1. Welcome to our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen We are very happy to welcome our newest affiliate vendor, Atelier Wen focusing on quality mechanical watches proudly made in China.

Epaulet shop - Official Affiliate thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by LA Guy, Apr 1, 2009.

Tags:
  1. duff406

duff406 Senior Member

I was just telling my wife this week that the EP Hertling trousers were my favorite thing ever, so it's real sad to hear of their closing. I hope for the best for all the employees. Definitely the end of an era for American clothing.

Just last night in the olive thick and cozy canvas and Capri collar oxford. And an Epaulet CXL belt for good measure

On a related note, hey @Epaulet , what's the future hold for the Capri collar shirts? More options coming? What about the potential for an EFF type event with that pattern?

IMG_20180216_174407.jpg

2. Doktor Corn

Doktor Corn Well-Known Member

I'm truly shocked Hertling is closing. I have around thirty pairs and another two I've ordered in the last month *crosses fingers* and nothing else I own compares to them. When I started building my professional wardrobe a few years ago they were the only article of clothing for which I paid retail. Considering the number of cloth options and the quality of construction I always saw them as a great value, which makes this all the more confusing to me.

3. clee1982

clee1982 Stylish Dinosaur

sweet, just order my, always wanted to try some pleated trouser, guess no better time than now

4. section31

section31 Active Member

Even my wife is familiar with the stories that Mike has told about Julie Hertling as I've shared the pictures of Mike at the factory over the years. She admires the quality of their product as the daughter of a well experienced seamstress. Her mother hemmed one of my Epaulet trousers for a wedding and was raving about the quality.

5. Handcuffed

Handcuffed Senior Member

PM sent. =)

6. Moocow9

Moocow9 Well-Known Member

@Epaulet, I remember you mentioned making some heavyweight plaid shirts in December. Are you still planning on doing that?

7. Michigan Planner

Michigan Planner Distinguished Member

I just got a UPS notice that I’m getting a Southwick delivery tomorrow. This must be something from the recent single cuts. That was fast!

Now I just have to sit here wondering what it will be? I ordered two (or maybe three?) sport coats and a suit in this round.

8. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

Oh the magic mystery Southwick box. Good times.

9. Numbahzz

Numbahzz Active Member

Does anyone have advice on what I can purchase to place into my snuff suede combat boots I recently purchased to make them fit Better? Mike gave me some advice but I dont remember the name of the implement he advised me on using to take up some of the room in the toe area. The boots i purchased fit a half size too big for reference.

10. FlyingHorker

FlyingHorker Senior Member

anybody else find the doyle jacket to look 1-2" too short? I'd buy one, but that's the one thing holding me back.

hip pockets also look a bit too high and awkward to use.

11. budapest12

budapest12 Distinguished Member

No, not really. I like the length and have not yet found a pocket that I couldn't figure out a way in the end to successfully operate.

12. FrankCowperwood

FrankCowperwood Distinguished Member

@Numbahzz i find Pedag insoles from Amazon do a good job making shoes that are a touch too big fit me better. Your’s aren’t just too long though, but have extra space all around right?

Good news is 1/2 size too big is much better than too small and boots are easiest to fix the fit of with socks/lacing/insoles.

@FlyingHorker no I find it’s the right length and the pockets are well positioned. And I don’t like cropped and I love good pockets, so I’d be unhappy if the Doyle were off in either regard.

13. DapperDan08

DapperDan08 Well-Known Member

I ordered my first pairs of Hertling trousers in an EFF right around the ‘16 election and once they (mocha and cash money Rudy) came in, I was hooked. 2017 was the year of the Hertling trouser for me, and my only solace is that I had a solid year of consistent orders before they closed. The Hertlings I own, from thick wools and flannels to redas and linens, are hands down my favorite pants, period. Kudos to Mike @Epaulet for your support of the company, which opened it to all of us.

14. peppercorn78

peppercorn78 Distinguished Member

I remember that EFF. I ordered three pairs as a way to sort of drown my depression in pants, haha.

15. DapperDan08

DapperDan08 Well-Known Member

Someone called it retail therapy and they were spot on!