1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Mike will likely give you the definitive answer here, but in my view the Walt cut is sort of the middle of the road for Epaulet and it's fairly slim and nicely tailored. hard to go wrong with it. From there, in trousers (as opposed to chinos):

The Garand is a nice choice for a slimmer fit/narrower leg opening and slightly lower rise than the Walt (and there are options in stock, but if you buy them and love them they aren't apparently getting made in the future, so you probably don't want to love them... :confused2:). The current twills should put up with a lot of wear.

The Driggs is slimmest with the lowest rise and narrowest leg opening. That's currently not stocked though, and probably a little risky MTOing a pair of pants that you are trying for the first time.

The Rivet Chino may really fit the bill here. They are priced really well, you can try them on now (and exchange for a different size), and these are a core Epaulet product that I can't imagine are going anywhere (unless Mike quits the rag trade to go full time into promoting juice cleanses). The Rivets are a little more causal than the trousers above, but not so that most people would notice. I think they are office-appropriate without a doubt. They have a low rise and a definite taper to the leg opening. Should qualify as slim. I'd suggest looking at the Cramerton cloth.

2. FrankCowperwood

Speaking of Sandows, here are the green-cast khaki canvas version:
    DSC05226.jpg

Chose a hem that was on the short side intentionally. Really liking these as some pretty trad khaki trousers. @Epaulet you just need to get that Brisbane Moss English Drill as an option for MTO...

3. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

I like the coat. Why did you hem the trousers on the short side? (Note: Short hems are the bane of my existence).

4. LatAm

LatAm Senior Member

@FrankCowperwood great look! Can I ask, did you go for Sandow's because you were looking for a fuller silhouette, or just because the cut feels like it works better for you?

5. FrankCowperwood

Just for the heck of it really. I'm generally too lazy to take pants in to the tailor and this was an easy way to try a shorter hem. Don't think I'd do it all the time and I'll be happy to roll the stock Sandows I ordered just the other day.

Yes! Really for the rise, and then I don't mind the fuller cut and wider leg opening. I don't have power lifter quads by an stretch of the imagination, so it's just for the style really.

6. LatAm

LatAm Senior Member

Ahh thanks. Hadn't noticed that the rise is higher in the Sandows.

7. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

Hey guys! Running really late on today's newsletter, but our new LA-made Chainstitch shirts are among the best things that we've ever made. Hoping to have them all online within the hour.

8. suuteebird

suuteebird Senior Member

E3EA878F-11A3-44C6-B962-1ED78F45AAED.jpeg
    Newly arrived Loro Piana baby camel hair sport coat. Incredibly bonkers!

9. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

Damn, that’s so good. Having serious nonbuyers remorse on that one.

10. espen

espen Senior Member

11. tricky

tricky Distinguished Member

The ring ring is next level.

@Epaulet sorry but can you remind me what was tweaked from the original Somaleo and the current one?

12. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

The shirts look incredible. The XL measurements show a slightly wider chest (22.5” vs 22”), slightly narrower shoulder (18.5” vs 19”), and slightly shorter sleeve (26” vs 27”) than what I am used to from your stock shirts, with the understanding that even among your standard shirts there are variations from maker to maker and version to version. Is she shrinking total sleeve length (half shoulder plus sleeve) intentional?

13. takashi78

takashi78 Senior Member

Would you say out of the 3 the Garand fits the "roomiest" and has the highest rise?
    I have big thigh and calves and looking at these are the last of the Hertling made trousers one can buy makes me want them more.

14. Epaulet

Epaulet Affiliate Vendor Affiliate Vendor

@tricky

@Patrick R

These are pretty much on par with the stock shirts. The XL sleeve is actually 26.5.. I'll fix that in the items shortly. The yoke measurement is smaller due to the heavy chainstitching there. But I'd say that the fit in the shoulders is functionally the same. The chest is a bit bigger to due to the plain back. Our typical shirts used a box pleat and darts in the back, and this is just straight.

The fit is really excellent. It's a touch more relaxed than Gitman, maybe a touch more fitted than the Capri Collar. If you've owned and liked our shirts in the past, then just go for the same size, it will work. The Ring Ring denim is a bit larger than spec when raw, but you can expect that it will shrink a bit with the first wash and land where it should be.

15. Patrick R

Patrick R Distinguished Member

I generally take a 35 in Walt, 35 in Rivet with the waist taken in an inch, and 34 in Garand. If I took a 35 Garand, it would definitely be the roomiest, but they are all reasonably slim.

I fucking love the heavier weight Dragoni twill Garands that are up now. I have one of each of the light khaki and the olive.