmusic1

avsmusic1 Distinguished Member

Thanks @Epaulet
    I’m going to go XL - I’m totally cool w/ this being a more “overshirt” or shirt jacket look and worst case, I’ll warm wash once to shrink it up.

At this price it’s worth buying just to have a badass, tough as nail, knock around shirt

6. Epaulet

@duff406 fantastic! And yes, most drug stores sell a "hem tape" in the sewing section.. or you can get it overnighted by Amazon.

@dcjohnson not anytime soon, but eventually I'd like to have some basic inventory in all of the shapes with our new Southwick production. We're a while off on that, though.

@avsmusic1 rad! Yeah you can't go wrong with that, it works great as an overshirt too.

7. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

Hi Mike when you guys were in NYC who did you recommend for alteration, San Wazin in midtown east is great but he quotes ~100 for converting trouser to side tabs, anyone else you guys can recommend?

8. dcjohnson

dcjohnson Senior Member

Thanks for the information on the trousers Mike. I might have to MTO a pair of Taylor's through southwick.
    Is this extra rise equivalent to moving the waist up from one shirt button to the next? Anyone who is around 5'8" or 5'9" wearing this casually, without jacket?

9. shabbytraddy

shabbytraddy Senior Member

@Epaulet

Handsome Mike: quick sizing question about the chainstitch. I take a 44R in your Southwick jackets, and your old EPLA oxford XXL is pretty roomy. Go with XL on the chainstitch? Same measurements as 44R Dartmouth, so I figure yes but wanted to check...

Thanks, hombre.

10. JSO1

JSO1 Distinguished Member

Second Southwick single cuts suit is here. This was the Loro Piana indigo slub fabric that I believe was only enough for one suit? Turned out amazing especially with the smoke mother of pearl buttons...

Sorry for bad photos, was just trying to capture the fabric. Single cuts di pray deep chocolate check flannel is behind it.

Both suits turned out amazing — thanks EP!

DEE6C066-C62E-468D-A14A-2AC951FC0796.jpeg

AFCE2B31-C28A-41E7-B5CD-CE0E22E4B2F8.jpeg

AA114B60-2A46-45EA-A6AF-FE9B30CEE34C.jpeg

11. althanis

althanis Distinguished Member

Ring Ring shirt looks great.

I believe some of its description got infected with some of the Chambray's.

12. Doktor Corn

Doktor Corn Well-Known Member

I'm 5'8" and while I always wear a jacket, I think it still looks good aesthetically without one, though some people will consider it affected as such. It also looks better with a fuller shirt sans jacket, but honestly I'm not fond of going around without a sport coat, bomber, field jacket etc in the first place so I only have one or two blousy shirts I've tried like this.

13. Epaulet

@dcjohnson at your height, the Taylor rise is going to be at about your navel. And I think that they work great if your casual look is along these lines:

[​IMG]

For true casual stuff... like with a t-shirt and easy sneakers, the high shape shape can be a little tough IMO. But it works brilliantly with looks like this, and it's a very comfortable shape to wear.

@shabbytraddy I'd say to do an XXL in the Chainstitch, that would be fairly consistent with the 44 Dartmouth. I take a 40-41 Dartmouth and I'm wearing a Large perfectly. My production in LA is really precise these days, so those old EPLA measurements are a little out of the park.

@JSO1 amazing.. they came out so good! Thanks for posting.

@althanis ooops, lemme fix that later. Thanks for the heads up.

@Doktor Corn definitely agreed. High rise trousers can work on their own, but a jacket complements them really nicely. Doesn't have to be a sportcoat though.. I've seen guys pair things like the Doyle and shirtjackets with them brilliantly.

14. dalevy

dalevy Distinguished Member

On the Taylors, yeah that's a great look Mike posted. I'm 5'9" and have a lot of Taylor/Gable pairs. If I don't wear it with a jacket of any kind at work I am usually wearing it with a sweater, meaning I would generally not show the high rise in an office environment. I would definitely not feel comfortable (style-wise) with that. Casually like that picture looks awesome though. In the bay area (or Redondo, amirite @Epaulet?) it will be the dressiest casual look around, but whatever if you're comfortable with that.

15. lifeinabox

lifeinabox Distinguished Member